Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So Many Opposite-Gendered Humans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.28.2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
If you love studious and strikingly beautiful Human Beings from a nation not your own, the library is for you. Trust me.*

(*edited for semantic paranoia)
Old 01.28.2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Still transphobic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
humans is humans. would it be thatw e were all robots with no sex drives, and no innate attraction to others...

man I was trying so hard not to be transphobic.
Old 01.28.2013, 03:35 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

20 lashes!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I was listening to a lot of Parliament Funkadelic the past few weeks.

That shit's so sexist.
Old 01.28.2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Who pulls in a library anyway? Fucking square.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
humans is humans. would it be thatw e were all robots with no sex drives, and no innate attraction to others...

Jesus H. Sex drives are pretty diverse things, y'know? They're also things over which you have responsibility. It's a lot of responsibility and should be taken seriously. Part of the responsibility is in not restricting other people's personal expressions. For instance, rather than attributing apparent and consistently interrogated misogyny to some phantom 'biology', try going 'hey! I've got control over the dangly things! Amazing.' In the same way you could very likely break many people's legs but choose not to, and additionally don't indulge in or perpetuate the language of leg-breaking violence.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.28.2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Jesus H. Sex drives are pretty diverse things, y'know? They're also things over which you have responsibility. It's a lot of responsibility and should be taken seriously. Part of the responsibility is in not restricting other people's personal expressions. For instance, rather than attributing apparent and consistently interrogated misogyny to some phantom 'biology', try going 'hey! I've got control over the dangly things! Amazing.' In the same way you could very likely break many people's legs but choose not to, and additionally don't indulge in or perpetuate the language of leg-breaking violence.

You are accusing Rob of being a rapist?
Old 01.28.2013, 03:48 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and nobody is more oriented around "responsibility of sexual drives" as us, we're not exactly prudes but we make Catholics seem almost debaucherous in comparison. So I agree completely with you except for this..

Neither Rob nor anyone else here ever suggested that biology exonerates, vindicates, or excuses any form of sexual deviance let alone sexual violence. That was knox hyperbolic libel which got everyone worked up, and yet it was for nothing because nobody ever even suggested such. Biology explains that SOME males of any species are aggresive or even violent. Infanticide and rape are indeed part of the animal world. It doesn't make it natural, ethical, or acceptable, it just makes it reality. The reality is that human males are also animals, and have the same inherent biological mechanisms as other male species. SOME human males are violent and aggressive, period. I BROUGHT UP THIS BIOLOGICAL FACT ON KNOX's TIRADE THREAD TO POINT OUT THAT THE BIOLOGICAL AGGRESSION WE OBSERVE IN NATURE IS NOT JUST POINTED TOWARDS FEMALES, INDEED TO MALES TO. Males are violent to other males, period. THAT WAS MY ARGUMENT. knox was trying to wrongly promote the idea that such male-induced violence is foreign to men, that only women experience violence at the hands of men. She knows that is bullshit. Further, I brought that up to try to show knox that men CAN indeed empathize and relate to womens' experience of violence from men, because men deal with violence too.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2013, 03:57 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Some males are aggressive towards males. Everyone is aggressive towards females. The point is that I get punched about once a year. Twice or more in a particularly bad one. I am present in front of male-directed aggressive behaviour maybe once a month. Possibly more, depending on the thickness of my skin (not very).

Many women - I'd go with most - have to steel themselves against a panoply of fears every time they leave the house.

So yeah, violence is present in 'both' conventionally-understood genders. It's something most men have to keep their wits about them for, sometimes, but can generally wander about without too much trouble. That's a point that knox has made. Several times.

Quote:
Old 01.28.2013, 03:58 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Some males are aggressive towards males. Everyone is aggressive towards females. The point is that I get punched about once a year. Twice or more in a particularly bad one. I am present in front of male-directed aggressive behaviour maybe once a month. Possibly more, depending on the thickness of my skin (not very).

Many women - I'd go with most - have to steel themselves against a panoply of fears every time they leave the house.

So yeah, violence is present in 'both' conventionally-understood genders. It's something most men have to keep their wits about them for, sometimes, but can generally wander about without too much trouble. That's a point that knox has made. Several times.

I am sorry but by your logic, the majority of women are raped or sexually assaulted every day. FEAR of violence and actual violence are two different things, I am not denying or belittling the experience of women, I am just saying that violence perpetuated by men is not exclusively a womens' issue. Further, even when men are violent against women, it is still also a mens' issue as well. Those women are part of communities, part of families, and those families and communities are surely inhabited by men too

Some motherfucker rapes or assaults my sister or nieces, it will surely inspire some biological male aggression on my part in retaliation.

Old 01.28.2013, 04:03 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
glice, how does rob's expression of his "opposite gender" preferences equate transphobia?

i get it that he's not being inclusive of all forms of desire, probably because it would be daunting to catalog all its forms, but isn't the leap from limited-range to phobia a bit much? i mean-- he's not saying "transgender folk may not experience sexual attraction for anyone at the library."

it's sort of like saying that liking country music (one of the dominant genres in american pop culture) makes you against non-dominant forms of music. and i say this because you like country music (megabusiness) and play microsounds in your violin.
Old 01.28.2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Partly amusement, partly because the idea of opposing genders isn't that cool. You're all horribly wrong, so it's basically bait and counter-bait at this point, and we all get to die at some point. Something to look forward to, eh?

You are all wrong though.

Quote:
Old 01.28.2013, 04:06 PM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

misogyny is the hate of women no?

Misandry is the hate of men.

I am a philogynist.
Old 01.28.2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

You're a delusional horror is what you are.

Quote:
Old 01.28.2013, 04:08 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Partly amusement, partly because the idea of opposing genders isn't that cool. You're all horribly wrong, so it's basically bait and counter-bait at this point, and we all get to die at some point. Something to look forward to, eh?

Old 01.28.2013, 04:11 PM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
You're a delusional horror is what you are.

thanks for the psychoanalysis. You are surely the most qualified to judge mental aberrations based solely on tiny, inconsequential snatches of text on a blue screen.
Old 01.28.2013, 04:11 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

i'm not baiting, i swear-- but your position reminds me of heterosexual people who complain about gay marriage because it "threatens marriage". how the fuck does it do that? it doesn't. one kind of expression of love/desire doesn't threaten another unless it demands to be exclusive of other forms.
Old 01.28.2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:

Point was taken here. The aggression with which she treated Rob on that thread I find terribly misguided, particularly because it could have been the start of a discussion on how we direct our feelings, both in a sexual and purely voyeuristic level, on other human beings who we find attractive. Besides, there certainly are situations where appearing ''unconventionally'' gendered will make you scared shitless. Knox tried lecturing ME about that, no wonder I find her a patronising bag of shit-waste to engage in conversation with.
Old 01.28.2013, 04:17 PM   #20
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Suchfriends can fuck off though. Rasta is a shit state of mind to be in.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth