Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page MBV (Yes it deserves another thread)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.19.2007, 08:19 AM   #101
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
If that's the case, my heartfelt apologies.

I was beginning to wonder if you'd gone barmy.

Bobby Gillespie?! Pshaw!

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 10:13 AM   #102
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
ELVIS.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 10:39 AM   #103
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
if bilinda, debbie and colm are not in the band, why not bill it as "the kevin shields experience presenting the songs of my bloody valentine"? oh right...

anyhoo, if kevin shields and his new smashing pumpkins came to mexico, i would surely go see him because i'd love to hear mbv songs live, although i doubt they can be played by just anyone. i love mbv to bits, but call it for what it is and stop the nostalgia cash in!!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 10:43 AM   #104
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
just call it "feedback out of loud amps cuz we needed money "

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 11:03 AM   #105
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
if bilinda, debbie and colm are not in the band.

But they ARE in the band! Kevin Shields says so, all the publicity I have read says so, and the poster has their photo's on it.

Who actually knows any different? Show me your sources.

Old 11.19.2007, 11:09 AM   #106
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
a) where have you read this, bloodbeach? seems to me they always mention kevin shields and that's it.

b) the posters, well, it's not like they are new photos; besides, would you go see them if the poster said "my bloody valentine" and you only recognized one face in the pic?

bottomline is, it says "reunion" but so it said with the smashing pumpkins.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 11:32 AM   #107
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Guest Informant again.
Old 11.19.2007, 11:37 AM   #108
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I don't understand why they don't just announce two dates in the first place, and let everyone have the choice of dates from the very start.

because if they only sold one ticket respectivly for each show they'd be fucked. I dont think anyone expected it to sell like it has. Maybe they did. ohhhhh

but yeah i was also under the impression it was original line-up where the hell did the other info came from. That VBS interview ol' kev said something about it not just being up to him this time because the others were involved.

Should I expect the amount of noise, or whatever, to freak out my friends?

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 11:39 AM   #109
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
But they ARE in the band! Kevin Shields says so, all the publicity I have read says so, and the poster has their photo's on it.

Who actually knows any different? Show me your sources.

Are you sure about this?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 12:05 PM   #110
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
Somebody now wishes they had bought tickets.
Old 11.19.2007, 12:08 PM   #111
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
because if they only sold one ticket respectivly for each show they'd be fucked. I dont think anyone expected it to sell like it has. Maybe they did. ohhhhh
The concept of an MBV reunion has been being hyped for the last fifteen or so years. Anyone who didn't expect massive interest is, well, a little bit silly.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 12:14 PM   #112
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmychild

Not really. I generally find reunions a crass form of entertainment, especially if the musicians in question are has-beens with nothing to offer that is either fresh or interesting. Remember this is 2007, not 1991. I have had the pleasure to see MBV when they meant something, not sure about yourself.
The only band that would get me excited if there were talks about a reunion would be Loop, but that is a very unlikely thing to happen, as the gentlemen separate themselves from the plebs like no others.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 12:27 PM   #113
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmychild

Still can - they've added a fourth London date - Monday 23 June.

Old 11.19.2007, 12:34 PM   #114
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
The concept of an MBV reunion has been being hyped for the last fifteen or so years. Anyone who didn't expect massive interest is, well, a little bit silly.

yeah, im from a pretty shit town with shit people so im not sure myself how to gauge things.. I'll rarly bump into a person that knows little beyond nothing. Its kind of like people that'd be into this stuff dont exist.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 02:04 PM   #115
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the mbv 2008 line up is colm, belinda kevin and debbie. i thought debbie ruled herself out of it because of other commitments but obviously the lure of mbv is bigger than the pull of her other band.... snow something???
Old 11.19.2007, 02:07 PM   #116
sarramkrop

Snowpony
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 02:30 PM   #117
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Not really. I generally find reunions a crass form of entertainment, especially if the musicians in question are has-beens with nothing to offer that is either fresh or interesting. Remember this is 2007, not 1991. I have had the pleasure to see MBV when they meant something, not sure about yourself.
The only band that would get me excited if there were talks about a reunion would be Loop, but that is a very unlikely thing to happen, as the gentlemen separate themselves from the plebs like no others.

I'm in this boat. It's a real shame I didn't see MBV back in the day, and their records are still pretty good, but I missed it because I was busy being too young, so I might as well get on with my adult life raving about the shows I have seen by people who haven't reformed. ATR in '97, Urusei Yatsura in '97, Melt Banana in '99, Keiji Haino and NNCK several times... you get the idea.

Having said that, one of my favourite shows of the year was by Faust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 02:34 PM   #118
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Faust never actually broke up though, did they?
They're just geezers is all.

I saw MBV back in the day, and was underwhelmed. It was the loudest show I have ever seen, but that was the most noteworthy thing about it.
To be fair, I know a lot of people who saw the same show and thought it was incredible, but I was not one of them. And I was totally jacked to see them too.
I actually enjoyed Ride's first tour and Slowdive much more live.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 02:41 PM   #119
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm pretty sure Faust went on hiatus/ split up after Faust IV, then 're-grouped' in the mid-90s. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Actually, don't correct me, you'll still be dead inside whatever.

I think with someone like Faust, or Silver Apples (I'm well excited about seeing them this year) or a handful of others is that they never got their dues back in the day. Although Faust did sell loads of the Faust tapes. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of bands out there who need a smidge more credit. The Monks re-union didn't come to much. Whereas MBV are in a million 'best of' lists. They're not as vaunted as some bands, but they're certainly vaunted a gash-load more than many genuinely better bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 02:50 PM   #120
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
OK then, I'll take your word for it.
I saw Silver Apples in 1997 and they were still pretty great.
Michael Yonkers' re-emergence is one of the greatest things I have had the pleasure to witness.
Mani Neumeier of Guru Guru has totally still got it too.

I'm sure MBV will do very well for themselves with this.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth