Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth - Argentina 2011
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Pink Noise
empty page

Pink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's asses
some local radios and rollingstone arg confirmed sy as one of the bands to play in 2011's edition of Personal Fest.. waiting for the band to confirm this

Hope they don't play the same day as the strokes..

would love to see Lee doing a solo noise show in some smal venue too.. like he did in Chile some years ago

love
x
Pink Noise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2011, 06:07 PM   #2
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
It's been confirmed by Sonic Youth:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/main/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2011, 07:18 PM   #3
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
Just don't delete this. It's not a complain and it's not offensive neither, it's just a general consensus from SY argentinian fans.

A bit of talk about the prices. Argentina's local devaluated current -Peso- represents $0,25 US cents. This means all international products (including ticket prices) are four times more expensive.

VIP: $ 500
General: $ 220
Argentinian Minimal Wage: $ 1.840

Now that's not a problem, because people still pay to see the bands they love. The only problem is the location of the VIP area, since it's moved from the sides of the stage (where it used to be some years ago in most of the shows) to the front of the stage, a place that belongs and should belong eternally to the General.

This is what is going to happen. Some people including myself are going to buy VIP tickets, and the day of the show there's probably going to be a lot of free empty space within the VIP area (like it's happened in some shows) and people from General area are going to break into the VIP area. Like it has happened already in some shows.

Again, is not like the band should play cheaper shows in countries with devaluated current because this is obviously out of anyone's control, but there are other places the band could play in, without VIP frontal sections (because it's not like someone's against VIP, just against VIP front 'general' sections) Personal Fest is just the WRONG place to play.. it's just a big festival sponsored by two cellphone companies that know nothing about music. Broken Social Scene opening for The Strokes and stuff like that.

Sonic Youth playing again in Argentina is one of the most exciting things to happen. And it's going to be awesome. Fans are gonna pay their tickets and the show is going to be epic. Is there a way that they could play with no VIP front area (no problem if VIP area is on the sides, just not the front, god) and still be even more profitable? Yes.
[Sandbag] is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2011, 12:48 AM   #4
[Sandbag]
100%

[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses[Sandbag] kicks all y'all's asses
Facebook - 900 fans in just some hours, thinking about not buying VIP tickets
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201050633287194

People Against front-of-the-stage VIP
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?novip
Old 08.08.2011, 01:40 AM   #5
[Sandbag]
100%

What to do next? there are thousands of fans that are not going to buy VIP tickets. Since it's a bit difficult for the band to change the venue we're going to avoid people from getting VIP tickets. If the band were to spread this, it would help some fans to reconsider and make Front-VIP-section a lot smaller or whatever...

Apologies for this kind of flooding, but there are hundreds of Sonic Youth fans who right now are trying to convince people to buy General and we need help.
Old 08.08.2011, 04:41 AM   #6
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
reminds me a bit of the Lollapalooza shows i read about in the '95 tour journals but this sounds worse. shit's fucked up.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2011, 08:31 AM   #7
blanktapes
empty page

blanktapes has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Because this situation, i'm not going. Is sad, but is the only way for make a change.
blanktapes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2011, 01:04 AM   #8
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
You Argentinian guys have got Steve Shelley's sympathy on facemook. It probably doesn't seem too much of an achievement since nothing has changed so far, but that could indicate that the band already knows, besides speaking very well of Steve's good nature as a person. I sort of understand your grief given that a festival in my neck of the woods is into similar practices. I, however, am not graced with the chance of seeing Sonic Youth playing live this time; it's been quite a while since they stopped here and i know that if a show by them were at the realm of my possibilities to attend, i would be there no matter if i'd end up pretty far away from the stage. I'd say, be happy with what you have to be happy with, and if this means general area tickets, so be it. I'm really against the prospects of the use of violence to get to be in the so-called VIP area as some demography of Argentinian people are proposing on faceboob, everyone should stop to reflect on the consequences that could arise out of such dumb actions, which i would suppose would be in the lines of (at least) missing out on their chances of listening to a Sonic Youth show (even if their location in the crowd is not the most perfect) and possibly even getting their asses hurt, plus of course inflicting violence upon their peers (what if some are there exclusively with the firm intention of enjoying a live performance no matter what?).
Old 08.09.2011, 01:37 AM   #9
[Sandbag]
100%

nice to see ARG folks here.

unfortunately the VIP section is gonna be really empty..and there are 2 possibilities: organization decides to move the fences and get General Adm near the stage . the other possibility is that organization decides to do nothing..and there's going to be meters of empty VIP space, and the General Admision meters back, behind the empty VIP. If the latter happens, there's going to be chaos...it's happened in Rage Against The Machine shows in Chile and Pearl Jam. Problem is that Argentinian's security always seems to be a bit more though than Chileans security...We don't want anynone getting hurt.. but there's probably going to be chaos..

We're glad we have SY here after all this time...but lots of bands similar to SY (this is in local fanbase, etc) are playing other venues and it's still profitalble. anyway, the band decided to play Personal Fest, so we have to see what we do now.

I don't know.. I wish the band could talk with the organizators so that they move the fences according to the VIP tickets sold.. because in some festivals, if theres a 40 by 20 meters VIP space and only 5 people buy VIP tickets, the fences stay in the place and General Admision stays behind all that empty space. That's what it's going to generate disorder.. If the organizators agree to move the fences according to the VIP tickets sold then it's not such a big problem, because we the fans can still convince people to not buy VIP and get General closer to the Stage.

people are going to BREAK INTO the VIP if there's empty space...so if the band could talk with organizators to move fences according to VIP tix sold that'd be awesome... (even thought it shouldnt be a VIP front section at a Sonic Youth gig!! :*( ) We're desperate...and scared about what's going to happen... and it's going to be the best moment of the lives of thousands of SYArgentinian fans...it's a shame things like this it's ruining the moment for so many people...
Old 08.11.2011, 08:42 AM   #10
blanktapes
empty page

I love Sonic Youth, but if they come this way I prefer not to come.
Old 08.11.2011, 11:00 PM   #11
[Sandbag]
100%

http://www.topshow.com.ar/TopShow/We...205-11%205.JPG

LOL

We knew we could do something about it.. it's like a half-victory.. in name of all sonic youth fans everywhere... let's go for more
Old 08.14.2011, 05:20 PM   #12
blanktapes
empty page

yes!!!!! i'm going!!!!
Old 10.22.2011, 06:55 PM   #13
Damian
little trouble girl

Damian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's assesDamian kicks all y'all's asses
nevertheless the festival is happening and this is the Spot for the Festival:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZQUrIUfyiI

just lame!
Damian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2011, 06:25 AM   #14
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
The strokes, Beady eye and Sonic youth in one fest, sounds pretty awesome to me.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 02:13 PM   #15
donnie
little trouble girl

donnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's asses
there has been an unconscionable absence of speculation about tonight's set list. So,
Catholic Block
Brave Men Run
DV 69
donnie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 03:11 PM   #16
baby bulldog
bad moon rising

baby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's asses
If you get what we got at the Williamsburg waterfront you'd be doing well!
baby bulldog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 04:00 PM   #17
donnie
little trouble girl

donnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's assesdonnie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby bulldog
If you get what we got at the Williamsburg waterfront you'd be doing well!
well,yeah. I'm guessing it won't be quite that type of show, but who knows. Google maps tells me I am 6200 miles from Buenos Aires, so looks like I'm not going to make it. Maybe Jenn?
donnie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 04:38 PM   #18
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
You know, I thought about it--of course I did!--but the cost of travel and
the fact it's a festival gig...nah.

It would be nice of them to toss some of those old, yet still tasty bones to the crowd, though.
Old 11.05.2011, 05:55 PM   #19
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
is someone there to report the setlist? review?
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 06:06 PM   #20
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle
The strokes, Beady eye and Sonic youth in one fest, sounds pretty awesome to me.
Eh? I think The Soup Nazi nailed it perfectly when he talked about the lameness of a festival like this in some other thread. He was referring specifically to the date in Chile, i think, but it can be easily applied to the rest of these Southamerican dates, possibly with the sole exception of Uruguay where they apparently are gonna be playing at a theater. For a moment i thought about travelling to Uruguay to catch the show, but it would be too expensive for me. I'm hoping some documents of good quality will appear, but maybe that won't happen.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth