Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Mouse on Mars in 2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2010, 07:25 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Hadn't seen that before

Quote:
Andi and Jan are currently in the studio to work on a new Mouse on Mars album. A source says: "Mouse on Mars are writing their most exciting new stuff for years - possibly decades. Playing mostly in clubs over the recent years has got the creative juices flowing like hot lava. They have got a load of skweee-y companies sniffing around!"
http://www.mouseonmars.com/ic/page/1...ws_detail.html

This is great news! I saw them in November 2008 and they were really mindblowing, probably the best electronic gig I've ever been to so far (it could change in March and April when I'm seeing Autechre...). They began with two minutes of weird sounds and rhythms, and then it was straight techno for an hour and a half, mercyless, really killing, with distorded, acid sounds. They played a 10-minute version of Actionist Respoke with that high pitched vocal sample coming over and over everywhere - mindblowing. So yeah, definitely eager to this one. Especially since skweee can be really awesome (skweee artists were also playing before them when I saw them, and it was very good as well)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2010, 03:53 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
can't wait, I'm a big fan of everything they've done.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth