Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2019, 06:25 PM   #52401
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Getting ready for their gig on Tuesday

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2019, 04:38 AM   #52402
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

I'm in love
I hope a trans cutie punches you in the mouth someday
choc e-Claire is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2019, 08:10 PM   #52403
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR
What you dreamt about
Unless you dreamt about...
Them

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2019, 08:15 PM   #52404
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You were right when you said all that glitters isn't gold
You were right when you said all we are is dust in the wind
You were right when you said we're all just bricks in the wall
And when you said manic depression's a frustrated mess

You were right when you said you can't always get what you want
You were right when you said it's a hard rain's gonna fall
You were right when you said we're still running against the wind
Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone

You were right when you said this is the end

YOU WERE WRONG WHEN YOU SAID EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2019, 02:26 AM   #52405
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

Old 05.21.2019, 07:51 AM   #52406
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You were right when you said all that glitters isn't gold
You were right when you said all we are is dust in the wind
You were right when you said we're all just bricks in the wall
And when you said manic depression's a frustrated mess

You were right when you said you can't always get what you want
You were right when you said it's a hard rain's gonna fall
You were right when you said we're still running against the wind
Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone

You were right when you said this is the end

I was just listening to Perfect From Now On last night.
At least, I tried to.
Sone of those songs are so inexorably linked to my past that I can’t really “go there” anymore.
One song in particular. (Hint: Mothers)

“The Plan” from Keep it Like a Secret is a goddamn glorious opening track.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #52407
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Old Yesterday, 02:48 AM   #52408
Peterpuff
children of satan

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

How was it? He's back to a 4-piece now, right? Got tix for that album tour this summer. Pretty pumped. I always enjoy watching Doug play.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #52409
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
How was it? He's back to a 4-piece now, right? Got tix for that album tour this summer. Pretty pumped. I always enjoy watching Doug play.

Wait, do you think Keep it like a Secret is new?
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #52410
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

It was good. Doug's still a stonefaced professional. Yup, it was a 4-piece with two of the guys of the brazilian band Oruă filling in on the drums and the second guitar respectively. They were also their first support. I guess these days it's Doug plus whoever he's touring with right now. Not quite sure who was on the bass though. Really enjoyed myself. And Oruă were quite nice. It's a bit of a blend between Neo-Psychedelia and some shoegazy elements. Bought their current album.

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #52411
Antagon
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

I think he was asking how the concert was. They're touring the 20-year anniversary of KILAS right now.

Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #52412
Peterpuff
children of satan

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Ya, like Antagon said, they are touring this summer, playing that album in its entirety for its anniversary. I am quite excited for the show, to be honest, but it's still a few months away over here. That is what I meant by "album show," not as in "promoting their newest album."

And I am glad to hear it's at least a 4-piece again. I have seen them several times, but the last time was just a trio. The swirling and overlapping guitars and textures is what makes live BTS what it is, and as a trio it just did not quite cut it. I am not familiar with the band those players are from though. I might have to go check them out before the show.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #52413
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ya, like Antagon said, they are touring this summer, playing that album in its entirety for its anniversary. I am quite excited for the show, to be honest, but it's still a few months away over here. That is what I meant by "album show," not as in "promoting their newest album."

And I am glad to hear it's at least a 4-piece again. I have seen them several times, but the last time was just a trio. The swirling and overlapping guitars and textures is what makes live BTS what it is, and as a trio it just did not quite cut it. I am not familiar with the band those players are from though. I might have to go check them out before the show.

GAAAAATCHA....

Great album.

Perfect From Now On, though ...
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #52414
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Feeling angsty, so decided to listen to In Utero again. Listening to someone more angsty than me usually makes me feel better.
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #52415
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

2121252125712611261826192620 2621
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth