Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.11.2008, 05:58 PM   #3321
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

And a CD of 1920s music from Baghdad. And an Um Kalthum record. And a skiffle compilation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 07:09 PM   #3323
al shabbray

o rourke - long night

(waiting for the arrival of it)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 06:52 AM   #3324
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Drive Like Jehu - Really Fucking Blow

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 07:27 AM   #3325
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe

Moshe, tell me about this one?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 09:41 AM   #3326
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

I bought a live CD of theirs recently and like it a lot. How is this?
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 10:02 AM   #3327
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Moshe, tell me about this one?

I'm still waiting for my mail order.
In the mean time this can give you an idea:

Biographyby Steve HueyOne of the earliest large-group endeavors attempted in the European free jazz movement, the Globe Unity Orchestra was founded by German pianist Alexander Von Schlippenbach in 1966, at first for the specific purpose of performing his composition "Globe Unity," which was commissioned for the Berliner Jazztage. Initially, the 19-piece orchestra combined saxophonist Peter Brotzmann's trio and trumpeter Manfred Schoof's quintet with a phalanx of other early giants of European free jazz (mostly from Germany); they included, among many others, trombonist Albert Mangelsdorff, woodwind players Gunter Hampel and Willem Breuker, vibist Karl Berger, bassists Buschi Niebergall and Peter Kowald, and drummers Jaki Liebezeit (of the rock group Can) and Sven-Åke Johansson. The initial performance was a historic and rousingly cacophonous success, and Von Schlippenbach kept the group going, serving as its musical director for most of the next two decades. Naturally, the membership fluctuated quite a bit; by the early '70s, the group had more of a British presence, with players like guitarist Derek Bailey, saxophonist Evan Parker, and trombonists Malcolm Griffiths and Paul Rutherford, plus trumpeter Kenny Wheeler and drummer Han Bennink. Von Schlippenbach left for a bit in 1971, but returned the following year, and the group began playing outside of Germany more often beginning in 1974, which also marked the point at which more of their music was preserved on record (much of it on FMP). As the orchestra evolved, it relied less and less on structured arrangements, eventually becoming completely free. However, since a 20th-anniversary celebration and recording session, the group has mostly been silent.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 10:06 AM   #3328
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses

Asbestoscape - s/t
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2008, 01:54 PM   #3329
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i just ordered beefheart's grow fins boxset, so yeah, real stoked about this.

also, i found a goldmine of stiff little fingers casettes the other day. as ive been venting about this week, ive recently been rediscovering all the great pure rock music that i in some cases swore off when i poledged my allegiance to wierder and noisier sounds. in most cases i didnt sell anything, and thank god, because i dont know where id be if i didnt have some of these records still, because without totally forgetting about all the wierd/post/whatevs punk, no wave, free jazz, noise rock, harsh noise/pe, drone, dark ambient, etc..., ive totally been getting obsessed with the classic 60s and 70s rock, dylan type folk, early/pop punk, and whatever, just the real popular great rock albums. i did sell some records that i wish i still had though, and stiff little fingers is definitley one of them. theyre like one of the angriest bands ive ever heard. not as angry as like, the angry samoans, but definitley angry than minor threat. i mean, these were dudes who were living in ireland during the times of the ira, just watching thier country be ripped apart. so they were totally pissed. and i was thinking about how much i loved them when i was 13 without even thinking about the angry political side of the band and realizing thatd id appreciate them now just as much if not more knowing this was a serious, but still funny about thier seriousness, band. so anyways, i was looking at our local punk store (toxic ranch) and was scoping the cassettes, because theyre dirt cheap, and you can find some excellent driving tunes if you look hard enough (granted you gotta casette player). but this day, i found a fucking mother load. a whole ton of the early stiff little fingers casettes! they cost me 12 dollars all together and i got:
inflammable material
nobodys heros
now then
go for it

oh yeah, and i also found branca's 'symphony no.6' on used cd. so, an excellent day indeed.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2008, 02:03 PM   #3330
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.13.2008, 04:49 PM   #3331
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
That is another totally killer cover for something I don't recognise. What is it?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 02:38 AM   #3332
repeater
bad moon rising

repeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's asses

bought this on sauturday, and have only given it a couple of spins so far, but it sounds great. its just two long songs (side 1 and side 2, but might as well just be one long jam) Very krauty. Nice artwork too.
repeater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 09:21 AM   #3333
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the original silence-the second original silence

another live recordings of thurston, o'rourke, and gustaffson doing diskaholics type avant noise jazz.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2008, 07:18 PM   #3334
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
This picture disappeared? It was Groovie Ghoulies' MONSTER CLUB.

Old 09.16.2008, 05:36 AM   #3335
Thor Anders Aase
little trouble girl

Thor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's assesThor Anders Aase kicks all y'all's asses
Motorpsycho: Little Lucid Moments
Old 09.17.2008, 07:13 AM   #3336
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Old 09.17.2008, 08:05 AM   #3337
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
No Curses Here by Noe Venable
Old 09.17.2008, 11:52 PM   #3338
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
KVOTERINGEN -VIDRIG MASKINELL FRAMFART 7 INCH
KIDS - S/T (great old belgium 77 punk rock n roll band. check them out! i just got into them from this girl that i'm kind of dating) LP
REGULATIONS - DIFFERENT NEEDS 7 INCH
MODERAT LIKVIDATION - NEVER MIND THE BOOTLEGS CD
AMDI PETERSEN'S ARME - BLOD SER MERE VIRKLIGT UD DA FILM 7 INCH
CIVIL VICTIM - S/T 7 INCH
STAGNATION - DESTRACTION 7 INCH

i just ordered all that from havoc records.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2008, 01:24 AM   #3339
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Body Language EP - Monotonix
Dubnobasswithmyheadman - Underworld
Old 09.18.2008, 03:59 PM   #3340
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
the jam- in the city, this is the modern world and all mod cons remastered editions on cd.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
117157164165166 167 168169170177217267 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth