Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.29.2016, 10:34 PM   #3101
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I philosophically am not sure how to feel about this, am I trapped as an anachronism or is it all good since its still technically "new" music?

you smoke pot and eat mushrooms and take LSD and your telling us that yr not sure about any of this? get real. I think you know how to feel about this. be a man, wake up and stand true. and stop be a pussy.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2016, 12:57 AM   #3102
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
glad you got to see Kanye. always cool when someone gets hyped after a concert. it's inspiring stuff.

see he didn't perform 30 hours. can't help but notice when you got all white boy with N***as in Paris. Friends substitutes the same with ninja. I get the feeling his is more political than your guilt.

you can type nigga. it's ok. it's the name of the song.....you wacky people.

to be honest, I say nigga all the time. when I come home i greet my dog with "sup nigga" or when he's outside I yell out "get yo ass inside nigga". when im loving on him it's "yeah, you my nigga".

at work, we say it all the time. nigga ass white boy. you is a white boy. white boy. dat white boy crazy.

Soup Nazi doesn't visit the café? what's spoken in the café stays in the café.

I say the word when I'm rapping along with songs, or quoting someone. That's pretty much it.

There are white people all over the country who suddenly seem to think it's ok to say the word as long as they do it in a "nice" way, but it's not. It's no better than saying "gay" or "faggot" in a "nice" way.

Also, the song is labeled "Ni**as in Paris" on my cd I think, so that's the title.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2016, 01:28 AM   #3103
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think I'm over Weeknd. Dude's ok. Capable of making really great music, but I'm sick of hearing about him. It's like everyone forgot how much kisssland sucked when he did that 50 shades of grey track.

That last album was good. Quite good. But it aped on MJ too much.
At the Kanye concert, my girlfriend turned to me during Fade and said, stunned, "this is like some Michael Jackson shit" ... she meant the beat, energy, spectacle of it all, not that it soudned like MJ. But she was right. That's the right way to carry on MJ's legacy. Completely replicating his style and sound is the wrong way. In my opinion.
Kiss Land was pretty enjoyable if you ask me.. his last one had a few gems: "The Hills" was so abrasive and intense for a #1 Billboard hit.. seriously blew me away (especially with that video). "Tell Your Friends" for that Kanye production alone of course, but Weeknd flowed really well over it too. "Acquainted" was another song I loved.

I don't expect him to make a great album anymore. He peaked way too early with Trilogy.

I see what y'all are saying though. As a live performer I find him pretty boring. He said he's well aware that he can't do what MJ did anyway.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2016, 01:42 AM   #3104
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
the dude in that Weekend vid has himself killed at the beginning with that shit hairstyle. I guess he's killing off his old persona. funny shit!!!
I thought that was cool.
Old 09.30.2016, 07:29 AM   #3105
louder
invito al cielo

Gibbs is finally coming back home. Poor guy was arrested in Europe for nearly half a year because of false rape accusations. Those motherfuckers really don't play around.
Old 09.30.2016, 10:17 AM   #3106
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I played about half of Atrocity Exhibition yesterday, and I was pretty impressed.
(Of course later in the day I had my mind blown right out the back of my skull by the new Nicolas Jaar, SIRENS, out now, so that kinda took all my mental energy)

But I think the new Danny Brown is going to be a pretty big record, critically and maybe commercially. It has kind of a sprawling feel to it, especially on those first few tracks. I don't know how it stacks up to Old or XXX yet for me, but it seems pretty fucking good. I was glad to hear it wasn't ALL just insane industrial rap, because I think that with Danny's oddball voice, he really shines most when the production is smooth (see "1 Train").

So. I'm on board with Atrocity Exhibition so far. Will listen to the rest sometime today.
Old 09.30.2016, 10:18 AM   #3107
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Gibbs is finally coming back home. Poor guy was arrested in Europe for nearly half a year because of false rape accusations. Those motherfuckers really don't play around.

So we're sure they were false then?
Old 09.30.2016, 10:23 AM   #3108
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I say the word when I'm rapping along with songs, or quoting someone. That's pretty much it.

There are white people all over the country who suddenly seem to think it's ok to say the word as long as they do it in a "nice" way, but it's not. It's no better than saying "gay" or "faggot" in a "nice" way.

Also, the song is labeled "Ni**as in Paris" on my cd I think, so that's the title.

I have distinctly noticed an increase in use of nigga by teenagers of all races, its basically become normalized, its the "bro" of the 2010s....

I confess to using this word, sometimes quite frequently, but I ALWAYS imply N.I.G.G.A. (never ignorant about getting goals accomplished) or like Game same

"the word nigga ain't nothing like nigger one is slang for my brother the other is hanging dead take a picture"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2016, 10:26 AM   #3109
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I get it. Sorry I used N***a. A white person is only allowed to say 'brotha' unless they are true brothers N***a.

I was talking about this about the time I had my meltdown to a friend and he remembered the cop movie with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker (I forget the name). Tucker at one point says to Jackie "What's up my Nigga" and then when Jackie is in a black bar later he says the same thing and the entire bar goes cold and turns on him.

Maybe you can joke around about N***a with your white friends but 'Brotha' is the proper nomenclature for whites
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2016, 10:26 AM   #3110
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I've been following The Weeknd since the beginning of his career in 2011. Dude has been extremely shy and unhappy for years, it's good to see that he finally gained some confidence and decided to embrace and celebrate his success. He's indeed a star, one of the few good ones we have.

I just barely learned he was an Ethiopian like a few months ago! All my Habesha folks were shocked I didn't know

Old 09.30.2016, 10:43 AM   #3111
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I have distinctly noticed an increase in use of nigga by teenagers of all races, its basically become normalized, its the "bro" of the 2010s....

I confess to using this word, sometimes quite frequently, but I ALWAYS imply N.I.G.G.A. (never ignorant about getting goals accomplished) or like Game same

"the word nigga ain't nothing like nigger one is slang for my brother the other is hanging dead take a picture"

When I lived in the city (any city really), I heard the word constantly, but never NEVER from white folks unless there was nobody around. Even the racist ass motherfuckers I knew kept that word mostly to themselves, probably because uttering it publically would almost certainly result in an altercation they weren't prepared for.

Now that I'm in a small town (which is like an alien land to a city boy like me, on ankumber of different levels), I hear the word on an almost daily basis. And since there are only about a handful of black people here, it's almost always coming out of the mouth of some fucker using the "slang" variation to cover up their hate with what they think passes for humor.

My neighbor, on Obama: "I'd put that ni**er through a wood chipper"

Fucking terrifying. Makes me wish the first amendment wasn't a thing. Makes me feel full-fledged hatred for people who could say such things. I don't like feeling hatred.

It's very unsettling that white people are trying to re-appropriate the word that it took black people centuries to appropriate from the whites. It's not just pop culture lingo. It's perhaps the single most charged word in history. I get that some folks may use it without meaning any harm, so I'm not gonna get preachy about every little use of the word. But it's a reminder of just how little progress we've actually made when people use the word without thinking twice.
Old 09.30.2016, 10:53 AM   #3112
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
two wrongs do not make a right. Until black people choose to stop using a pejorative insult as a term of endearment, the racist fucks out there will never stop, for they will always point to its use by the same people who decry its use... and IT IS HYPOCRISY.

The biggest trick the racists pulled is making the oppressed people call themselves by the name that racists use, which, no matter the intent, keeps perpetuating the LIE of that racist word.....

Bullshit, all bullshit.

Self-respect comes first, then you can force others to respect you.
Old 09.30.2016, 10:54 AM   #3113
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I do not call myself a spic, I do not call my hispanic friends wetback, I do not call my mexican friends beaners....and when they use those words AI make a point to tell them that shit is not cool.
Old 09.30.2016, 10:59 AM   #3114
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
two wrongs do not make a right. Until black people choose to stop using a pejorative insult as a term of endearment, the racist fucks out there will never stop, for they will always point to its use by the same people who decry its use... and IT IS HYPOCRISY.

The biggest trick the racists pulled is making the oppressed people call themselves by the name that racists use, which, no matter the intent, keeps perpetuating the LIE of that racist word.....

Bullshit, all bullshit.

Self-respect comes first, then you can force others to respect you.

A bit too judgemental que no?

Old 09.30.2016, 11:03 AM   #3115
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
I just barely learned he was an Ethiopian like a few months ago! All my Habesha folks were shocked I didn't know
Yeah he is. I definitely hear Ethiopian music elements in his singing.
Old 09.30.2016, 11:06 AM   #3116
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
A bit too judgemental que no?

what is the line where one goes from good judgemental to "too" judgemental?

you don't think that the oppressed using the racial terms that the oppressors use against them just feeds the oppressors? How does it help? It may only desensitize those that should NOT be cool with saying such hateful shit.
Old 09.30.2016, 11:27 AM   #3117
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

The line is like the line between pornography and art, it is known when it is encountered even if not easy to explain or describe

Old 09.30.2016, 11:47 AM   #3118
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what is the line where one goes from good judgemental to "too" judgemental?

you don't think that the oppressed using the racial terms that the oppressors use against them just feeds the oppressors? How does it help? It may only desensitize those that should NOT be cool with saying such hateful shit.

I gotta say I kind of agree with (or see the logic in) your first lost, but I'm not sure it's fair to say that black people onlynuse the word because they were tricked into it. To say that it to almost completely strip them of power and choice.

I'm not saying you're wrong ... I'm just not sure you're 100% on point.

Though I respect your frustration and your anger.

Heaving someone just across the fence from me "joke" (in a very serious and bloodcurdlingly four way) about putting someone into a motherfucking wood chipper because of the color of their skin makes me want to curb stomp skulls. When I heard that my heart felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. The "old me" would have knocked on the door and said something, but the old me got into and lost one too many fist fights.

I can't stand hearing that shit. It makes me sick to my stomach. Obviously SOMETHING is wrong with EVERYTHING if people think they can talk that way and just get away with it.
Old 09.30.2016, 12:19 PM   #3119
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can't stand hearing that shit. It makes me sick to my stomach. Obviously SOMETHING is wrong with EVERYTHING if people think they can talk that way and just get away with it.

That is why my entire life, even as a kid, I always choose to be THAT GUY who calls EVERY ASSHOLE on EVERY dumb thing that comes out of their mouth. My philosophy about life is people only say or believe dumb shit because smarter people never called them on it, so I decided to do it and change the world one dumb asshole at a time.

When I was a kid and saw the "stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone" it actually meant something to me

Old 09.30.2016, 11:29 PM   #3120
Severian
invito al cielo

Louder - I guess the new Cudi was delayed, but there's a new single out on iTunes called "Surfin'" with Pharrell. Sounds WAY better than Speeding Bullet. Bit redundant, but I like it I think.
106146153154155 156 157158159166 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth