Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page pay as you throw
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2007, 06:38 AM   #1
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the government (british government that is) are thinking of installing a pay as you throw tarriff on households where they charge you for the amount of rubbish that you throw away. this is in relation to the amount that they could recycle but choose to put in the regular bin. anyone any thoughts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5290060.stm

robots are also asked to join the debate as e-waste now makes up quite a high proportion of rubbish filling the world.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 06:47 AM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
well if it encourages recycling then all well and good but it would really disadvantage people with young kids. a week of nappies would weigh a lot. ive looked into this as there are certain companies here that do the pay as you throw system. although we have to recycle, we have 2 refuse bins (some have 3- a composting one) for waste and recycling.
Old 10.31.2007, 06:55 AM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i know that in berlin and other parts of germany you do get chrged for not recycling the things that you are supposed to. i think in many ways its a good thing but yes, it will be hard for some people especially those with young kids but then again they have to learn sometime.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 06:59 AM   #4
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha! yeah! true! as long as they dont charge for recycling waste! you can be prosecuted in ireland if you throw waste into recycling bins and vice versa. i know a 70 yr old woman that threw an envelope with her name and address into the waste bin and the corporaton fined her €500 for the inconvienience. thats bullshit! the woman went to the local press and got a public apology off "the man" fo her embarrasment.....
Old 10.31.2007, 07:05 AM   #5
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
1) I thought that this was going to be about people being fined for vomiting in the streets.

2) I think it's a great idea, but at the moment go out into the countryside to dump mattresses, pushchairs, etc, etc. Those same people will avoid their non-recycling charges by chucking their rubbish in other peoples' bins, it's obvious.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 07:25 AM   #6
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Those same people will avoid their non-recycling charges by chucking their rubbish in other peoples' bins, it's obvious.

This has been happening in my household recently. We got a letter telling us that the residents where I live might me liable to be charged £50.000 because some people are dumping the wrong rubbish through our gates on the wrong days.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 07:37 AM   #7
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
When I lived in flats the bins were forever getting filled up with the rubbish of people who weren't resident in the flats. Often it would be stuff that the bin men wouldn't collect, so our bins would go unemptied.

People were also too stupid / ignorant / lazy to understand that only recycleable stuff should go in the bins marked "for recycling only" and would just chuck everything in them.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 07:43 AM   #8
sarramkrop

In London, it depends on which borough you live in. My friend lives in Westminster and they are particularly strict about recycling, but the same is not for the majority of East London, where sometimes rubbish is dumped on the street in a very unsafe manner. One of the worst places that I have seen for that is Stamford Hill. Rats and mice are happy residents in that area.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 07:56 AM   #9
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
.....People were also too stupid / ignorant / lazy to understand that only recycleable stuff should go in the bins marked "for recycling only" and would just chuck everything in them.............

ignorant. thats the only excuse!
Old 10.31.2007, 08:49 AM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
robots are also asked to join the debate as e-waste now makes up quite a high proportion of rubbish filling the world.

most of my robot brothers agree that it would be better to simply bury the humans under piles of their own refuse.

the junk piles left behind could easily be made into new robots once the meatbags decompose.

here in 0kl4h0m4, the apemen don't make it easy for those that actually DO want to recycle. they are given one small blue box to stuff all plastics and paper into (this usually sits next to the two giant-sized containers for things that get tossed into a pit in some indian's backyard).

assuming that the recylced material isn't, say, a giant robot, the wind here makes it such that anything that is put into the little blue box will blow down the street before it's even picked up (adding to the beauty of the landscape).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
recycle so we can pollute more
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 03:32 PM   #12
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
One thing that will inevitably arise from all this is flytipping so theyll have to police that even more if they dont want shit lying all over the place. Still, i think most people are sick of having extravagent packaging with a pack of tomatoes or peppers, i think fruit and veg markets should be encouraged in that respect, 1. because theyre cheaper and good quality anyway and 2. they have no packaging besides a bag.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth