Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page To the fuckers that were booing during 16 Bitch Pile-Up's set last night...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.29.2006, 12:05 PM   #1
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Last night at the Wiltern, there were quite a few people who felt it necessary to make asses of themselves and the rest of the audience by booing and yelling things like "go home!" and "You suck" as well as other assinine comments while the band 16 Bitch Pile-Up was playing.

I just want to express my extreme disapproval and hatred of what these people were doing. If you dont like the band thats playing, leave the fucking room and go sit in the lobby until they are done. Nobody is making you stay there. If its not your cup of tea, fine. Just dont ruin the experience for the rest of us. I know you people think you are funny or clever shouting negative comments throughout the entire set, but its just fucking rude. Its extremely rude to the band on stage and its rude to the members of the audience (like me) who are enjoying it. And I know some of you may not be able to comprehend this, but its very rude to sonic youth. They are the ones that chose the band to open. So by dissing the band during their set, you are also dissing Sonic Youth and their taste in music. And how is Sonic Youth supposed to explain this type of behavior to the band? "Oh, sorry we have such closed-minded douchebags for fans..."?

If you don't like what you hear and you want to express your opinion, the fine. But yelling "get off the stage" at the top of your lungs while the band is in the middle of their set is absolutely not the way to do it. 16 Bitch Pile-Up is a noise band. Im sorry sonic youth didnt choose your indie-pop-flavor-of-the month band to open for them. Its something different, so maybe keep an open mind? And if any of these people booing were really sonic youth fans, they would know that Sonic Youth fucking loves this kind of stuff.

Im sorry for ranting and I know Im probably more or less preaching to the choir on this issue, but I was extremely pissed last night and needed to get this off my chest. I was truly embarassed and ashamed to be in the crowd last night. I've never seen so many closed minded individuals. Hopefully one of the lurkers that reads this will be one of the culprits. And to you I say: just have some fucking respect.

Thats all.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think the problem is that, if you're a noise band, you invite this kind of behaviour... well, maybe not invite, but I doubt it's the first time they've had it. It's par for the course with noise shows. I say this assuming they were actually noise, I haven't heard them meself. It's annoying, but presumably they were loud enough for it not to matter.

There were hecklers when I saw Ashtray Navigations. They were ejected, and it was only then that I realised they were heckling (it was too bloody loud to hear what they were saying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 12:37 PM   #3
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The only time I have ever been heckled was playing guitar rock while opening for Sonic Youth, but I maintain that it was deserved because we were terrible that night.
You don't have to be a noise band to be heckled in the opening slot at an SY show is all I'm saying, but I would think the average noisenik would get off on some heckling from the uninitiated.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Chaffie
empty page

Chaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you to a certain extent. I was there, and half the people I saw in the crowd were teens who likes they just bought Dirty that morning, and "old schoolers" who wanted to hear some Daydream Nation tracks. I sat through it all and didn't heckle because I know that that's fucking rude but having these bands open for a pretty melodic album tour, you have to expect some sort of boo'ing. There's always the assholes, anyway. Halfway when their set got super loud, I smiled because I know it was making the assholes hate the music all the much more.

Chaffie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 12:50 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
And I'm sure the heckling was nothing compared to that of the crowd at the Goodbye 20th Century gig in London. Which was, in a way, excellent, although it was exceptionally off-putting (and there was a lot of people doing it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 02:44 PM   #6
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

mooger_fooger ain't too shabbymooger_fooger ain't too shabby
Hair Police got a pretty bad heckling in Toronto a few years bad...they sort of sucked...but it's no excuse, if you could do better, you'd be up there not them, that's always been my boo-urns to booing, that and how fucking stupid/ignorant you look/sound
mooger_fooger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 03:57 PM   #7
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
booing 16bpu, the stupidity of it. im sure the bitches couldnt have cared less tho. booing sucks end of story. my attitude is if you dont like em just dont listen to em....................go for a joint, a beer, a piss, whatever..........
Old 09.29.2006, 03:58 PM   #8
spudsilo
empty page

spudsilo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I was at the show last night. 16 Bitch Pileup at least made a small attempt to be interesting. The Skaters (or whatever they were called) truly sucked. 20 minutes of unvarying drone in complete darkness was utterly pointless. Mind you, it's the unvarying part I object too. Were they doing anything at all? I certainly couldn't tell. C'mon guys, we've heard it before from a zillion other noizemakers.
Old 09.29.2006, 04:08 PM   #9
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
honestly, i would rather pay to see the skaters and 16 bitch pileup than see sonic youth.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 04:42 PM   #10
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
heckling is evil, i had it quite alot in my last band i was in, people sitting on the floor with their fingers in their ears etc etc. although that was pretty cool, we got a picture and used it as our ep cover.

god that post went abit off from the point i was trying to make.
but heckling isn't cool guys. and 16pitchpileup are fucking brilliant.
racehorse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 05:09 PM   #11
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know who they are, but if you are going to a Sonic Youth show, expect noise bands or different bands you are not used to. If these people were teens fuck them, they don't know music.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2006, 11:47 PM   #12
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
honestly, i would rather pay to see the skaters and 16 bitch pileup than see sonic youth.

16BPU is fantastic.
Old 09.30.2006, 12:09 AM   #13
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
It's a fucking show! People are gonna cheer, boo, heckle and do what they want. If people can't boo at a show then there should be no cheering or anything. Some of the people who were there giving the opening bands shit were probably keeping their spots for Sonic Youth. The last show I played there was a drunk guy yelling shit the whole time and even got up in our faces at one point. You have to deal with that shit because it's life and that's how certian people are gonna act...especially at a show.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2006, 12:12 AM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
16 bitch pile up should've told the crowd to fuck off and stay onstage longer, or at least make fun of the hecklers.

"are you saying 'boo' or 'boo-rns'?"
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2006, 12:30 AM   #15
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i remember at the hoboken shows last year, some guy was yelling "rapeman" and "albini"

what the hell does that even mean?!?!
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2006, 12:31 AM   #16
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
At 16 Bitch?

Or some band that sounded like Rapeman?
Old 09.30.2006, 12:40 AM   #17
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2006, 12:41 AM   #18
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Weird. That's fucking stupid. Rapemen are awesome, though.
Old 09.30.2006, 12:43 AM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
dude most have thought it would piss the band, he might think they hate albini for "kim gordon's panties"
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2006, 02:22 PM   #20
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't even know The Skaters were up until it was over. I thought they were playing a loop or something while they prepared. 16 Bitch was great, though. It was very rhythmic for noise music. I've never understood how people can boo bands, even if they suck. It's rude, it's mean, it doesn't accomplish anything. But it's just an element of the business.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth