Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Record Store Day - 21 April 2012
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2012, 08:06 PM   #21
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I'm excited about the "Eight Trails, One Path" LP due to be released on Three Lobed Recordings as a Record Store Day exclusive item for North America. Hope to catch one.

This is actually a really beautiful record. Three cheers for Three Lobed! Lee's track is an acoustic instrumental demo of a Times/Tides song (can't remember which right now), played on a Martin parlor guitar from the 1920's. Too cool. The rest is great too.

Grateful Dead: Dark Star: Europe '72 Olympia Theatre - Paris, France 5/4/72 is awesome.

Not a lot else was good. Looked forward to the 45 by the Mynah Birds, an early unreleased Neil Young/Rick James(!?) garage band, kinda a letdown.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2012, 11:24 PM   #22
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
It was packed today. I got the Flaming Lips Heady Fwiends release. They were fresh out of the of Montreal/Deerhoof split which I REALLY wanted. I also grabbed SY/I.C.P./The Ex In the Fishtank & Mutantes by Os Mutantes. Good haul & a lot of fun hanging out.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2012, 12:06 AM   #23
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, I'm not a big Jack White/White Stripes fan (not anti either), but his latest psychedelic liquid filled solo single has to be the coolest looking piece of vinyl in the history of the medium, a RSD release available only at Third Man in Nashville, Tennessee, and auctioned for some very high prices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOtN...layer_embedded

fast forward to ~3:00 for the liquid filled disc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-White-L...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 04.22.2012, 12:11 AM   #24
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
jack white fans spend nutty amounts of money

have you seen this one? not a rsd release, actually it never came out in stores at all, it was released by fucking helium balloon http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details....d=320884419223

Up for bid a limited edition Jack White "Freedom at 21" Flexi disc. These albums were released via helium balloon on April 1st I was a lucky person who found some of them. That being said I will keep one for myself and auction off the others. The album will come with the string attached as well as the post card, balloon, and album. This can be your opportunity to own a one of a kind release. The auction is for one album only. Email with any questions.
.................................................. .............

if i was jack white i would stop releasing records that aren't pressed in large quantities,it's annoying when records are rare by design
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2012, 01:17 AM   #25
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
He also released a record that is supposed to be played at 3 RPM like an idiot.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2012, 03:17 AM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fpoaermxg I wanted the Hand Springs single...I was super late. I went to buy records at like 5pm...But whatevs. I did my duty and bought records. Spent a little cash at a few stores. Picked up Lighting Bolt+Flaming lips. Oh dear, it's a beautifully colored album. Merzbow_KIbbutz. Uh...Boris' Heavy Rocks. And..an LP that has Mike Watt and Cedric from Mars Volta. It doesn't have much on there except for the musicians names. I guess they're called Anywhere? But yeah I listned to it....sounds pretty rad. It's yer standard rock outfit with what seems to have some world influence.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2012, 03:38 PM   #27
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
how About That Pussy Galore 7" Reissue! I Want.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2012, 04:12 PM   #28
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

here is a video demo of the liquid filled record playing, with stories about leaks, care and maintenance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RETuB67sTKI

and another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7Tn_rO_eg
Old 04.23.2012, 09:00 AM   #29
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
After a fine breakfast at the Stage on 2nd Ave I went over to Kims about 9 am, the early rush had died down and I was able to browse easily, they had a Hendrix 7" but it was $10 and I left it there, maybe go back this week and see if any are left, then I headed down to J&R, I find out they open at 11 on Sat and there are about 25 people on a line so I went to Centruy 21 and bought underwear and socks, cam eback 10 mins after 11 and entered J&R. All the RSD vinyl was upstairs, but they didn't bother to announce that, they have all the rsd stuff behind a table and you have to ask to look at it and figure out the price, it was fucking annoying, and the person behind the table didn't want to be there and was barely helpful, I did get a Richard Pryor lp for $1, a Yardbirds 7# for $5 and Stranded by Roxy Music for $6 on CD. Usually J&R offers 20% off all stock but they didn't. Then I went up to Other Music, by now its about 1:30 and there was a line going around the corner. I did not get on line. Kids, the good stuff is gone before the doors open.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2012, 10:16 AM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I got the new Spiritualized and the new Preteen Zenith, freshly pressed 180 gm colored vinyl, litho (both signed and numbered) along with the cd. Suck on that, steveOK!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2012, 10:26 AM   #31
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
After a fine breakfast at the Stage on 2nd Ave I went over to Kims about 9 am, the early rush had died down and I was able to browse easily, they had a Hendrix 7" but it was $10 and I left it there, maybe go back this week and see if any are left, then I headed down to J&R, I find out they open at 11 on Sat and there are about 25 people on a line so I went to Centruy 21 and bought underwear and socks, cam eback 10 mins after 11 and entered J&R. All the RSD vinyl was upstairs, but they didn't bother to announce that, they have all the rsd stuff behind a table and you have to ask to look at it and figure out the price, it was fucking annoying, and the person behind the table didn't want to be there and was barely helpful, I did get a Richard Pryor lp for $1, a Yardbirds 7# for $5 and Stranded by Roxy Music for $6 on CD. Usually J&R offers 20% off all stock but they didn't. Then I went up to Other Music, by now its about 1:30 and there was a line going around the corner. I did not get on line. Kids, the good stuff is gone before the doors open.

I thought Kim's had closed.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2012, 10:26 AM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase
how About That Pussy Galore 7" Reissue! I Want.

wha?!? Do you know what's on it?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2012, 10:37 AM   #34
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I thought Kim's had closed.

They opened a store on 1st Ave between 8th and 7th streets several years back, but all the other stores are now closed.

Rockit Scientist on St Marks is supposed to be closing shortly, a victim of the Bloomberg gameplan for the East Village, which is that only businesses that can participate in a "heroin-type" economy (where goods are sold at 100's of times their actual worth, like booze or prada) are allowed. So we have lots of cocktail lounges with $20 drinks.
Old 04.24.2012, 10:38 AM   #35
tesla69
Banned

He's really a smart guy and remembers the excitement of being a fan..."To me, the greatest fun was saving up the money to buy the record and I felt like I was doing them an honour by buying the record and I thought they'd done me an honour by making a record for me and made me feel part of it, like a cultural thing."
Old 04.24.2012, 11:31 AM   #36
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
wha?!? Do you know what's on it?

Feel Good About Your Body EP reissue by the original releaser, Shove Records.

Has on it: Die Bitch, HC Rebellion, Constant Pain, and Car Fantasy
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2012, 11:57 AM   #37
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
This is actually a really beautiful record. Three cheers for Three Lobed! Lee's track is an acoustic instrumental demo of a Times/Tides song (can't remember which right now), played on a Martin parlor guitar from the 1920's. Too cool. The rest is great too.

Sweet, hopefully my copy will arrive soon.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2012, 03:27 PM   #38
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone get the Brotzmann/Bennink/Van Hove 7"?

Is it available in the US???

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2012, 03:28 PM   #39
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
They opened a store on 1st Ave between 8th and 7th streets several years back, but all the other stores are now closed.

Rockit Scientist on St Marks is supposed to be closing shortly, a victim of the Bloomberg gameplan for the East Village, which is that only businesses that can participate in a "heroin-type" economy (where goods are sold at 100's of times their actual worth, like booze or prada) are allowed. So we have lots of cocktail lounges with $20 drinks.

thats fuckin' bullshit, i used to love the east side...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth