Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.09.2014, 06:58 PM   #181
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Can you imagine how rare it is for Lebron to enjoy ANYTHING by himself? Also glad to see he wasn't letting that #Lebroning shit get to him. Game 3 will be insane, but the weirdest or perhaps most historic aspect of these playoffs is that history/stats mean almost nothing! In their 3 Championships Heat have overcome almost every historical obstacle which if only once would be a statistical outlier but that they've done it consistently these past 4 years, indeed in the entire Dwyane Wade era is remarkable. Jordan never lost, Shaq destroyed teams for breakfast, Spurs are a remarkable season team similar to the NFL Patriots, and these Heat will be known as the most underdog Dynasty team ever! Against ALL odds they've overcome Game 7s, Series deficits on the road, significant playoff injuries to key players several times now, are a record 6-0 in Game 2s when losing Game 1s, won the Finals as the road team winning Games 2,3,4,5 (only the Pistons and Heat since 1985 have swept their middle home games as the road team, Heat have done it TWICE!)....

Twenty years from now when folks who didn't see it look at the stats and analyze the Heat they will see them as a remarkable underdog, which is very interesting considering they have the best player in the game on their team. If anything, I think it demonstrates just how more competitive the NBA is today. All kinds of folks are nostalgic for that "tough guy" basketball, but today's game is hyperathletic compared to the 80s/90s.. Its 100% 5-on-5 on every possession which is much more tiring. Its multiple pick and rolls on a single possession to wear out defenses and create openings. Its constant screening, driving, and cutting so nobody is ever standing around waiting for their turn. And instead of there being 4 or 5 really good teams like in the 1980s, or 7 or 8 really good teams like in the 1990s, there are about 15 good teams which means the season is much more competitive and challenging than it used to be..

Heat in 6 to seal their legacy.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2014, 07:05 PM   #182
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
LIKE A BOSS!

Lebron is the shit. When not only the entire state of Texas, but the whole fucking country is openly MOCKING him he is cool enough about it to go out in San Antonio of all places and see a movie, THE SATURDAY BEFORE GAME 2!!!!!!! This dude is confident and showing everybody he ain't even tripping. I love it.

Old 06.09.2014, 08:03 PM   #183
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
LIKE A BOSS!

Lebron is the shit. When not only the entire state of Texas, but the whole fucking country is openly MOCKING him he is cool enough about it to go out in San Antonio of all places and see a movie, THE SATURDAY BEFORE GAME 2!!!!!!! This dude is confident and showing everybody he ain't even tripping. I love it.

very good, but don't forget to get into that fútbol fantasy league

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2014, 08:10 PM   #184
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
very good, but don't forget to get into that fútbol fantasy league

You wish, fantasy leagues kill the raw sports experience.

Old 06.09.2014, 08:14 PM   #185
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You wish, fantasy leagues kill the raw sports experience.
dont puss out! test your knowledge.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2014, 01:13 PM   #186
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Testing your knowledge is for reading the stat sheets AFTER the game and/or match. Fantasy leagues are about making predictions, but getting too concrete about them. Making stat based predictions, and at least for me it ruins the joy of discovery that is tournament sports. Also, I don't like Fantasy sports because is takes away the team aspect of wins, and if the stats don't come through it can take away the win in your fantasy. Hence why its called fantasy. I prefer to just watch and enjoy. Speaking of which, HUGE fucking Game 3 tonight..

Old 06.10.2014, 01:24 PM   #187
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I was in San Antonio Sunday visiting relatives and the whole town was so depressed after that game! SA should have won easily.
Old 06.10.2014, 01:33 PM   #188
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I was in San Antonio Sunday visiting relatives and the whole town was so depressed after that game! SA should have won easily.

They should be depressed, they over celebrated their Game 1 like they already were given the trophy, just like in reality the team over celebrated them bringing out the Trophy in Game 6, meanwhile Heat too that as motivation to win. Lebron went out to the movies IN SAN ANTONIO the NIGHT before Game 2 MEANWHILE the ENTIRE city was making fun of him on twitter and tv.... Guy is confident to win, Spurs should take that to consideration. Also I'm curious, why should Spurs "have won easily"??

Old 06.10.2014, 01:59 PM   #189
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It looked to me to be a lack of focus in the 4th quarter that kept SA making stupid turnovers. The Heat looked like they were ready to fold, but were given new life. I guess they were not going to win easily, but they had that victory at hand. Someone needs to learn how to dish out hard fouls
Old 06.10.2014, 03:49 PM   #190
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Funny that you mentioned the turnovers......the Spurs only had eleven in game two (half as many from game one). However, I'm guessing half of the eleven were committed in the fourth quarter.

Tonight should be a great game......

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2014, 06:27 PM   #191
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
It looked to me to be a lack of focus in the 4th quarter that kept SA making stupid turnovers. The Heat looked like they were ready to fold, but were given new life. s

I see you don't watch a lot of Heat basketball so let me explain, the Heat FORCED those turnovers, so they weren't given any life, they took it from San Antonio directly. If you didn't notice, Lebron scored 8 points in 56 seconds NO FREE THROWS in the 2nd quarter, then went on a SOLO run against the Spurs shooting 6-6 in the 3rd all with "the look" on his face. Spurs were going to lose that game, period. Here is the bigger question, why should it have been easy for them?

They were down in every single quarter of Game 1 and indeed it was THEM who looked totally out of life in the 3rd and were gifted that Lebron injury which for some reason totally demoralized a Heat team that was playing lights out. Not even my bias or any beef with the Spurs, all respect to them, but Heat had more of a chance to be up 2-0 in this series than the Spurs really did. That being said, the one thing most about Heat or Spurs is how they can surprise you from game to game, so there is no telling the outcome of tonight.

Old 06.10.2014, 08:55 PM   #192
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
SA should have won easily.

I guess you were right

Old 06.11.2014, 08:25 AM   #193
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Like I said, S.A is the more complete team, and while Heat have LeBron, the best player of the 24 players competing, the overall team is far less talented than the Spurs. The Heat play a rotation of 6 people! You cannot win championship against a team that rotates 10-11 players who each contribute.

That was a straight up asswhuppin.

Leonard went off, 22 years old, making LeBron look old in the process. I know that this was still holdover issues for lebron from the dehydration of the earlier game and that he will come back hard next game.

BTW, I hate this 2-2-1-1-1- format for the Finals. It is fucking bullshit. I much prefer the 2-3-2 format, as it really benefits the team with no home field advantage when they do work hard and win one of the first two games away from home. I do not like how the format makes the teams fly 4-5 times for a 7 game series. bullshit.

Old 06.11.2014, 10:28 AM   #194
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

"We did it to ourselves," Chris Bosh said. "With all due respect to them, it's nothing that they did."

With all due respect, Mr. Bosh, they DID IT TO YOU.

"They came out at a different gear than what we were playing at," Erik Spoelstra said.

Coach, your job is to ensure your team comes out , at home, in TOP GEAR. Your fault.

"We were too casual," Ray Allen said.

Mr. Allen, that is a sign of an immature team, which is very strange since this team has been in NBA Finals 3 years in a row.

"They had us on our heels from the beginning," James said.

Mr. James, that is the sign of an un-prepared team.
Old 06.11.2014, 11:09 AM   #195
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Miami has turned the ball over on 19.9 percent of its possessions in this series
Old 06.11.2014, 03:15 PM   #196
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That was a straight up asswhuppin.

Yes it was!

The Heat did have their run and we all knew they would, but the Heat (42) only ended up scoring two points more than the Spurs (40) in the second half. By contrast, the Spurs 40 2nd Half points is one point shy of the 41 they scored in the 1st Quarter......the most productive quarter / half of any Finals Game in NBA history:

Last night was LeBron's 25th Finals Game......his 14 first quarter points is the most he has ever scored in the first quarter of a Finals game.

Each time Kawai Leonard sank another shot on his way to a carrier high of 29 points, I kept wondering why the Rockets skipped him to draft, Marcus Morris???

Last night was the Heats first playoff loss at home since the Spurs won Game One their last season. Between then and now, each time the Heat loss a playoff game, they won the next game = no back to back losses.

אש זרה

Old 06.11.2014, 03:22 PM   #197
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The Spurs have God's wives (yes, he is a polygamist) on their side!
Old 06.11.2014, 03:28 PM   #198
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Don't forget the Devil's wife:

אש זרה

Old 06.12.2014, 09:57 PM   #199
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

That Leonard dunk was a mighty put-back!
Old 06.12.2014, 10:14 PM   #200
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
That Leonard dunk was a mighty put-back!

If Kawhi would have thrown that down......OH MY GOODNESS!

Looks like 10 of the last 11 wins for the Spurs are going to be by 15 or more, right?

אש זרה

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth