Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Last Gig You Went To And What Was It Like Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2019, 01:23 PM   #321
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Crawl, 2 string " bass" big drum kit, electronics, lights, fog machine and unusual stage art presence. LOUD. enjoyed it!

https://www.facebook.com/CrawlBlindl...9407618130020/
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2019, 08:00 PM   #322
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Courtney Barnett. That wasn't a concert, that was a nuclear reactor blowing away the venue, the city, the continent. It was like watching Nirvana at their absolute prime, but with a frontperson intoxicated on words instead of lethal drugs. (Well, CB's words are fucking lethal, though). And she blew a kiss at me for giving her flowers (right after "Avant Gardener", of course!).

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2019, 11:27 PM   #323
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

SonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's asses
Cool. Wife got us tickets to see her next month. Haven't followed her much but definitely looking forward to it. Also, going to see Bill Callahan in July. Will report back from both shows on this thread.
SonicSleuth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2019, 07:16 PM   #324
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSleuth
Cool. Wife got us tickets to see her next month. Haven't followed her much but definitely looking forward to it.

Before the show I spoke a bit with this guy who was waiting in line (shouldn't have; people ruin everything ) and he told me she and Jen Cloher had broken up, which I didn't know and it's none of my goddamn beeswax... and yet I cried my eyes out during "Need A Little Time". TMI, I know.

Quote:
Also, going to see Bill Callahan in July.

You lucky bastard. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see him eventually. Have you watched Apocalypse: A Bill Callahan Tour Film?

GADJI BERI BIMBA CLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDE E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.25.2019, 10:39 PM   #325
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

SonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's assesSonicSleuth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Have you watched Apocalypse: A Bill Callahan Tour Film?

I was able to pick up the Record Store Day Black Friday 2016 LP with DVD, but I've never watched it. I will probably, as is my habit, leading up to the show, go back into the entire catalog of Smog, (Smog), and B. Callahan in anticipation. Have you received the Tweedy Warmer release yet?
Old 05.30.2019, 01:37 AM   #326
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
I was able to pick up the Record Store Day Black Friday 2016 LP with DVD, but I've never watched it.

Oh, dude, what are you doing with your life. It's absolutely beautiful and not just a collection of performances (which, considering it's Bill Callahan we're talking, would have been fabulous enough anyway).

Quote:
Have you received the Tweedy Warmer release yet?

Not yet; the package is still reaching critical mass (long story). But your question reminds me of something I've been meaning to post here and haven't because my life is a fucking wreck. Though my body gets tired / My mind does it no favors at all / And there's so little time / To do something / Something, anything more... Where were we? Oh, right - this is part of an e-mail I received from Wilco HQ on May 12:

Quote:
WARMER will be available worldwide on CD and streaming services on July 12. And yes, it will see another vinyl release. Stay tuned for more information on that.

GREAT. I just checked again and WARMER was in the "RSD Exclusive" category, not "RSD First", as it should have been listed. So now it turns out I didn't need to spend a degenerate amount of dough that didn't even go to Jeff! Well, at least this means it will show up on Bandcamp in high resolution, I guess...

Old 05.30.2019, 07:11 AM   #327
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Saw Xiu Xiu the other night. Pretty great performance, 2 new band members. Stewart is a better guitarist than I remember
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2019, 08:34 AM   #328
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Courtney Barnett. That wasn't a concert, that was a nuclear reactor blowing away the venue, the city, the continent.

I am really hoping to catch one of her shows. I imagine they are really great.

Saw the Toadies last night, for like the 12th time or so. While not the most mind-blowing shit out there, they are always just a really, really solid rock 'n' roll show. I have always enjoyed seeing them. And I don't care how old they or their audience get, Quitter will always be a face-melter, and I Burn will always mezmerize me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgK_PBkoltk
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2019, 12:37 PM   #329
Bertrand
the end of the ugly

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Calvin Johnson.
Playing solo, in the French-American Institute courtyard in Rennes.
Sure doesn't need a mike. That was cool, there were not that many people, it was 3 pm, it didn't feel like a concert and there were crÍpes (local pancakes).

Courtney Barnett.
It really kicked off midway through the set - she could have been exhausted. Things got good once they played a new song. The bass player had great moments too and, Courtney seems to enjoy playing the guitar more and more. She didn't start as a band leader, I know.

That was in La Rochelle.

Aldous Harding the next day.
I've hardly seen anyone with such presence and so many great voices. Short set, but worth it.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2019, 10:21 PM   #330
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Have you watched Apocalypse: A Bill Callahan Tour Film?
Quote:
I was able to pick up the Record Store Day Black Friday 2016 LP with DVD, but I've never watched it. I will probably, as is my habit, leading up to the show, go back into the entire catalog of Smog, (Smog), and B. Callahan in anticipation.
Quote:
Oh, dude, what are you doing with your life. It's absolutely beautiful and not just a collection of performances (which, considering it's Bill Callahan we're talking, would have been fabulous enough anyway).

Just to prove I don't know anything:

1.- Today I got the Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest files from Bandcamp and the credits (a full-artwork/lyrics/etc. pdf is included) read, "hanly banks callahan: backing vocals on lonesome valley". Guy married the director of the Bill Callahan Tour Film I've been babbling about and I had zero idea. Here's a cool interview with Hanly from 2013:

In Search Of Bill Callahan: Hanly Banks tells us how she made a film about one of musicís shyest stars

2.- Also below my radar: his own Live At Third Man Records vinyl came out seven months ago and I JUST found out. Why don't you people tell me anything? God-damn!

Old 06.14.2019, 11:53 PM   #331
SonicSleuth
little trouble girl

Quote:
Just to prove I don't know anything:

1.- Today I got the Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest files from Bandcamp and the credits (a full-artwork/lyrics/etc. pdf is included) read, "hanly banks callahan: backing vocals on lonesome valley". Guy married the director of the Bill Callahan Tour Film I've been babbling about and I had zero idea. Here's a cool interview with Hanly from 2013:

In Search Of Bill Callahan: Hanly Banks tells us how she made a film about one of music’s shyest stars

2.- Also below my radar: his own Live At Third Man Records vinyl came out seven months ago and I JUST found out. Why don't you people tell me anything? God-damn!

Funny, just within the last hour, I've also learned from reading a review of the album that he is married to the director of his tour film, which, and please don't be too disparaging in reply, I still haven't watched since you last mentioned it. Like a vintage wine, I suppose, I'm saving it for an occasion, perhaps the eve of his performance on July 13. Life is ridiculous right now, and I can't find a suitable moment to soak it in. I have been able to stream the new album, however, and I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. I got the Third Man live album, having heard about it from Pitchfork or some such site. Thanks for the interview link, good read. I agree with her: one need not film a person eating Indian Food for dinner.

Saw Courtney Barnett this past Tuesday, as an opening band, but as the band that I had really paid to see. She, they, were awesome.
141516 17
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth