Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Isn't Family Guy The Worst?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.27.2014, 07:14 PM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
It's 2014, we're all aware of how bad Family Guy is.

On the other hand though, I'd rather watch it than new Simpsons episodes. Also I've never understood the people who hate Family Guy but champion American Dad. They're both terrible but American Dad has the added fallacy of being boring, at least the cutaways in Family Guy are occasionally funny despite their lack of context within the episode's plot.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2014, 08:23 PM   #22
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
when seth macfarlane dies, i'll laugh. in the same way as peter does that annoying laugh in the show at inappropriate moments.

seth tried to prove their was existential depth to his self aggrandizing racist pile of shit of a show with that episode in which brian shows off his gun and talks about his depression.

if seth shoots himself in the head, he still won't have found the dignity that has so far totally evaded his spoilt arrogant excruciatingly unfunny upper class ass in real life.

reality obviously hates us all, because seth was actually supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed into the world trade centre on 9/11, but missed his flight due to being too drunk to get out of bed!

this is a man who compared his attempts to get one of his animations accepted for an award to martin luther kings struggle for civil rights.

fuck you seth. i hope you do kill yourself because you're the most obnoxious piece of shit, and everyone around you just wants the money being associated with you can bring them.

you think you're better than the racist rednecks you constantly rip on, but at least those supposedly irredeemably racist, homophobic bigots have the decency to say "fuck off" to minorities they don't like, rather than what you do, which is so much worse. pretend to be on their side, then insult them with a viciousness and scorn that goes beyond what the majority of people that openly despise them would imagine doing. and you really are such a myopic piece of crap that you actually expect them to like you for this.

"i don't understand why the trans community has such a problem when i belittle and humiliate trans characters in the most disgusting way possible, yet slap on the most saccharine faux sincere message about tolerance and acceptance! why can't they just let me degrade them for fun and profit?!?!?! i voted democrat!"

anyway, yeah, fuck family guy. nastiness and bad jokes. and plagiarism!

and don't worry about everything i just said, because it was a big ironic joke! a parody of what someone who hates seth macfarlane would say! or was it? the point is you can never know for sure! that's how i get away with it and prove how smart i am! hehehe! i just made a hundred million dollars! i totally deserve it as someone with SO MUCH talent who was born into the upper class but makes shitty tv shows about what i think poorer people are like! yay me!

here's another joke that you can't possibly be offended by - seth macfarlane can't fight the depression anymore and shoots himself in the head, he slowly bleeds to death in a quasi conscious state until the immigrant house cleaner he hires and makes fun of finds his dead body the next day.

it's a hilarious joke isn't it? of course it's a joke and not something i would ever say in real life. and certainly not something i really hope actually happens! not at all!
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2014, 09:02 PM   #23
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i agree, Seth Macfartlin should die. he erks me like Little Red Riding Hood did when i was 3 years old......... that bitch gots to die a messily perverted death.

American Daddy and Family Dude both suck seth's farts and 500,000 good episodes could never equal one Simpsons show. that's fo sho. no matter if the Simpsons suck now.

word. white boy!!!
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2014, 09:07 PM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
even when they literally steal jokes from the simpsons, they still suck.

believe me, i've watched a lot of cartoons. family guy leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. i've tried very hard to laugh at what it does now, to identify whatever level of meta irony that it takes to make these jokes something other than nasty, vicious insults designed to degrade minorities in the most humiliating way possible - but i can't. also, the longer family guy goes on, the more it seems like they can't do ANY kind of humour anymore. there's nothing funny. as alan already said, the plot, voice acting etc. are all fucking atrocious - really really really poor. but they don't need to be great for a comedy show to work.

i can't laugh at anything that happens in family guy anymore. i love black humour more than most people, but every time family guy tries it it just doesn't work.

also, it's responsible for reviving some of the most crude and ugly racist stereotypes. a lot of the anti semitic 'jokes' in the show rely on stereotypes that i wasn't even aware of. there's probably a lot of people in this generation who have now been exposed to them thanks to seth macfarlane, who is the only person apart from the openly racist right wing that finds them funny. jews have big noses huh? that's great seth. go drink yourself to sleep again you pompous fucking dickweed.
Old 03.27.2014, 09:33 PM   #25
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
who tha fuck has ever laughed at Family Guy?

we all watch it zoned out and bored like most americans or others. mindless entertainment, like a sucky book or watching paint dry. it's the great american past time now sans extra sans baseball. except (Family Guy and the like) they are all retarded new england cartooon characters. blah fuck
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2014, 12:01 AM   #26
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

this is a man who compared his attempts to get one of his animations accepted for an award to martin luther kings struggle for civil rights.

i tried to google this but the only thing that came up was this post this trivializes martin luther king's life and work in another moronic context

In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday, can we please get some black emoticons? I'm tired of using this 👳

i don't hate seth macfarlane of course. because he's a comedian which in our day and age essentially means saying the things people are ashamed to even think in the most public way possible, and then expecting people to idolise and pay you for it.

i literally think i hate every comedian. i've been enjoying the show broad city quite abit but the brilliant slavery joke in episode 1 made it pretty clear i don't wanna be their pal. in the show their conversation is overheard by a black woman at an awkward moment, but in reality they spent time writing that and thinking that it would just be hilarious if a black person was suddenly reminded of slavery when trying to do their job as a cashier, and then had to show it to comedy executives who also thought it was brilliant if it made the air

to top it all off, it's produced by feminist icon amy poehler, the heroine who has devoted her life to making sure women have the same opportunities as men to regularly insult native americans in front of a large tv audience and get filthy rich from it

i'm not perfect, or even a remotely decent person, and i am indeed ashamed of myself... the last part is what makes me at least slightly different from the christian deity known as satan (the only comedian who's ever actually been funny). wanting the adoration of the masses in exchange for being a shitbag who doesn't care about anyone but themselves is exactly what catholics think lucifer was kicked out of heaven for, and if the people who actually think the asshole pope is chosen by god think someone can actually be too arrogant for heaven then he must have been a pretty big asshole to get kicked out i think.

i'm literally thinking of starting a christian sect that believes everyone but comedians gets to go to heaven, if the bible actually said 'every popular english language comedian alive in 2014 will be subjected to eternal torment' then i would be in church RIGHT NOW EVEN THOUGH IT'S 10:31 PM ON THURSDAY

i was thinking of adding seth macfarlane's face to the cover of the album 'satan is real', but the idea of connecting the guy with art with produced for any reason besides self aggrandizing through denigration of others is too kind for comedians, also it would actually be funny, and including the most unfunny person in history in decent joke would be too charitable of me.
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2014, 12:04 AM   #27
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

he definitely said it. google interviews with him cos im too lazy.

i understand the hate for stand up comedians. i have more respect for people who clean the streets than them.
Old 03.28.2014, 12:19 AM   #28
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss

we all watch it zoned out and bored like most americans or others. mindless entertainmentk

anyone who isn't an idiot would realize this.

unfortunately the idiots that actually write these shows think that people can't look away from their genius so they decide to fulfill their 'responsibility' to comment on things that actually require thought, despite the fact that they're too in love with themselves to portray any other person as something other than trash to be mass ridiculed
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth