Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2018, 01:16 PM   #9961
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I switched back to the old box, that one still works. The new box gives me some error code that the cables are badly connected. So I'll have to get back to the shop.

But hey, I missed a goal. Uruguay leads !!!! Let's keep it that way

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2018, 01:23 PM   #9962
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've no stake in this (or the last game) from a ff pov, but I'd love Uruguay to knock portugal out
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2018, 01:29 PM   #9963
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Is Ronaldo actually on the pitch?
Old 06.30.2018, 01:57 PM   #9964
demonrail666
invito al cielo

However far Uruguay get in this they look the most complete team I've seen so far. Suarez and Cavani up front is a given but their defence is also a rock.
Old 06.30.2018, 02:17 PM   #9965
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh damn
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2018, 02:21 PM   #9966
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Fuck yes! Cavani. Beautiful <3
Old 06.30.2018, 02:23 PM   #9967
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
cavani ON FIRE
Old 06.30.2018, 02:24 PM   #9968
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow i think im on a big delay here
Old 06.30.2018, 02:58 PM   #9969
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Swear with that defence they can go all the way. Bus parking wankers. Also, I thought I'd left Ronaldo in the FF. Big relief when I realised I hadn't.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2018, 03:01 PM   #9970
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Bus parking wankers.
wankers??? they’re the mozart of bus parking!

they’re like the ryan gosling on “drive” of bus parking

good thing i do not have a heart condition this was a mega-thriller
Old 06.30.2018, 03:08 PM   #9971
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, Mozart bus parking wankers then.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2018, 03:09 PM   #9972
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Swear with that defence they can go all the way. Bus parking wankers. Also, I thought I'd left Ronaldo in the FF. Big relief when I realised I hadn't.

Come on. We both support teams that've recently been managed by Allardyce. We've seen what parking the bus looks like. That wasn't it. That was a seriously good defence doing a seriously good job.
Old 06.30.2018, 03:10 PM   #9973
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wankers??? they’re the mozart of bus parking!

they’re like the ryan gosling on “drive” of bus parking

good thing i do not have a heart condition this was a mega-thriller

Better than Spain v Portugal for me. Epicus maximus.
Old 06.30.2018, 03:13 PM   #9974
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
wankers then.
i know you are but what are they

now seriously (but seriously now) that was not mere bus parking. they defended *everywhere* , not just in their area, but upfront as well, and the way they shut out your boy cronaldo during the first half was masterful, basically by not allowing any balls to reach him, it was hilarious. demonyo called it correctly, “where is ronaldo?” (answer: on the other side of the uruguayan... dragnet).

2nd half portugal switched play and did better and after all the hacking the ref allowed, including that cynical challenge on laxalt, and cavani’s demolition, uruguay did get boxed in.

but they are fantastic.

pity i lost my clean sheets: i have muslera, godin, suarez on my fantasquad

(yes, i got “romantic” and pulled out the more logical harry kane to bring suarez in. im stupid i know)
Old 06.30.2018, 03:24 PM   #9975
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i know you are but what are they

now seriously (but seriously) that was not mere bus parking. they defended *everywhere* , not just in their area, but upfront as well, and the way they shut out your boy cronaldo during the first half was masterful, basically by not allowing any balls to reach him, it was hilarious. demonyo called it correctly, “where is ronaldo?” (answer: on the other side of the uruguayan wall).

2nd half portugal switched play and did better and after all the hacking the ref allowed, including that cynical challenge on laxalt, and cavani’s demolition, uruguay did get boxed in.

Spot on.

They're a complete team. They may not have the most lethal frontline but it functions (hopefully Cavani isn't seriously injured). France will test them, maybe even enough to beat them, but they'll have to work a sight harder to do it than they did against Argentina. Uruguay don't park the bus; they just take defence seriously. There's a huge difference.
Old 06.30.2018, 03:37 PM   #9976
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Spot on.

They're a complete team. They may not have the most lethal frontline but it functions (hopefully Cavani isn't seriously injured). France will test them, maybe even enough to beat them, but they'll have to work a sight harder to do it than they did against Argentina. Uruguay don't park the bus; they just take defence seriously. There's a huge difference.

yep yep. alexi lalas the other day predicted uruguay would win this one “because they are a team”

i edited my post from “wall” to “dragnet” because i think the image is more fitting. it’s not that it was a static thing. instead it was a kind of web that moved to keep him out. missile defense kind of. i don’t recall any fouls on cr7, maybe there was one, but that is not how they shut him down at all. instead it was portugal who resorted more to fouls, and the ref helped them.

france had an easier day today for sure and uruguay goes forth wounded. but does france lose anyone essential on cards? matuidi i think? still without matuidi they have kanté, who is amazing.

france does not have an essential player really. everyone is replaceable i think. e.g. mbappé sure is great but griezmann can do the same job if you put démbélé on the wing for example.

whereas you take out cavani and stuani is nowhere near the caliber.

im worried about uruguay going forward like this. tough bracket! but how they played today was great. love that team.

one more corny thing to add: i thought they would win cuz when they played their national anthem several of them were crying. no joke. i wonder what tabárez told them in the dressing room.

ps-love that old man. has survived dont know how many conditions and gets up to celebrate on crutches. do not go gentle, etc.
Old 06.30.2018, 04:04 PM   #9977
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

france had an easier day today for sure and uruguay goes forth wounded. but does france lose anyone essential on cards? matuidi i think? still without matuidi they have kanté, who is amazing.

france does not have an essential player really. everyone is replaceable i think. e.g. mbappé sure is great but griezmann can do the same job if you put démbélé on the wing for example.

whereas you take out cavani and stuani is nowhere near the caliber.

You're probably right but we may be in danger of over-inflating France based on one good performance against a pretty hopeless Argentina, who still managed to score 3 goals against them despite not even have a proper forward for most of the game.

That aside, big respect to Ronaldo for helping Cavani off

Old 06.30.2018, 04:09 PM   #9978
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Ranaldo helped him off to avoid any further delays.

Cavani said after the match that he believes to play in next match.
Lukaku is also fully recovered btw

Old 06.30.2018, 04:13 PM   #9979
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Ranaldo helped him off to avoid any further delays.

ha ha ha i think so too and didn’t wanna be the only cynic to say so. but still nice gesture, better than yelling. makes a nice photo. chivalry in war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Cavani said after the match that he believes to play in next match.
Lukaku is also fully recovered btw

i read that cavani said it’s a hamstring injury? those can last a long time... fingers crossed for him

still thin bench...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You're probably right but we may be in danger of over-inflating France based on one good performance against a pretty hopeless Argentina, who still managed to score 3 goals against them despite not even have a proper forward for most of the game.

they may not have gelled as a team quite yet but they have ooooooooodles of talent in every position not just one or two great ones

the other day i was looking at pavard thinking “this guy, i don’t know if he’s up to snuff” and today he scores that beauty. of course he’s a defender so he must defend, but...
Old 06.30.2018, 04:14 PM   #9980
_tunic_
invito al cielo

[More news from Belgium: some store have started a promotion. If you now buy a TV and Belgium scores more than 15 goals, the store will refund you. So Mertens said in press conference that he wants to score a lot because all his friends bought the TV

449489496497498 499 500501502509549599 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth