Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page It is so fun to sing along to early Pearl Jam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2009, 10:06 PM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Uhmmm.... Because people on the Given to Wail and Red Mosquito forums (The two largest PJ forums) both have said in threads how they hate Sometimes (For how slow it is) and how they couldn't listen to the rest of the record because of it? So I'm not really presuming but rather putting out their thoughts.

~Jeremy~

Wow Sometimes is a fantastic song. They're ghey.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 11:39 PM   #22
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
fair enough.

they sound like idiots though

nice "uhmm" by the way

I agree completely. To judge an album by the opening song and not even listen to the rest of completely idiotic, especially when it's an album like No Code.

And yes Sometimes does kick major ass.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 12:45 AM   #23
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Uhmmm.... Because people on the Given to Wail and Red Mosquito forums (The two largest PJ forums) both have said in threads how they hate Sometimes (For how slow it is) and how they couldn't listen to the rest of the record because of it? So I'm not really presuming but rather putting out their thoughts.

~Jeremy~
Uhmmm.... i am one of the most regular posters on Given to Wail (even if im not crazy about PJ no more. and im pretty sure that almost everyone likes no code, regardless of what they think of sometimes. they really are not the type to judge an album based on one song. that sounds much more like red mosquito, or better yet the message board (pj officvial site board) those are the bigger two message boards. GTW has like 12 regular posters. we are pretty small.
and yeah no code is the only pj album that i can bring myself to listen to.
and vitology

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
Uhmmm.... i am one of the most regular posters on Given to Wail (even if im not crazy about PJ no more. and im pretty sure that almost everyone likes no code, regardless of what they think of sometimes. they really are not the type to judge an album based on one song. that sounds much more like red mosquito, or better yet the message board (pj officvial site board) those are the bigger two message boards. GTW has like 12 regular posters. we are pretty small.
and yeah no code is the only pj album that i can bring myself to listen to.
and vitology

Vitalogy is my second favorite as well.

I see some people on there diss on No Code, though. Then again this was back before the site was hacked eight times and the forums had to be brought back anew every time.

~Jeremy~

Old 05.21.2009, 01:52 PM   #25
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
hey Jeremy, I heard you spoke in CLASSSSS TODAYYYYYYYYY
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 02:11 PM   #26
Jeremy
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
hey Jeremy, I heard you spoke in CLASSSSS TODAYYYYYYYYY

That's just a rumor. I was mostly quiet and kept to myself.

~Jeremy~

Old 05.21.2009, 02:13 PM   #27
super_charger
bad moon rising

super_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's asses
There's lots of mainstream rock out there that is much worse. PJ has a few good radio hits. Nothing I'm going to spend my money on though, but I don't mind them too much if they're played at a bar, considering some of the alternatives. Why would anyone bother hating them?
super_charger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth