Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page i saw the locust the other night
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2007, 07:56 AM   #1
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
and they were just... oh my god...

have never seen anyone play their instruments like that before. totally calculated and insane.

AND i got a pic with justin pearson too. a BIG moment for me. what a nice guy.
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2007, 07:56 AM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by musefreek
i saw the locust the other night

you poor thing.............
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2007, 09:07 AM   #3
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by musefreek
and they were just... oh my god...

have never seen anyone play their instruments like that before. totally calculated and insane.

AND i got a pic with justin pearson too. a BIG moment for me. what a nice guy.

I saw them about a week ago, i was disappointed. I really like their records but the live sound was a bit too much. The opener "Otto von Schirach" totally blew them away.
It was a great night anyways.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2007, 09:42 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hmm. How can I put this while still being nice... See, I was thinking of ways to comment on this.. "the locust are a joke band." or "i'm sorry." or whatever.

but all "critical analysis" aside...the locust happen to play a style of music i don't particularly care for, but in a live environment they are pretty entertaining; it's just a pure sensory overload, and it's also interesting to note that they are INDEED quite talented (not so much the keyboard player.. but the fucking drummer is amazing, of course!). i'm not a fan of their music at all, dismissing it as a mere triviality and novelty, but experiencing it as a quick burst of noise live is probably the way to go. i've heard everything they've done, and with the exception of that ipecac ep (not a fan of the new album at ALL, I think it's the worst thing they've ever done), i can't really get into what they're doing. i thought they were cool when i was in 8th grade because it was "a dude screaming over scifi keyboards!" Now I realize that they're probably capable of writing really really good interesting music -- they just don't.

But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I reccomend people seeing em live if they have nothing better to do.. I saw them, Erase Errata, and Lightning Bolt once... guess which band was the best that night.

Oh.. and whoo, OTTO VON SCHIRACH!

Oh, and if you want to see a band who are a bit more insane and calculated than the Locust, check out Behold the Arctopus or Orthrelm.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2007, 09:56 AM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
The live show is crazy entertaining but I wouldn't buy their albums or pay to go to see them.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth