Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Houston Passing On Reggie Bush
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2006, 10:35 PM   #1
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
What the fuck! I can't believe it. Sure there is some clouds over Bush with NCAA violations about his parents and their house, but come on! He's a homerun pick that not only can rush, but can also catch the ball in the backfield and for the first year or so be can a sweet return man. Not to mention that he is a marketing and ticket goldmine. He already has Nike and Gatorade ads and those are from when he was in college. Don't get me wrong, Mario Williams is a beast (I watch a lot of ACC football because of the pathetic Terps), however Bush would be both good for the organization and for taking some of the pressure of Carr by giving the defense something else to worry about. I was an Oiler fan back in the Warren Moon days and like to see the Texans win so I wanted them to pick Bush. I like the Saints too, so hopefully they don't trade away the pick. My Skins are of course fucked and won't make it to the Superbowl with butterfingers Marc Brunell as quarterback. It would be great if the Skins could put together a package to draft up and get either Leinart or Young, but that won't happen. Bad move Houston.
Old 04.29.2006, 01:00 AM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
O.k., a few things. What's the whole Reggie Bush story about the NCAA violations? & Is it true that his Heisman can be taken away because of it?
Oh, & who did the Browns choose in the first round of the Draft?
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2006, 01:18 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it's something about his parents owing money on some house they lived in last year or something because the guy who gave them the house wanted Bush to sign with his agency or something but didn't (I'm not really sure on the specifics and I'm kind of drunk so maybe check espn.com ). If it's is true that he violated NCAA regulations then yes his Heisman can be taken away (which has never happened before). The Browns didn't choose anybody in the draft because it's not until noon Saturday
Old 04.29.2006, 01:32 AM   #4
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I thought they had one of their 4 day long Draft week-ends on ESPN or something. I'm retarded, forgive my ignorance. But do let me know who the Browns choose. Anyway, This is quite shocking news about Reggie Bush. I was never a Bush fan, but he never seemed the kind of guy to be associated w/ violating NCAA policies. So, I'm skeptical that his Heisman will be taken from him. But, I am still pissed @ USC for losing to Texas, but that's a different subject
-George Carlin
Old 04.29.2006, 01:43 AM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

Yeah if anything it's more his parents fault than his.
Old 04.29.2006, 04:28 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
i'm watching the draft also. reggie bush only had an average of 16 touches per game & that's the official reasoning* why. thing is, he did all he did with only 16 touches, so i'm not sure exactly why that was a swaying factor either. as with matt leinart, many people felt that the success of the 2 players was influenced by the success of the overall usc program.

* krastian gives a better exposition on perhaps what the real reasons were

maybe his parents concocted everything as a masterplan to keep their talented son away from the pathetic houston texans. the new orleans saints with Brees at the helm, even with a mediocre offensive line, should be able to mount a formidable running attack (ala the broncos) with their arsenal.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2006, 05:06 PM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
maybe his parents concocted everything as a masterplan to keep their talented son away from the pathetic houston texans. the new orleans saints, even with a mediocre offensive line, should be able to mount a formidable running attack (ala the broncos) with their arsenal.

That's exactly what Eli Manning's parents did. Archie Manning to be exact.
They pretty much told the NFL, my son's not playing for the SD Charger's.
& Eli got himself a trade to the NY Giants. (old news, but quite similar)

So who did the Browns choose in the 1st round?
-George Carlin
Old 04.29.2006, 05:50 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

The Browns took DE Kamerion Wimbley and it looks like he will play outside linebacker.

Damn, the Cardinals really lucked out with Leinart falling to #10 for them. Kurt Warner should be able to take him under his wing for the first year (I'm assuming he's not going to start) and soon should be pretty lethal with Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin....not to mention Edgerrin James.
Old 04.29.2006, 05:56 PM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Thanks a million krastian. That is an odd occurance of Leinart going 10th overall. So, where did R.Bush end up?
-George Carlin
Old 04.29.2006, 06:00 PM   #10
krastian
invito al cielo

With the Saints 2nd overall. I'm cool with that. I've always liked the Saints.
Old 04.29.2006, 08:48 PM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
i used to live on the ms gulf coast (1st - 9th grade) & so the Saints were in nearby New Orleans. They are my childhood NFC team & my favorite team, the Chargers, are my AFC team.

in the 3rd round, the Chargers picked Charles Whitehurst from Clemson to supplement Philip Rivers

i'm sad to see Brees go because he put so much of himself into that winning offense & he's such a tough competitor, but i think the Chargers are doing the right thing with moving on to Rivers/Whitehurst at QB & rebuilding from there.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2006, 09:32 PM   #12
krastian
invito al cielo

Dude I know....I thought the Chargers had a really nice thing going with Brees, Gates, and LT.
Old 05.01.2006, 04:04 PM   #13
krastian
invito al cielo

Christ, it would have been better if they would have taken Vince Young over Williams if they didn't want Bush. Bush or Young=$$$$ and excitement. Plus there offense sucks. Dumb!
Old 05.01.2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Here is my low down on this

I have been a CARR hater for the past 4 years. I thought he was highly overrated and did not produce. when the team fired coach capers and informed the public of what had been going down, I changed my mind.
David Carr was forced to start at QB on an expansion team, WITHOUT a QB coach! He has played for four years and the team never hired a QB coach to help him out!!!! WHAT THE FUCK? Elway had a QB coach at age 35!!!! so this changed my mind. The new coach has brought in a new mentality. so I am happy with carr. i think he will prove me wrong.

regarding RB. The Texans have Dominick Davis, a very good RB who takes hits and keeps on kicking. in the pastthree years he has rushed for 3250 yards. that averages over 1000 yards a season with THE LEAGUES SHITTIEST OFENSIVE LINE! that is amazing production actually and he will be good for a while. The texans drafted two Offensive tackles, eespecially a new lkeft offensive tackle,some BIG motherfucker to shore up the loine. that will be great.

the texans traded for Eric Moulds, who will line up opposite of Andre Johnson, giving the texnas some balance and a great WR.

reggie bush is a money whore. he is and he has made statements such as the one about wantiung to play for the Jets in NYC because he thinks he would be a marketing wizard for commercials and shit in NYC. fuck him. let's talk FOOTBALL reggie!

Mario Williams. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!
as an old defensive tackle, I love this pick. remember in 1999 when every single person booed the eagles choice of donovan mcnabb? remember how he led them to one super bowl and 4 NFC championship games in a row? Mario williams is the kind of impact defender the texans rae sorely lacking up front. owner McNair said that he got sick to death of watching the texans give up 14-plus point leads in the second half of games. we have a new linebacker, we have some great free agnets. the choice of mario williams is a choice of FOOTBALL SUBSTANCE over FOOTBALL HYPE,
fuck the hype. there are no guarantees with reggie bush. there are no guarantees with vince young or mario williams. either way you take a risk. I love defense. we, the texans, need someone to put peyton manning on his ASS three or four times a game. I love this pick
I am one of the few
Old 05.01.2006, 05:41 PM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

Good points. I just think that a player like Bush will take some pressure of Carr who gets crushed and for the first few years would be a great one-two punch with Davis (who really didn't do jack last year, but was hurt right?). It's true that defense wins championships, but that is so far down the road for Houston (I think) and a pick like Bush would instantly give them a huge threat either as an offensive weapon or as a filthy kick returner. I also like Bush over Williams because he played in so many bigger games. Williams never really played in any big games since he played in the pathetic ACC. Does this mean that he isn't a clutch player or that he can't handle big game pressure? Nah. Nobody knows yet. I just think you have to take the best player on the board and it's pretty obvious that Bush is a player that comes around once in a blue moon. This especially should be true if you are an expansion franchise that has yet to arise out of the muck! To me they have nothing to lose and just have to take the best player. I don't think it's going to be a Sam Bowie over MJ senario because Williams is a beast. Well I honestly think that Bush has much more football substance over hype. I mean it's obvious that the kid can play! In terms of money, they payed Williams a fucking shit load so I don't really think they were scared about paying Bush. I mean it's not like Houston are getting completely fucked or anything because they got a very physical athlete who can play. Anyway, only time will tell if they made the right decision.
Old 01.30.2007, 02:27 AM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

A year has gone and Houston looks pretty dumb.....it's not like passing over MJ, but still. Any thoughts?
Old 01.31.2007, 12:26 AM   #17
krastian
invito al cielo

It's true that Bush (or Vince) wouldn't have helped them THAT much right away, but they still should have taken Bush. Their back ended up being Ron Dayne this year for Christ's sake!! Plus Bush he could have helped them in the return game. I really think Bush would have helped them at least win an extra home game this year.

Vince helped win a few games on his feet this year and had some pretty good fourth quarter drives for wins in Tennesee....I think he could have helped them win an extra game as well.

Like I said in my post last May, "only time will tell," but in terms of versatility and as a hype/excitement factor, I still think they should have taken Bush.
Old 01.31.2007, 01:40 AM   #18
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
Bush has half (at most) of the playing (at a high level) career of Williams. HB + KR + WR for 4 maybe 5 seasons.
foxforce5 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth