Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Flaming Lips (Future of)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2011, 12:39 AM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
So, where do you think this amazing band will go with their next album?

Lately, they seem to be stressing the weird-factor above all else...

I'm hoping the next proper album is more of a classic Lips masterwork. If they abandon acoustics and Beach Boys melodies for good, I'd get pretty damn worried.

However, in the interim, this'll do just fine....

though "I Wanna Get High......" sounds like Ween without the mean.

Lips forever!
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2011, 01:33 AM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
how much has came out sense Embryonic? I really loved that album. To be honest I had almost lost all hope that they would put out any more good, non-predictable records. But, i loved that album so much I wrote a review of it..
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2011, 06:32 AM   #3
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
The Flaming Lips are awesome....but I'm afraid of their lives shows now. Every time I seen them it was the same show. no joke. One show they played Bad Day...which was coo. But...everything else was basically the same. And I think he shouldn't be allowed an acoustic guitar on stage.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2011, 03:34 PM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
in the future.....

this band will die in a fire created by a mob of angry fans too sick of the same tiresome act to do anything else but toss full cans of gasoline onto the already heaping pyre.

what an awesome idea for thread. let's do more bands!!!!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2011, 08:46 PM   #5
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
how much has came out sense Embryonic? I really loved that album. To be honest I had almost lost all hope that they would put out any more good, non-predictable records. But, i loved that album so much I wrote a review of it..

They've put out a couple of EP's worth of material since Embryonic. An EP w/ Neon Indian, the weirdass Songs From the Gummy Skulls/SFt Gummy Fetuses, an EP w/ Lightning Bolt...

I really love Embryonic too. It's definitely not the kind of record you'd expect from a bunch of 40-something dudes. It's actually challenging. I swear, it could pass for a debut or sophomore effort from an up-and-comer...

It was a bit cold, though- lacked the warmth of Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi, and the better moments from Mystics (which, I don't care what anyone says, contains some GREAT songs, even if it's not a great album). So I really don't spin Embryonic that much. I have to be in that exact mood and frame of mind... Most of their other albums I could listen to all day.

Newer shit is in the Embryonic vein. More angular and jilted, even the soft songs.

Whatever- they're one of my faves and they've released more good music (and with a higher ratio of good-to-bad) than just about anyone this side of SY. I just hope they don't lose their... um..... *heart* I guess.
Old 07.28.2011, 08:46 PM   #6
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
in the future.....

this band will die in a fire created by a mob of angry fans too sick of the same tiresome act to do anything else but toss full cans of gasoline onto the already heaping pyre.

what an awesome idea for thread. let's do more bands!!!!

Dude you need to take more acid.
Old 07.28.2011, 09:32 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
they've had many great albums and a few that didn't thrill me too much

the new ep with lightning bolt, I'm not too sure about the song they released for it, too repetetive, but I have a feeling the ep as a whole will be good.

they're a pretty brilliant band, especially their production and mixing abilities. they've also got killer melodies. CLOUDS TASTE METALLIC is just an amazing album. I like them a lot. I think they'll continue making interesting music.

"do you realize?" is possibly my favorite "mainstream" (for lack of a better word) song of all time...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2011, 11:25 AM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Dude you need to take more acid.
another fantastic idea!! I like you, bro-dudeski.
Old 07.29.2011, 11:36 AM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Last night on PBS my wife and I watched a special about Okie Noodling......the Lips did all the music for it: http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/okie_noodling/

Brad Beesley did that and asked the Lips to do the soundtrack.

Wayne, not being the most learned primate (he "doesn't" read), believed the noodling contest to be masturbatory in nature and wrote The Southern Oklahoma Cosmic Trigger Contest as such.

good times.
Old 07.29.2011, 12:10 PM   #10
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
I hope they put out something great soon.
They're pretty talented. for the most part.

I don't know why but i've lost interest in this band
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2011, 10:52 PM   #11
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
I hope they put out something great soon.
They're pretty talented. for the most part.

I don't know why but i've lost interest in this band

Well, check out the Gummy Fetus songs. There are some promising moments.

It's kinda like they're going through their own little SYR phase, and just releasing whatever the fuck they want.

That's fine and all, but a new album proper would be nice.
Old 08.01.2011, 02:41 PM   #12
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I would like to go on record stating that I'm sorry for breaking my promise not to troll Flaming Lips threads; it's just that I'm bored, this forum is dead and it's easy to pick apart cunts (like The Flaming Lips).

cunts.
Old 08.01.2011, 09:34 PM   #13
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
I would like to go on record stating that I'm sorry for breaking my promise not to troll Flaming Lips threads; it's just that I'm bored, this forum is dead and it's easy to pick apart cunts (like The Flaming Lips).

cunts.

I doubt you know much about picking apart cunts, period.

Yr free to yr opinion, but the Lips saved my life.

I can't understand how anyone could hear "The Gash" and not instantly love that band.

Have you heard all their shit, or just the recent stuff, or what? Because each album is quite different from the rest, and IMO there's something for everybody.
Old 08.01.2011, 09:35 PM   #14
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
-_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_- -_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_--_-_-_ insert childeren to continue -_-_-

Hey, so... do you really need to do that all the time?
Old 08.02.2011, 10:54 AM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
the Lips saved my life.

that is the single most pathetic comment I've ever read on this board.

you poor thing.
Old 08.02.2011, 11:08 AM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I want to punch you in your cunt IRL.
Old 08.02.2011, 11:45 AM   #17
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that is the single most pathetic comment I've ever read on this board.

you poor thing.

children have been inserted after all.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2011, 12:04 PM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

omg the laming flips are SO random and WEIRD though!!!

have you ever considered taking acid and listening to yosheeemi??? I bet U havent cuz i am the 1st 1 2. omg it's like Wayne came down from the sky in a giant fuckig hamster ball and aspoke golden words of love and acceptance for ALLL!!!!! Wayne is rlly smart 2!!! just read his lyrix. smart people rote that. and omg kliphyyy I want 2 run my hands through your hair and lick your queensreich tattoo. U R te drums 2 my <3

PLS insert MOAR childeren 2 continu
Old 08.02.2011, 12:07 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
omg the laming flips are SO random and WEIRD though!!!

have you ever considered taking acid and listening to yosheeemi??? omg it's like Wayne came down from the sky in a giant fuckig hamster ball and apoke golden words of love and acceptance for ALLL!!!!! Wayne is really smart too!!! just read his lyrix. smart people rote that. and omg kliphyyy I want 2 run my hands through your hair and lick your queensreich tattoo. U R te drums 2 my <3

Flaming Lips: trolling goths since 1983. And invoking a distinct sense of 'meh' in the rest of us normal people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, this is a new thread? They can't still be going, can they? Fucking hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth