Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Are sonic youth satanists?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2006, 10:05 PM   #121
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
well i'm reading UMBERTO ECO's IL PENDOLO DI FOUCAULT.
Baphomet used to be teh one who those Templar guys were raving about.
But all in all, the very point of this thread is: as soon as it's nonsense, it's occult... therefore it's EVIL becuz we do not get it. I think that the SY lyrics play a lot with stuff like this. What you can't understand SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, mainly becuz of the fact that we fear those who are different from us. old stuff.

i found the YOUTH reference (they're in their 50ies but the're THE YOUTH) to be very evocative tho.

is RR really coming out on 06 06 06?
Old 04.01.2006, 11:20 AM   #122
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
well i'm reading UMBERTO ECO's IL PENDOLO DI FOUCAULT.
Baphomet used to be teh one who those Templar guys were raving about.
But all in all, the very point of this thread is: as soon as it's nonsense, it's occult... therefore it's EVIL becuz we do not get it. I think that the SY lyrics play a lot with stuff like this. What you can't understand SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, mainly becuz of the fact that we fear those who are different from us. old stuff.

i found the YOUTH reference (they're in their 50ies but the're THE YOUTH) to be very evocative tho.

is RR really coming out on 06 06 06?
that was one of the dates. but i think the actual date is the 13th of June
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:11 PM   #123
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
I agree Go methodist you guys rule!
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:19 PM   #124
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
They perform ancient Mayan rituals too.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahah

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:46 PM   #125
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i finally opened this thread - i thought for sure it must be a joke. i can't believe it's serious. all this "please, please, someone ask them" bullshit is pretty hilarious too. like you'll just totally, like, die if you don't know the answer.

anyway, the answer is simple. if sonic youth were really satanists, they would have the kind of fame and fortune that led zeppelin, who really sold their souls to the devil, did.

okay, so that was a joke, but just because a band throws the word satan into their lyrics doesn't make them a satanist any more than throwing the word god into a song makes them christian. digging hard and finding a few satanic references makes you sound like the same people who put out the 20/20 special in 1984 on satanic hair metal (though they had a lot more to work with, even though all those bands used satanic imagery and weren't really satanists either.) marylin manson, he's a satanist and he's open about it. i think part of being a satanist would entail being open about it to get any benefits from the prince of darnkess, though that's just my assumption. i can't believe this thread is nine pages long and i can't believe i'm adding to it.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 03:48 PM   #126
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
That sounds like something a satanist might say.
Old 04.03.2006, 03:50 PM   #127
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
wait, this is a serios thread?
Old 04.03.2006, 04:08 PM   #128
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

ha ha i would give you some reputation points for that but it says i have to spread them around first.
Old 04.04.2006, 02:25 AM   #129
Grete
the destroyed room

Grete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's assesGrete kicks all y'all's asses
ahahahahahahahah

SONIC YOUTH ITALIA
Grete is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 10:12 PM   #130
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
jesus died for somebody's sins but not sonic youth's
Old 04.10.2006, 10:38 PM   #131
mikko
empty page

mikko has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I'm listening to SATAN IS BORING now, and it's nothing to conquer, the fight is good! Your flesh has a limit....

You are asking, if SY are satanists?

They must be.

See, I've seen Him, and he's beutiful. Theres no deception. An angel, beutifullest one. Boring, true. But really good-looking.

Love.
mikko is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2006, 10:45 PM   #132
mikko
empty page

mikko has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Time is satan. Fuck time. Satan is love.
mikko is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 12:51 AM   #133
SolidGoldHell
empty page

SolidGoldHell ain't too shabbySolidGoldHell ain't too shabby
Satan is boring............
SolidGoldHell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 04:58 AM   #134
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellouteater
derka derka
I should have known!
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 02:37 PM   #135
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
This thread still lives? Take it outside of this forum. Religion and music don't mix (look at Creed)
Old 04.11.2006, 02:42 PM   #136
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
This thread still lives? Take it outside of this forum. Religion and music don't mix (look at Creed)
when i look at creed... i'm looking in a mirror--upside down.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 05:02 PM   #137
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
And Sufjan Stevens? And mewithoutYou? And Pedro The Lion? Amazing bands based solely on christianity.
Old 04.11.2006, 08:42 PM   #138
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
And Sufjan Stevens? And mewithoutYou? And Pedro The Lion? Amazing bands based solely on christianity.

I'm sure you can find better examples than that. Pedro the Lion????
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2006, 08:47 PM   #139
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikjuice
I'm sure you can find better examples than that. Pedro the Lion????

They did a sweet cover of "Left Down and Hanging Around". Do NOT deny this.

Sufjan and mwY are two of my favorite artists/bands of all time.
Old 04.11.2006, 09:00 PM   #140
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I must say that when I'm in a "chill" mood, I dig Pedro the Lion and Page France. Cheap aural indulgence.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth