Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2016, 08:30 AM   #1741
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I had read that Jay Zcheated on Yonce countless times before their baby was born and that he has shaped up since then, and that is why Solange whupped up on Jay Z in the elevator cuz he was getting cozy at a party with one of his ex-fucks, when he was supposed to be being a good boy.
Old 04.29.2016, 08:31 AM   #1742
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so, any thoughts on this Designer chap who everyone says is ripping off Future with his Panda song?
Old 04.29.2016, 09:47 AM   #1744
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I had read that Jay Zcheated on Yonce countless times before their baby was born and that he has shaped up since then, and that is why Solange whupped up on Jay Z in the elevator cuz he was getting cozy at a party with one of his ex-fucks, when he was supposed to be being a good boy.
I never understood what is wrong with some people. If i was married to Beyonce i would eat that shit exclusively for breakfast lunch and dinner and say my Hail Mary's for continuing to do so during Lent. No need to fuck around elsewhere when you have a goddess in bed at home!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 10:02 AM   #1745
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I never understood what is wrong with some people. If i was married to Beyonce i would eat that shit exclusively for breakfast lunch and dinner and say my Hail Mary's for continuing to do so during Lent. No need to fuck around elsewhere when you have a goddess in bed at home!

Uh. Yeah. Duh. But well said.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 10:08 AM   #1746
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
so, any thoughts on this Designer chap who everyone says is ripping off Future with his Panda song?
That song is fun and catchy as hell. The way he delivered "I got broads in Atlanta" and the next few lines was brilliant. But I don't think he has the talent it takes to really follow up and make more good songs. Seems like a fluke and I expect him to disappear soon. We'll see though..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2016, 10:14 AM   #1747
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Waiting for you guys to give your opinions on VIEWS. It's the first solo project from Drake that I don't like, but you know, I'm actually kinda happy that I don't have to like Drake anymore.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:19 AM   #1748
louder
invito al cielo

Oh and you know I don't like Pablo besides a few songs, but I must say it SHITS on Views. No contest.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:26 AM   #1749
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Terrible album. Lacks energy and innovation. Everything sounds samey and boring. Some watered down versions of things he already tried on previous projects. He didn't make any progression from If You're Reading This.. at all. The fact it's 1 hour and 22 mins doesn't help either. Man fuck Drake.

Hah.

I haven't heard it all yet. It became available at midnight and I went to iTunes (which featured a sliding horizontal banner containing NOTHING but VIEWS promos... Like, fucking SIX different promos for the same album... seriously) and listened to a snippet of the track Kanye produced (co-produced? It's unclear) and thought it was pretty legit.

But then I sampled the track with Rihanna and heard that motherfucking GOD AWFUL pretentious "singing" bumfuckery he's always limping back to, and the line "last naaaiiiight/ I got as high as the expectations" and I laughed out loud and stopped right there and said "fuck this, maybe later."

One thing is clear, though. Well, no, actually two things are clear. ONE: DRAKE'S VOICE IS TERRIBLE AND SUPREMELY ANNOYING. It's only passable when he raps, and then only if he tones down the braggadocio, because frankly I just don't buy any of his bragging bullshit.

TWO: Drake is not what makes Drake records (occasionally) good. Not the fuck at all. It's his producers. If anything, his presence makes everything worse. The reason IYRTITL was better than his other albums is because it was rooted in very precise, minimal beats that were well assembled and arranged by all those Canadian fucker's he hangs with like 40.

The beats on that album demanded a less ostentatious vocal performance from him, and kept him in check. I still think that's a good album. Really, I do. But the whole "Drake is a genius" thing? No. Nope. Not a bit. Opposite of, if anything.

I'll give him this: he has a good sense of humor and he can laugh at himself, which is good. I saw him on Kimmel and he wore a beard and pretended to be a journalist and asked people about Drake, and he remained pretty stone faced while people dissed him to his face, and laughed about it later. That's good, because if he couldn't laugh at himself he'd be the worst human being in the world.

HOWEVER. He takes "his music" super seriously, and pets people believe that he's a one man music industry, when he has NOTHING to do with the only part of his music that works - the production.

Drake's self-seriousness and ridiculousness on record makes me grateful for the chaotic and bewildering behavior and music of Kanye West. I'd rather have a choppy, half finished album roll out painstakingly over two months and result in fucking incredible music than hear this branded, bearded fool drop this "masterpiece" where everything is put in the right place by a bunch of OVO geeks, and the whole thing is radio milk that is ultimately of no consequence whatsoever. I'd rather have Pablo any day. Drake is incapable of making true artistic statements because he's not a true artist. He's a bad singer who can rap -- slowly and often poorly -- and that's it.

He's incapable of making a Yeezus. He's incapable of making challenging music, because he doesn't make music. He's a pop star and he's fucking ridiculous and he's lucky to have one good album to his credit.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:38 AM   #1750
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I find that Drake's tunes are worms that dig into your brain and do not let go (when they are good) and also instantly shitty claptrap when they suck, and as has been said, it is due solely to the person making the music/beat. His raps are shitty rhymes, his flow is cribbed from countless others, his voice is shit whether autotuned or not, and his rhyme schemes are basic.

However, he can rap/sing simple shit about stupid shit and it goes over because the beat behind it is so damn LIT
Old 04.29.2016, 10:41 AM   #1751
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

You gotta remember that Jay Z was boning and pimping out dozens and dozens of gorgeous women before he met Beyonce, and that anything can become boring, even bentleys, mansions, and beyonce to someone who has access to near infinite variety.

That is why it is hard for people to be famous and truly monogamous. There is just too much dick and vagina swinging free out in the air constantly throwing itself at you....

Bey says he is not cheating now,a nd has not been for years now, and that they are all good now. shit's rough in famous marriages.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:41 AM   #1752
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
That song is fun and catchy as hell. The way he delivered "I got broads in Atlanta" and the next few lines was brilliant. But I don't think he has the talent it takes to really follow up and make more good songs. Seems like a fluke and I expect him to disappear soon. We'll see though..

So you like that song but you don't like Father Stretch my Hands pt. 2, which is where that song came from? Weird, yo.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:43 AM   #1753
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hah.

I haven't heard it all yet. It became available at midnight and I went to iTunes (which featured a sliding horizontal banner containing NOTHING but VIEWS promos... Like, fucking SIX different promos for the same album... seriously) and listened to a snippet of the track Kanye produced (co-produced? It's unclear) and thought it was pretty legit.

But then I sampled the track with Rihanna and heard that motherfucking GOD AWFUL pretentious "singing" bumfuckery he's always limping back to, and the line "last naaaiiiight/ I got as high as the expectations" and I laughed out loud and stopped right there and said "fuck this, maybe later."

One thing is clear, though. Well, no, actually two things are clear. ONE: DRAKE'S VOICE IS TERRIBLE AND SUPREMELY ANNOYING. It's only passable when he raps, and then only if he tones down the braggadocio, because frankly I just don't buy any of his bragging bullshit.

TWO: Drake is not what makes Drake records (occasionally) good. Not the fuck at all. It's his producers. If anything, his presence makes everything worse. The reason IYRTITL was better than his other albums is because it was rooted in very precise, minimal beats that were well assembled and arranged by all those Canadian fucker's he hangs with like 40.

The beats on that album demanded a less ostentatious vocal performance from him, and kept him in check. I still think that's a good album. Really, I do. But the whole "Drake is a genius" thing? No. Nope. Not a bit. Opposite of, if anything.

I'll give him this: he has a good sense of humor and he can laugh at himself, which is good. I saw him on Kimmel and he wore a beard and pretended to be a journalist and asked people about Drake, and he remained pretty stone faced while people dissed him to his face, and laughed about it later. That's good, because if he couldn't laugh at himself he'd be the worst human being in the world.

HOWEVER. He takes "his music" super seriously, and pets people believe that he's a one man music industry, when he has NOTHING to do with the only part of his music that works - the production.

Drake's self-seriousness and ridiculousness on record makes me grateful for the chaotic and bewildering behavior and music of Kanye West. I'd rather have a choppy, half finished album roll out painstakingly over two months and result in fucking incredible music than hear this branded, bearded fool drop this "masterpiece" where everything is put in the right place by a bunch of OVO geeks, and the whole thing is radio milk that is ultimately of no consequence whatsoever. I'd rather have Pablo any day. Drake is incapable of making true artistic statements because he's not a true artist. He's a bad singer who can rap -- slowly and often poorly -- and that's it.

He's incapable of making a Yeezus. He's incapable of making challenging music, because he doesn't make music. He's a pop star and he's fucking ridiculous and he's lucky to have one good album to his credit.
Nailed it.

You know, 40 is great but I feel like he finally ran out of ideas. A lot of this album just sounds like one long song. Drake sings too much on this album, even though like you said - he absolutely shouldn't. The half rapping half singing shtick always kind of worked for him, but here there are parts where it seems like he legit believes he can be a full time singer. The mixing for some reason isn't as good either, as I often hear Drake getting drowned by the production.

The rapping suffers from it too. Somehow Drake decided to put rapping skills and lyricism aside and just focus on creating a "vibe", whatever that fucking means.

The result is the most boring album of 2016, hands down. Is Drake gonna put out more music? Because that's the last thing I want from him in the near future. I'd like him to take a long break, perhaps try some acting, and come back when he's inspired.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:46 AM   #1754
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
So you like that song but you don't like Father Stretch my Hands pt. 2, which is where that song came from? Weird, yo.
My standards for a Kanye album are just way higher. All I was saying is that I understand why Panda is popular (the Kanye cosign also gave it a huge push, obviously), but it's not something I'd listen to willingly.. and at this point I'm already quite sick of hearing it.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:46 AM   #1755
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I think that Panda song sounds like Future's "Fetti", which I like better
Old 04.29.2016, 10:47 AM   #1756
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
You gotta remember that Jay Z was boning and pimping out dozens and dozens of gorgeous women before he met Beyonce, and that anything can become boring, even bentleys, mansions, and beyonce to someone who has access to near infinite variety.

That is why it is hard for people to be famous and truly monogamous. There is just too much dick and vagina swinging free out in the air constantly throwing itself at you....

Bey says he is not cheating now,a nd has not been for years now, and that they are all good now. shit's rough in famous marriages.

Oddly, I think the double team of instability that is Kanye and Kim have a more stable marriage than Jay and Beyoncé. Jay and Bey try to present an image of stoicism to the world, and Kanye and Kim... well... they do not. And yet, Kanye freely raps about being tempted by strange, and Kim says he's the most honest and caring person she's ever met.

I think Jay and Bey are -- or have been -- trying to pull of kind of a black WASP thing. But white WASP marriages are quietly unhappy, so why shouldn't black ones be the same?

Probably doesn't help that Jay is, honestly, a lot like Beyonce's dad in some ways. And not only because he is literally old enough to be her dad. I'm sure her self-talk gets very complicated at times.

Poor, rich beautiful bitch.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:49 AM   #1757
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
I think that Panda song sounds like Future's "Fetti", which I like better
Yeah obviously, Desiigner is just a 18 year old who bought the beat from a Youtube producer and rapped over it for fun. He said he's never even been to Atlanta so it's obvious he was just playing a character throughout the song and pretending to be Future. I'm sure he never expected it to be that big.
Old 04.29.2016, 10:56 AM   #1758
louder
invito al cielo

You know, a while ago Sev said that he really likes If You're Reading This but doesn't expect Drake to live up to it.. deep down I was having doubts (until recently), but he turned out to be goddamn right.
Old 04.29.2016, 11:05 AM   #1759
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oddly, I think the double team of instability that is Kanye and Kim have a more stable marriage than Jay and Beyoncé. Jay and Bey try to present an image of stoicism to the world, and Kanye and Kim... well... they do not. And yet, Kanye freely raps about being tempted by strange, and Kim says he's the most honest and caring person she's ever met.

I think Jay and Bey are -- or have been -- trying to pull of kind of a black WASP thing. But white WASP marriages are quietly unhappy, so why shouldn't black ones be the same?

Probably doesn't help that Jay is, honestly, a lot like Beyonce's dad in some ways. And not only because he is literally old enough to be her dad. I'm sure her self-talk gets very complicated at times.

Poor, rich beautiful bitch.

I have heard and read interviews here in H-town of people Beyonce and the girls from Destiny's Child grew up with who say that the REAL superstar of the Knowles family is mama Knowles, that she was always aLWAYS pushing Beyonce and deciding everything for her, that she was the naturally glamorous and charming one.

Beyonce left Houston and did not come back for years and years, and rarely comes back now. She made the move to NYC, lives with Jay Z. I think she traded one tyrant for another. People here in H-town see her as a bit of a betrayer. people always rep their hoods and their cities and fans here have a love-hate relationship with Bey....
Old 04.29.2016, 11:10 AM   #1760
louder
invito al cielo

And what's the deal with Drake sampling DMX and rapping the words "on some DMX shit", after DMX said he absolutely can't stand Drake and he'd beat him up on several occasions?
78858687 88 89909198138188 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth