Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Any Brooklynites???
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
If so, what are you doing this weekend?
Lipslikewindows is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 01:26 PM   #2
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i live in manhattan but i'm doing a rockn'roll fantasy camp for girls in brooklyn:

http://www.williemaerockcamp.org/lcamp06.html

playing a show sunday night at sin-e. oh yeah...
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Lipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to beholdLipslikewindows is a splendid one to behold
That's awesome!! I always wondered who was behind the girl rock camps. Very very cool. How'd you get involved? Our band, the Muggabears, is playing Friday and Saturday if you'd want to come. Our site is www.themuggabears.com (apology for this not being SY-related, didn't realize what area of the site I was in when I posted it)...
Old 07.25.2006, 02:05 PM   #4
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm leaving friday and saturday night open and hopefully i'll have met some cool girls who want to go to shows. i'm pretty sure i won't make the midnight show saturday, but friday's def. a possibility.

i'm actually taking the camp and not running it, kind of to learn some how-to stuff on getting a band together and stuff and to get some tips on learning to play bass better.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 02:07 PM   #5
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Dear Friends,

We wanted to send out a quick reminder about tonight's Other Music
party at APT, featuring a live set from Daedelus!

Other Music Presents:
The RE:UP Manual 11 NYC Chapter Release Party
with live music by
DAEDELUS (Mush/Ninja Tune)
and DJ sets from Duane Harriott (Other Music/Negroclash) & Scott
Mou (Other Music)
Open Vodka Bar from 9 to 10 P.M.
Giveaways from
Re:UP Magazine & Griffin Technology
*No Cover*

Tuesday, July 25th
APT: 419 W.13th Street NYC
www.aptwebsite.com

Also, don't forget about our new monthly listening party at K&M Bar.
This coming Thursday, July 27th, we'll be playing the upcoming
COMETS ON FIRE album "Avatar" (set for release on August 8th)
from 10 to 11 P.M., with free Tappeto Volante beer for the whole
hour. Afterwards, DJ sets from Other Music's very own Nicole Lang
and Gerald Hammill, and giveaways from our friends at
Sub Pop and
Brooklyn Industries.

K&M Bar: 225 N. 8th Street (corner of Roebling)
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
*No Cover*
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2006, 02:08 PM   #6
Lipslikewindows
bad moon rising

Ah, cool. I taught Emily, our bassist to play some rudiments and she's now a far better line writer than I am.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth