Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth with Dinosaur Jr. - Nov. 21 @ Terminal 5 NYC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2009, 08:24 PM   #21
kaitlynmazur
empty page

kaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asseskaitlynmazur kicks all y'all's asses
thanks
Old 08.17.2009, 08:31 PM   #22
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
Terminal 5 is great. SY couldn't play in a more fitting venue.

Just curious, SuperCreep: What do you like about this place? I have mixed feelings about it. I like that it's not too cramped, and it's multi-level (though it might not be after Dinosaur plays). I like that they sell empanadas. I hate that it's in the middle of nowhere, although certainly much closer to downtown than United Palace. Either way, I'm there.
Old 08.17.2009, 09:16 PM   #23
godsfavoritedog
bad moon rising

godsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's assesgodsfavoritedog kicks all y'all's asses
I'm pretty sure your definition of middle of nowhere is quite a bit different than mine since I pretty much live in the sticks and I've never been to NYC ... so forgive me if these are dumb questions:

How easy is it to get to? Can you just drive right to it or does traffic/parking make that a nightmare?

"don't worry about that," says the angel,
"soon she'll be stinking in bed with a brainless dick."
godsfavoritedog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 10:26 PM   #24
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Just curious, SuperCreep: What do you like about this place? I have mixed feelings about it. I like that it's not too cramped, and it's multi-level (though it might not be after Dinosaur plays). I like that they sell empanadas. I hate that it's in the middle of nowhere, although certainly much closer to downtown than United Palace. Either way, I'm there.
I can't say I'm all too familiar with it since I only saw Boredoms there once, but the one time I was there, the sound was fantastic (I believe I'm sensitive to this sort of thing since I know I HATE the sound at Webster Hall and Bowery Ballroom) and I found the venue to be very spacious. Great staff too. I'm surprised people think so ill of it, honestly.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 12:27 AM   #25
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Tickets for the boston show will be available the weekend after labor day.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 07:22 AM   #26
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I can't say I'm all too familiar with it since I only saw Boredoms there once, but the one time I was there, the sound was fantastic (I believe I'm sensitive to this sort of thing since I know I HATE the sound at Webster Hall and Bowery Ballroom) and I found the venue to be very spacious. Great staff too. I'm surprised people think so ill of it, honestly.

I was only there once, and it was a band I didn't really like, so I wouldn't know about the sound. But if the sound ends up being good here, then it's worth it. The sound in the upper level of United Palace was not the best.
Old 08.18.2009, 08:50 AM   #27
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
easy to get to. I've only been there twice since it opened. Security can be a little tough, the pat downs at the door. also remember the Boredoms show the constat flashlight waving by the security to put your cameras down? that was a little much. Should be one hell of a show though. you should come from Europe, China or whatever.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 07:08 PM   #28
puddlesplasher
empty page

puddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's assespuddlesplasher kicks all y'all's asses
I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr are my absolute favourite bands. I actually went to NYC in June/July just to see both bands.

I had another trip to NYC planned in October, but I have actually changed my flights and rescheduled the whole thing just so I can be at the show on November 21st. I am absolutely thrilled!
puddlesplasher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 08:31 PM   #29
BrandNew
empty page

BrandNew has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hey, I saw on ticketmaster there is a presale tomorrow (8/19) at 11am. Is there a password for this? Does anyone know it? This is a show I CANT miss!
BrandNew is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2009, 10:24 PM   #30
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

A bunch of us should get together for dinner before the show. Who's interested?
Old 08.19.2009, 12:38 AM   #31
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
i saw cat power play there last year (i think) and the sound was garbage. security were a bunch of dickbags too. it is a huge place though and it's GA so don't worry about the presale. 2 kick ass bands on the saturday before thanksgiving. now there's something to be thankful for.
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 06:32 AM   #32
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
A bunch of us should get together for dinner before the show. Who's interested?

Me!
Old 08.19.2009, 06:36 AM   #33
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
<-- Me too!

Perhaps we can go to a diner or something? There are plenty in that area.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 08:37 AM   #34
replacements75
empty page

replacements75 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Though I have only been to one show at Terminal 5 where I felt the sound was shit, I have friends that have been to a handful of shows there and they seem to say that the sound problems are a recurring problem. That being said SY and Dinosaur are enough of a reason to draw me back to this venue in the hopes that their massive sound can overcome any of these problems.
replacements75 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 09:40 AM   #35
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
ugh i wanna go. no fucking fair.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 11:18 AM   #36
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
hum, I'm down for having a beer or something to eat, post show might be better idea? but whatever is consensus I'll go along.

from what I heard sound quality is an issue if you're up on the 2nd or 3rd level...
Old 08.19.2009, 11:25 AM   #37
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
hum, I'm down for having a beer or something to eat, post show might be better idea? but whatever is consensus I'll go along.

from what I heard sound quality is an issue if you're up on the 2nd or 3rd level...

Is it general admission? Cuz I assume that most of us will be getting their early anyway.

If we meet up afterward, I know a couple of cheaper places downtown where we can all grab a bite to eat and a couple of drinks....

Old 08.19.2009, 11:36 AM   #38
Georgekrz
stalker

well I definitely want to be close to the stage...

tickets on sale now, fan club password is eternal

SY has a fan club? did not know that...
Old 08.19.2009, 11:59 AM   #39
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

wait, WHAT? where are they on sale

Old 08.19.2009, 12:00 PM   #40
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Ticketmaster

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth