Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.01.2018, 11:57 AM   #5141
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
here in the u.s ive lived in different places and find that those ethnic struggles do exist in various degrees in various communities, as well as in the media.

but i agree with you that liberals can be overbearingly preachy, self-righteous, and close-minded. i tend to fall into those patterns at times because often they have offered ready explanations for apparent absurdities i can’t figure out. readymade answers. but i’m always for reason and rationality in the end.

for example, when i was trying to figure out if i should buy a home defense weapon, and discussed it with people, my liberal acquaintances chastised me as a repugnant heretic and an idiot, whereas the conservative ones actually discussed pros and cons and offered useful suggestions.

guess what i ended up doing...

so here we have for example ildouche’s debating style, which i find highly repugnant and know to be a turnoff. agree or get ignored, chastise rather than argue, etc. liberals eat their own.

on the other side, however, is loco tesla!

and so i must choose sides

in spite of many issues i find problematic among liberals, ultimately i must go with whoever is closer to my political ideals. especially in a big tent party system.

so i will vote with ildouche 9 times out of 10.

it’s just what it is.

so i think you still belong on the left. you might be disgruntled, looking for answers, feeling betrayed , fighting for a niche... but ultimately probably just are having a family argument rather than being truly homeless.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2018, 12:37 PM   #5142
Robert Schunk
100%

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
I sure hate to butt into the interesting and enjoyable conversation between !@#$%! and demonrail666, but much of what al Gharbi says is pretty much the same thing that I've been saying all along! In fact, based on the way !@#$ %! reacted to some of my posts, he should be calling al Gharbi a KKK Nazi lynch-mob leader for daring to suggest that poor whites aren't all morally reprehensible.

And forget any notion that the liberals will reform their approach based on anything anyone says, as theirs is a top-down movement whose attitude towards poor whites is clearly shown by a sign I saw a college kid carrying on Boston Common last year during the 40,000-strong march against free speech for the ideological heterodox: "Loss of privilege is not oppression!".
Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2018, 12:45 PM   #5143
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I sure hate to butt into the interesting and enjoyable conversation between !@#$%! and demonrail666, but much of what al Gharbi says is pretty much the same as what I've been saying all along!
no, sorry, not quite

you illustrate what he’s saying, but you’re not saying the same thing

you have spoken of white working class pain, but from an already racialized anti immigrant perspective

i still remember also when the paris terror attacks happened you had the poor sense to post a link to a medieval crusader chant about killing muslims

i mean, you’re not exactly the model spokesperson for supraethnic rationality

but you do illustrate one of the polarities that al gharbi describes, yes, i will concede that, and the response to you has come from the opposite polarity, yes
Old 11.01.2018, 01:10 PM   #5144
Robert Schunk
100%

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no, sorry, not quite

you illustrate what he’s saying, but you’re not saying the same thing

you have spoken of white working class pain, but from an already racialized anti immigrant perspective

i still remember also when the paris terror attacks happened you had the poor sense to post a link to a medieval crusader chant about killing muslims

i mean, you’re not exactly the model spokesperson for supraethnic rationality

but you do illustrate one of the polarities that al gharbi describes, yes, i will concede that, and the response to you has come from the opposite polarity, yes

I've already pointed out the fact that my opinion on immigration is the traditional labor perspective on that issue, thus also indicating the alien class origin of the liberals' position on that issue. I've also explained that the reason for my having posted that song (which I dedicated to the French Air Force), was due to the fact that they were attacking ISIS, which the US was still refusing to attack in any serious way at that time (which, you may recall, was while Obama was still in office).
Old 11.01.2018, 01:35 PM   #5145
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I've already pointed out the fact that my opinion on immigration is the traditional labor perspective on that issue, thus also indicating the alien class origin of the liberals' position on that issue. I've also explained that the reason for my having posted that song (which I dedicated to the French Air Force), was due to the fact that they were attacking ISIS, which the US was still refusing to attack in any serious way at that time (which, you may recall, was while Obama was still in office).
yeah the guy is not asking for the “traditional” anything, but a new thing, and in fact acknowledges that racism is this country’s tradition. so you have not been saying what he’s saying. at all.

(and i should add, labor has been traditionally racist).

what he is saying is that minorities have more to gain from an alliance with poor whites than by pursuing a purely antiracist policy where they are left fighting for scraps against poor whites

again, not what you have been saying.

you keep discounting racism altogether, or pretending it doesn’t exist, or that it doesn’t matter. this is not what he says, at all.

and asking for the use of force by appealing to the spirit of the crusades is... well... where should i begin...

...just so fucking medieval
Old 11.01.2018, 02:19 PM   #5146
Robert Schunk
100%

Quote:
yeah the guy is not asking for the “traditional” anything, but a new thing, and in fact acknowledges that racism is this country’s tradition. so you have not been saying what he’s saying. at all.

(and i should add, labor has been traditionally racist).

what he is saying is that minorities have more to gain from an alliance with poor whites than by pursuing a purely antiracist policy where they are left fighting for scraps against poor whites

again, not what you have been saying.

you keep discounting racism altogether, or pretending it doesn’t exist, or that it doesn’t matter. this is not what he says, at all.

and asking for the use of force by appealing to the spirit of the crusades is... well... where should i begin...

...just so fucking medieval

One of my posts explaining my position on immigration included a quote on the subject by African-American labor leader A. Phillip Randolf, who pointedly called for the exclusion of "Negroes from the West Indies" among many other groups, apparently in reaction to having his strong anti-immigrant position being labeled as anti-white. And I've NEVER denied the centrality of the struggle for racial equality in the course of American history. I've simply said that labeling opposition to illegal immigration as inherently racist constitutes the racializing of an essentially class issue.
Old 11.01.2018, 03:31 PM   #5147
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

o
Quote:
One of my posts explaining my position on immigration included a quote on the subject by African-American labor leader A. Phillip Randolf, who pointedly called for the exclusion of "Negroes from the West Indies" among many other groups, apparently in reaction to having his strong anti-immigrant position being labeled as anti-white. And I've NEVER denied the centrality of the struggle for racial equality in the course of American history. I've simply said that labeling opposition to illegal immigration as inherently racist constitutes the racializing of an essentially class issue.
lol “negroes”

i have to get on the road soon so i can’t reply to this old-timey west indies business, but let me repeat: you are not saying what musa al gharbi is saying

stop giving yourself credit for intellectual achievements that are not yours, ideas you haven’t articulated, credentials you don’t have, etc.

okay.

adios.
Old 11.01.2018, 05:50 PM   #5148
Robert Schunk
100%

Quote:
o
lol “negroes”

i have to get on the road soon so i can’t reply to this old-timey west indies business, but let me repeat: you are not saying what musa al gharbi is saying

stop giving yourself credit for intellectual achievements that are not yours, ideas you haven’t articulated, credentials you don’t have, etc.

okay.

adios.

OK, so which credentials have I falsely claimed?
Old 11.01.2018, 06:22 PM   #5149
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've already pointed out the fact that my opinion on immigration is the traditional labor perspective on that issue, thus also indicating the alien class origin of the liberals' position on that issue.

It's two Lefts. Where I disagree with Symbols is that I see no way of reconciling them. If anything, they're almost diametrically opposed.

Unless someone can find a way of connecting this lot:

with this lot:

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2018, 07:01 PM   #5150
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
labor has been traditionally racist.

Labour has been traditionally suspicious of anything that threatens its livelihood, be it foreigners or technology.
Old 11.02.2018, 12:18 AM   #5151
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's two Lefts. Where I disagree with Symbols is that I see no way of reconciling them. If anything, they're almost diametrically opposed.

Unless someone can find a way of connecting this lot:

with this lot:

a bit too manipulative and i don’t know who those are (“snowflakes” sez the pic name)

let’s take it step by step

can you connect these two?

or no?
Old 11.02.2018, 05:53 AM   #5152
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Labour has been traditionally suspicious of anything that threatens its livelihood, be it foreigners or technology.

thoughts?
Old 11.02.2018, 05:54 AM   #5153
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

beatnik = snowflake?

not sure it translates...
Old 11.02.2018, 06:31 AM   #5154
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I wasn't being altogether serious. Yes, when you replace the picture, of course they can be connected, or at least seriously compared. They both fought for their rights, although the Labour movement had no genuine interest in egalitarianism (and therefore had the capacity to switch between communism and fascism) whereas the civil rights movement, reflected in the picture of black protesters, was fundamentally tied to classical liberalism (taking the fascist, and arguably even communist, options off the table altogether). Meanwhile the snowflakes in the picture I posted don't seem to know what they really believe. Hence why they're invariably so crap at debating.

Although as a vehicle for memes, they're the .gif that never stops giving

Old 11.02.2018, 06:34 AM   #5155
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i 1000x prefer to laugh at the crying neonazi

you’re picking your targets wrong
Old 11.02.2018, 07:02 AM   #5156
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

thoughts?

In theory at least, they could've been a part of the labour movement, like the Dockers unions in the 60s that supported Enoch Powell.

The people protesting about black people on religious grounds are their own thing altogether - and I imagine in reality the people in the 'Fire Nigger Workers' photo probably had more in common with them than the ones in the Dockers photo.

I'd never thought of it before but I'm sure some Beatniks would now be considered snowflakes. Although I'd probably put the more interesting examples like Bukowski or Burroughs in the Libertarian camp. (Although were they really even Beatniks to begin with?)

That crying neo-nazi was snowflake as fuck
Old 11.02.2018, 08:58 AM   #5157
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I Meanwhile the snowflakes in the picture I posted don't seem to know what they really believe. Hence why they're invariably so crap at debating.
[]
i dont know what they believe, i’d have to ask them

but why don’t you take them by the hand and help them find out what they believe in anyway?

yes i get that polemics and rigor have been de-emphasized in academia in favor of “everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinions,” but in the real world the skill is still required.

you’d be doing them a huge favor...

the other thing is that i can’t support or fight people based on their machismo or apparent toughness. i mean, with the nazi, any reason to make fun of him is a plus, but i’m not going to kick my allies in the head because they’re pudgy or gender ambiguous and don’t look like cage fighters or amazons or whatever. yes, i’m sorry that some of them can’t find their ass with both hands, but they are much closer to me than their opponents.

take the ows kids from a few years ago—i knew from the start they were doomed to fail. they were just kids! they wanted 1000 contradictory things. but now some are growing up to do some interesting things. so i’ll take the snowflakes and their confusion over the simplemidedness of young republicans or the hitler youth or whatever alternatives are out there.
Old 11.02.2018, 09:26 AM   #5158
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
In other news

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2018, 09:30 AM   #5159
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
“The stench of this will never come off the Republicans.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYVtKRO8a9s
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2018, 10:25 AM   #5160
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
With just FOUR DAYS until the Midterms, lets look at the week that was:

Nancy Pelosi Doubles Down With Blue Wave Prediction

Hillary Clinton: “they all look alike”......notice how you see Oprah and not Hillary stumping for candidates.

In The Poker Game Of Life, You Must Have A Strong Poker Face

Four Most Dangerous Americans Not On Death Row

The New York Times Just Made A STUNNING Admission About Why Leftists Often Refuse To Call Out Anti-Semitism

15,000 Troops On The Boarder

Wages Rise at Fastest Rate in Nearly a Decade as Hiring Jumps

Jobs smash estimates with gain of 250,000, wage gains pass 3% for first time since recession

—SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST—

Judicial Watch Files House Ethics Complaint Against Maxine Waters For Inciting Violence and Assaults on Trump Cabinet

......it’s going to be a great weekend!!!

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
208248255256257 258 259260261268308 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth