Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page worst thing that's ever happened to you?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2009, 06:13 PM   #41
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
life's a bitch. Makes me sick when people who have never had anything bad happen to them bemoan their existance. I'm all like, "go kill yrself then you worthless fuck."

Fucking seriously. They all either need to stfu or leap in front of an oncoming train.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2009, 06:17 PM   #42
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have a friend, used to be my best friend, but I think we will never be able to be best friends again after something that happened about a year ago now. Over the course of a few weeks, my aunt died, my life was threatened (long story -- but very serious, at the time, maybe not so much now), and I inherited I house where I had to kick out a bunch of methheads. Very stressful, going to court every week (and in fact, I'm still going, a year later, for things related to this, though it's not as bad as it was..), you know, whatever. I was really depressed one day and my friend said, "I really don't know what you are so upset about." after I told him everything that's been happening. I just looked at him. Of course he wouldn't know -- he's one of the richest people I know. When his dad dies, he inherits a million dollars. He's never had a moment in his life where his mom or dad wouldn't pay to get him out of a jam. He's never had to work a day in his life. Of course he doesn't have problems. Anyway, that night made me look at things really differently with him. I still go around him, but we stopped playing music together and stopped collaborating, in general, for the most part...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2009, 06:20 PM   #43
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not friends with anyone who hasn't had it rough. They don't have any fucking idea of what it's like to be homeless, or what it's like to go a week without eating because you can't afford food. And I've never met anyone who hasn't complained about their life, despite the fact it's been nothing but fucking cake. Actually, everyone I know that's had it rough seems to complain less.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2009, 06:22 PM   #44
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
money may not buy you happiness, but it makes things a lot less stressful. which is sort of like happiness, so nevermind.

Better_Than_Deux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 06:34 AM   #45
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
How many of you can say that your parents trained you to be a cold-hearted assassin by the age of 13? Huh? Well, I can. Top that for a sucky life.
Old 09.23.2009, 06:54 AM   #46
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
mmm
quite a few things spring to mind, but obviously:
- insulting my dad for a good two hours while i was going through a very bad nervous breakdown when i was 19. He sat through all this garbage i was throwing to his face, looking at his feet, waiting for it to stop. I threatened to kill him quite a few times that night but i don't remember as i was heavily on drugs. But i can recall pretty clearly that my girlfriend and my mother were "hiding" in the kitchen during that whole - long - time , crying.

- ending that 1 year long relationship with another girlfriend when i was 24. She killed herself with meds that same night at her parents'. Took me about two years for my brain to see the light of day again.
Old 09.23.2009, 06:55 AM   #47
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
last night i got arrested, that sucked ass

a friend also died recently'

but i gotta keep on truckin.
Old 09.23.2009, 06:56 AM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wow (at greedrex, re: the second paragraph)... sorry man.

Um...

Satan, what'd you get arrested for?

Old 09.23.2009, 07:06 AM   #49
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Um...

Satan, what'd you get arrested for?
assault
Old 09.23.2009, 07:29 AM   #50
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

shit

Old 09.23.2009, 07:37 AM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Well, she is Satan.
Old 09.23.2009, 07:41 AM   #52
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
exactly. i noticed that people who have been through quite some shit are usually very optimistic and happy, while people who have had a quiet life are some of the most whin people on earth.

of course, there are always exceptions.

i sometimes feel like the death of so many close family members in such short time has made me more aware of the fact that life can be over any minute, and that i shouldn't waste time moaning about stuff i can't fix or paining my head over questions i can't solve.

Yr right nothin really matters..it can all just slip away at any time

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2009, 07:43 AM   #53
Satan
invito al cielo

i'm going to ask them for a copy of my mugshot
Old 09.23.2009, 07:44 AM   #54
gmku
invito al cielo

Some true worse things about me:

Girlfriend breakups initiated by the girlfriend
Getting fired from a job (only once in my life)
Getting acne in high school
Dorm roommate caught me beating off once (embarrassing!)
Inadvertantly having my debit card rejected in a restaurant, i.e., not keeping an eye on my bank balance
Daughter getting arrested for pot possession in high school
Daughter stealing my record collection and Taylor guitar (I got them all back except for Broken English, which I replaced eventually)
Getting threatened to be beaten up by the school bully in 2nd grade when I was a new kid in school (after recess I blubbered to the teacher about it, broke down crying and buried my head in her tummy)
Had terrible pollen allergies 13 to about 23 years old
Parents moved us to a hick town in Iowa when I was a junior in high school
Had to take Catechism lessons EVERY goddamned Saturday morning from 1st grade through 9th ( I started skipping after that)
Had to attend Mass every goddamned Sunday of my life living with my parents
Old 09.23.2009, 07:51 AM   #55
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have a friend, used to be my best friend, but I think we will never be able to be best friends again after something that happened about a year ago now. Over the course of a few weeks, my aunt died, my life was threatened (long story -- but very serious, at the time, maybe not so much now), and I inherited I house where I had to kick out a bunch of methheads. Very stressful, going to court every week (and in fact, I'm still going, a year later, for things related to this, though it's not as bad as it was..), you know, whatever. I was really depressed one day and my friend said, "I really don't know what you are so upset about." after I told him everything that's been happening. I just looked at him. Of course he wouldn't know -- he's one of the richest people I know. When his dad dies, he inherits a million dollars. He's never had a moment in his life where his mom or dad wouldn't pay to get him out of a jam. He's never had to work a day in his life. Of course he doesn't have problems. Anyway, that night made me look at things really differently with him. I still go around him, but we stopped playing music together and stopped collaborating, in general, for the most part...

That's kind of how I feel. I am surrounded in my career by rich little grls fresh out of state college. When I was thier age I was (and still am) clawing my way out of hole after hole. I paid for my own AS degree while I worked as a fucking Burger King manager...stopped and got married....started again....stopped to have a kid ....started again...stopped to have a kid....10 years have gone by...finally finish! I was born poor but I have made it better. Everyday some crazy shit happens to me and no one here can even begin to comprehend my situation. They just go on back to the lap top daddy bought em.

I used to get a little jealous, but now I realize how much more I do posess. You cannot buy life experience. Keeps shit interesting.

Old 09.23.2009, 07:55 AM   #56
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Had to take Catechism lessons EVERY goddamned Saturday morning from 1st grade through 9th ( I started skipping after that)
Had to attend Mass every goddamned Sunday of my life living with my parents

I experienced these exact scenerios. CCD class on Sat mass on Sunday. I love and hate the catholic church at the same time. As I got older I realized they were teaching me stuff that did not exist in the bible. I thank my mom for makin me go though cause I have that faith pounded in my head. I love god and believe in him. I would not have made it through anything in my life without my faith.

Old 09.23.2009, 07:55 AM   #57
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, I've had to work for everything I have. Work hard. People can't help being born into a rich family or whatever, but they can help being empathetic to others. I mean, I go out of my way to help people who need it -- and I certainly need help myself. You know?

Old 09.23.2009, 08:01 AM   #58
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I experienced these exact scenerios. CCD class on Sat mass on Sunday. I love and hate the catholic church at the same time. As I got older I realized they were teaching me stuff that did not exist in the bible. I thank my mom for makin me go though cause I have that faith pounded in my head. I love god and believe in him. I would not have made it through anything in my life without my faith.

What probably was the turning point for me was Plastic Ono Band, hearing that in 8th grade. I asked my CCD teacher what Lennon meant by "God is a concept by which we measure our pain," and he got pissed off at me but couldn't answer. I realized then what closed-minded idiots my CCD teachers were.
Old 09.23.2009, 08:12 AM   #59
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
What probably was the turning point for me was Plastic Ono Band, hearing that in 8th grade. I asked my CCD teacher what Lennon meant by "God is a concept by which we measure our pain," and he got pissed off at me but couldn't answer. I realized then what closed-minded idiots my CCD teachers were.

That is classic!!!!!!!!I would always challenge the teachers with such things. I would bring in my Mudhoney tapes to share..stirred up as much controversy as possible. Down here in the deep south you can imagine how touchy these churches are.

Imagine there's no heaven....easy if you try..Lennon is the shit..I always thought he did have deep down faith in god even though most did not see it.

Old 09.23.2009, 08:12 AM   #60
gmku
invito al cielo

One of my worst memories is of the flood in the basement (actually the sewer backed up during a heavy rain!) of my parents' new house when I was about 16. Completely ruined my entire collection of comic books. I had great ones, too. Luckily my albums were upstairs.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth