Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2017, 09:44 AM   #2181
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Oh. You think I'm a moron. Good to know.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 10:17 AM   #2182
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
they're approving nominees without democrats present

eta: followup to that headline: https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...e7c_story.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 10:59 AM   #2183
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
they're approving nominees without democrats present

eta: followup to that headline: https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...e7c_story.html

Why not put opposition on record? I don't understand the "strategy" here.

Also, to add some sour sauce to your morning's fuck soup, the nation appears to be pretty split over the immigration ban, with a thin majority of Americans actually supporting the order, per Newsweek.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 01:09 PM   #2184
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Why not put opposition on record? I don't understand the "strategy" here.

Also, to add some sour sauce to your morning's fuck soup, the nation appears to be pretty split over the immigration ban, with a thin majority of Americans actually supporting the order, per Newsweek.

if i'm gonna think about it strategically it's a shot across the bow threatening to have the senate rules changed and filibusters eliminated and republicans ruling alone

and the newsweek thing is not this morning's news but 2 days old isn't it? or at least yesterday's news, def. not today's.

and yes, it's easy to not care about "furrners" and "terrists" because terrist terrist terrist terrist nucular terrist terrist 9-11 terrist EXISTENTIAL THREAT

but this is just fucking propaganda and of course the stupids eat it. pure stagecraft to rile up the xenophobes

fucking xenophobes! just to let them feel that they got something from the election

first they came for the mexicans... etc etc etc
Old 02.01.2017, 02:54 PM   #2185
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
It wouldn't surprise me if the US was a one party state by the next election
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 03:04 PM   #2186
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
No. Everyone always needs someone to blame.

Anyone else make it a point to watch Spicer's daily press briefings? Good theater, I have to admit.
Old 02.01.2017, 03:26 PM   #2187
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
No. Everyone always needs someone to blame.

Anyone else make it a point to watch Spicer's daily press briefings? Good theater, I have to admit.
shit, that would be too rich for my blood

but i peek at the official propaganda organ of the trumpet administration, breitbart.com

the other day they had an article on... evolution! i could hardly believe it. yes. the oldest identifiable ancestor to humans (some 1-hole fucking microbe-- shat where it ate, much as we do today as a species).

anyway yeah i propose that we each specialize on 1 despicable person/situation/institution and report back here. it's too much poison for a single organism to digest.

looking forward to hearing your report on that fucking spicer & dicer assclown.

who's covering conway? (i mean, besides the cloud of sophistry she spews constantly. which is a what.)
Old 02.01.2017, 04:12 PM   #2188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

eta: as i was saying...

As his nominee for the Supreme Court embarked Wednesday on his first round of meetings on Capitol Hill, President Trump ramped up pressure on Republican leaders to use all tools at their disposal to confirm him — including tearing up the rules of the Senate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...05d_story.html

the hand is in, now the fist clenches

oh yeah, we're getting shafted. SHAFTED.
Old 02.01.2017, 04:48 PM   #2189
evollove
invito al cielo

Spicer spins. That's about all you need to know.

It's streamed everyday at 1:30 or so on youtube.

Spicer comes out and says things like, "Tomorrow morning, the President will attend the National Prayer Breakfast. Afterwards, he'll sign an executive order to roll back the previous administration's disastrous policy of [fill in the blank], which has cost so many Americans their basic freedoms. Later, he'll be announcing his pick for [fill in the blank]. Again, we'd like to see the Democrats treat our highly qualified nominee with as much respect as the Republicans treated Obama's nominees, but that's becoming increasingly unlikely. And tonight, he'll be having dinner with Denis Rodman, which should be fun."

Then he takes questions. Today, they Skyped in a few questions, which I guess is a first. One guy was a radio talk show host who asked what Trump will do for the coal-miners, after Obama betrayed them.

But nearly everyone else is at least a bit qualified. Spicer picks someone, they ask a question--only one--he deflects. Sometimes a reporter will interrupt his bullshit. He gets mad. Calls on someone else.

After about five minutes, he says, "That's it for today" and walks off. Reporters usually shout after him, for some reason. He ignores them.

Today was special because some dude from National Security, I think, took a minute to explain Iran sucks and Trump has put them "on notice."

Later, a reporter asked Spicer what the fuck that meant.

Spicer said the man made it clear. Iran sucks and Trump has put them on notice. Then he called on someone else.
Old 02.01.2017, 06:35 PM   #2190
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Saw this reported on Amanpour a couple of days ago:

Quote:
Remembering Refugees Turned Away From The U.S. In 1939

On the same day President Trump signed his new immigration ban, a Twitter account launched to shine the spotlight on what happened to a group of refugees that were turned away from the U.S. in 1939.

About 900 Jewish people had attempted to escape Nazi Germany on the MS St. Louis. But the ship was turned away by the U.S. because of immigration restrictions. Later, more than 250 of those passengers were killed during World War II and the Holocaust.

https://twitter.com/Stl_Manifest

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 07:42 AM   #2191
evollove
invito al cielo

Yeah, I saw that the other day. It offended me then too.

You know what's like the Holocaust? Nothing.
Old 02.02.2017, 09:22 AM   #2192
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if i'm gonna think about it strategically it's a shot across the bow threatening to have the senate rules changed and filibusters eliminated and republicans ruling alone

and the newsweek thing is not this morning's news but 2 days old isn't it? or at least yesterday's news, def. not today's.

I was just referring to what's become a daily dose of fuck soup for me, and I assume for you too. The act of waking up, scrolling through news feeds and dying by little increments. I wasn't exactly saying that the Newsweek thing dropped yesterday. But I did learn about it yesterday in the morning. Shrug.

It's all just fuck soup.
Old 02.02.2017, 09:56 AM   #2193
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
When you study a bit of history, the holocaust was really not all the exceptional
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 10:06 AM   #2194
evollove
invito al cielo

That's a pretty obnoxious statement on several levels. Just keep posting funny cartoons. I enjoy them.
Old 02.02.2017, 10:10 AM   #2195
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that the other day. It offended me then too.

You know what's like the Holocaust? Nothing.

i know what you mean. send those refugees home today!

lol no. well it's not a competition. that image was used to illustrate something.

the native american extermination, the african slave trade, armenia, ukraine, rwanda, darfur... should we give medals by ranking, and make them stand on a podium? some people try to do that actually...

i know nobody is as ruthlessly efficient as the germans (lol), but damn... history doesn't begin nor end with their actions. (i know i know... the holocaust doesn't "belong" to the germans now-- just trying to make a point)

the shoah has got the most researched historical documentation and the most institutions (and a whole nation) dedicated to its remembrance, so it's understandable that its imagery is understood very quickly as a result.

because of that, it will be used to bring a light to similar situations that require public awareness and prevention of similar scenarios.

no?

i mean, you could say "remember the armenian genocide!" and people will be "huh? armadillos?"

or you can talk till your'e blue in the face about darfur and it will barely register.

but post a picture of anne frank and every dumb schoolchild gets it.

it's totally fair use in this case. a massacre is a massacre is a massacre is a massacre is a massacre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I was just referring to what's become a daily dose of fuck soup for me, and I assume for you too. The act of waking up, scrolling through news feeds and dying by little increments. I wasn't exactly saying that the Newsweek thing dropped yesterday. But I did learn about it yesterday in the morning. Shrug.

It's all just fuck soup.

yes. every day. and on that note, i'm gonna go dunk my head into breitbart's shit bucket right now. gotta get vaccinated. strengthen my filthiness. once i stink as thick as a pilgrim on massachusetts bay i'll be immune to all plagues.
Old 02.02.2017, 11:28 AM   #2196
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Read this one all the way to the bottom regarding Trumo's order, which is NOT unconstitutional as it sinl;es out countries without reference to religion)

Yeah, well, that's where things get a bit muddy though, innit? If this is Trump following through on campaign promises (which is exactly what he says he's doing), then it is unconstitutional, as it is Trump carrying out his plan to impose a "complete and total shutdown on Muslims entering the U.S."

So ... there's that.

Also, the inclusion of Syria in the ban is a direct violation of the Geneva Convention.

In other words, in response to what you're saying, I'm saying ... ehhh, not so much.
Old 02.02.2017, 12:13 PM   #2197
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That's a pretty obnoxious statement on several levels. Just keep posting funny cartoons. I enjoy them.

just stating the obvious.
Old 02.02.2017, 01:51 PM   #2198
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

earlier today on breitbart: berkeley berkeley berkeley berkeley berkeley

now on the wapo: trump prays for arnold at national prayer breakfast, trump hangs up on australian pm, trump threatens to cut federal funds for berkeley
Old 02.02.2017, 02:36 PM   #2199
ilduclo
invito al cielo

Exclusive: Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam

no terrorism here.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15G5VO

Old 02.02.2017, 04:23 PM   #2200
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ so basically the white supremacists are free to terrorize as they wish from now on?

elections have consequences, that's for sure

--

well, the black panthers aren't muslim as far as i know, so... i guess things can go both ways
60100107108109 110 111112113120160210 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth