Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page what do they mean to you?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2007, 03:08 PM   #21
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I was 13 or so when I discovered Sonic Youth... A battered copy of Goo appeared in my brother's bag when he unpacked after a trip to Spain, and I never looked back.
I think partly why I love them so much (beyond the fact that they are fucking awesome musically) is that at the time I discovered them I was pretty insecure, I didn't really know who I was and I was total confused about what was 'cool' and how people perceived me (I was a 13 ye old girl!). Then I listened to this music and no one I knew had really heard it or cared about it, and I couldn't pin point it anywhere, so listening to it didn't make me preppy, or a skater or a goth or any of those stupid labels that teenagers have. I loved the fact that Sonic Youth were actually a band that did what they wanted and didn't give a fuck, not just a band who said they did what they wanted... and I guess that kind of made me realise that being cool is just being yourself and happy with who you are.

And then everyone started to love me only kidding, I guess what I just said was corny and trite but I simply mean that SY taught me how to be myself a lot longer before I would've figured it out for myself.
Old 03.01.2007, 03:23 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
I listened to this music and no one I knew had really heard it or cared about it, and I couldn't pin point it anywhere, so listening to it didn't make me preppy, or a skater or a goth or any of those stupid labels that teenagers have. I loved the fact that Sonic Youth were actually a band that did what they wanted and didn't give a fuck, not just a band who said they did what they wanted... .

I second that!

I felt the same way back in 1987!@
Old 03.01.2007, 04:17 PM   #23
jagger
empty page

jagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud ofjagger has much to be proud of
Do whatever you want.
jagger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2007, 06:17 PM   #24
kat~topia
little trouble girl

kat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asseskat~topia kicks all y'all's asses
wow~to me sonic youth always reminds me of driving around with my old best friend (who i am no longer friends with...) blaring them & singing along...without any other care in the world...so i guess that means that sonic youth means a lot to me, besides just being one of my favorite bands...
it feels like an angel dreaming of you...
kat~topia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth