Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page home recording questions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.11.2012, 03:08 PM   #1
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
relating to audacity.

1- I import wav files from various sources to build the song in Audacity. It seems that when I start stacking them in Audacity, there is a loss of quality. I play the wav in VLC, sounds great. I add it too several other wavs in Audacity, not so great. Is this my imagination? I'm doing the default 44100/32-bits (and I frankly have no idea what that really means) if that has anything to do with it.

2-Assuming the answer's "Yes, there is a loss of quality with your cheap-ass system," I'd like to take the wavs to a proper studio. Trouble is, they are all in bits. At home, I don't mind shifting around a two-second clip in Audacity until I get it in the right spot, but this'll take forever in a studio. How do you make a small clip take up the entire track, so I can export all the clips, take them to a studio and have them all synch up? I mean, if I have a three second bit floating at the two minute mark, how can I turn that into a track with silence all around that three second bit?

I know. I also wish I had a better grasp of the technical language. If my questions make no sense--I think I really garbled that second one--I'll try again (and your patience).
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth