Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2010, 12:58 PM   #9421
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ahh, my mistake. then he has not learned anything.

ha!
Old 01.25.2010, 03:49 PM   #9422
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Absolutely I've seen A Place in the Sun. Excellent movie as were all of Monty's movies. Elizabeth at her most stunning period and Shelly deserved what she got. What's really cool is the ending wasn't typical hollywood for those days

I watched it last night and was very disappointed. Monty overdid the brooding to such a laughable extent, it bordered on parody. Shelly's performance was stilted and amateurish, very much like most of the other actors. The only saving grace for the movie is Elizabeth Taylor. I felt she carried the movie with her exemplary, natural performance. I wasn't even that impressed with the direction. A highly overrated movie.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 04:19 PM   #9423
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Oh my God, KIS disagreed with me about a movie how will I ever sleep tonight? What could I have been thinking when I watched the movie....
Old 01.25.2010, 04:33 PM   #9424
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Saw this again

Even better the second time. It allows the eye to absorb so much more.
10/10

i tired of tarantino a long time ago but i might rent this shit eventually just to get it out of the way

kill bill was such a crap derivative AND ridiculous movie that the sole idea of paying to see his shit gives me rashes. he's too much the video store clerk to ever do anything other than quote, sometimes cleverly, sometimes horribly, but you never know, so i might give him another chance just because.

speaking of quotations, the trailer reeked of "the dirty dozen", but lee marvin >>>> prettyboy with moustache
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 12:49 AM   #9425
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Symbol man, as a non-Tarantino (and a non-Kill Bill) fan for the most part, I must say that Basterds is actually pretty decent. It has really uncomfortable, awkward, weird changes of tone in it, especially in the first 30 minutes or so, that didn't sit well with me. It's messy. It takes a while to find its voice, but its nearly always an enjoyable mess. Inspired direction, a SOMEWHAT mature narrative, and some weird little touches (the guitar riff introducing one of the Basterds, for example) kept this movie feeling alive and fun, even with the grim tone. The star of this movie isn't Brad Pitt, it's Christoph Waltz, who hopefully will win plenty of awards for this role. He's just amazing. On the other hand, Eli Roth looks so out of place in this that it's ridiculous. He took me out of every scene where he had to speak. He was so bad. I mean, he was AWFUL. Embarassing. Almost ruined the movie... Wow... Anyway, it's nice how Tarantino casts "big" actors and he doesn't even devote screen time to them for some of the chapters (very Godardian; see Tout Va Bien with Jane Fonda...). Also, I like how about 80% of the dialogue is subtitled... it seems like Tarantino actually somewhat respects the intelligence of his audience. Or, perhaps, he just doesn't give a shit... Also, one conversation that goes on for a good 30 minutes was an example of just amazing writing and filmmaking and one of the most memorable scenes in recent mainstream cinema.. In fact, he often stretches some of the dialogue well past the breaking point. Also, the music, either by Morricone or by the best Morricone imitator in history (too lazy to look it up currently), is mindblowing, though it doesn't really fit some of the scenes. So, yeah, this definitely exceeded my expectations, and it didn't even feel like Tarantino at times, which is probably why it ended up being good.

I'm not a fan of war movies, or Tarantino, and I liked it, so hey.

I had to make a list of my favorite directors for an interview I did recently, so here it is, for anyone interested: Jean-Luc Godard, Damon Packard, Takeshi Kitano, James Fotopoulos, Jon Jost, Shuji Terayama, Toshio Matsumoto, Bella Tarr, Aki Kaurismaki, Jon Moritsugu, Ryan Trecartin, Alejandro Jodorowsky, George Kuchar, Derek Jarman, Ki-Duk Kim, Shinya Tsukamoto, Giuseppe Andrews, Stan Brakhage.. and the Coens.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:13 AM   #9426
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Adam, are you still filming with a webcam?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:25 AM   #9427
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses

Eden Valley, by Amber Films. 10/10. There are numerous, strong, uniquely personal, reasons why I'm heavily biased to be effected by this film, but still, it's fantastic, a minor masterpiece even, and if you have any interest at all in British social realism then I heartily suggest that you watch it. Or even better, their other masterpiece, In Fading Light. Shilling over.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:36 AM   #9428
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Adam, are you still filming with a webcam?

I moved up in the world! To a JAZZ DV152, a nearly-$30 camera!

I think it looks pretty cool (trailer for my new film):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgaPJY1io4

I hardly add any effects, just play with contrast/brightness.

...My friend has a $1500 hi-def JVC camera he is selling soon, he'll sell it to me for $100 he said, so I'm going to finally be moving up sometime this year..

BUT I will still use this lo-fi toy, a webcam, and my VHS recorder too because they all add interesting visuals. It's nice to have an assortment of tools.

Old 01.26.2010, 02:06 AM   #9429
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

schramm - 9/10

Loved it, brilliant!

Old 01.26.2010, 04:58 AM   #9430
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Jennifer's Body

Would've benefited from less tacky CGI, and some actual nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I moved up in the world! To a JAZZ DV152, a nearly-$30 camera!

I think it looks pretty cool (trailer for my new film):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgaPJY1io4

I hardly add any effects, just play with contrast/brightness.

...My friend has a $1500 hi-def JVC camera he is selling soon, he'll sell it to me for $100 he said, so I'm going to finally be moving up sometime this year..

BUT I will still use this lo-fi toy, a webcam, and my VHS recorder too because they all add interesting visuals. It's nice to have an assortment of tools.

Haha, nice!

I bought a used JVC off of a friend (well, former co-worker...) too. It's not hi-def though, and cost me $150. But it DOES have a hard drive on it, which makes transferring files a breeze.

My school has plenty of hi-def cameras that they loan out for free to students (only $25 flat fee after I graduate). I'll most likely check one out for my next film.
Old 01.26.2010, 07:35 AM   #9431
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Oh my God, KIS disagreed with me about a movie how will I ever sleep tonight? What could I have been thinking when I watched the movie....

We can't agree on everything.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 10:57 AM   #9432
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i do like fight club but i think i don't like chuck pallaniuk, he seems to me that he's trying to be ballard for dummies.

i haven't read anything by him completely yet, i have only seen fc and choke (meh, promised failed).

yeah. Shakespeare sucks too. I mean, I've never read any of his books, but Keanu Reeves was terrible in Much Ado.
Old 01.27.2010, 04:45 PM   #9433
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Audition - 7/10
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 05:07 PM   #9434
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Anyone else see this? I fell asleep watching it last night.
Old 01.27.2010, 05:39 PM   #9435
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
while returning mvies at the Walgreen's Red Box machine, I stood next to two young adults, discussing which movies they should get.
The girl was looking at all the pictures of movie covers and she said "what about that movie? Across The hall? with Brittany Murphy?"
Her man said "Is it scary?"
and she replied, "It looks scary!"

This is the cover they referred to.

Now, does this not look like the most UN-scary, stupid piece of trite shit ever made? Come on.....
Old 01.27.2010, 05:43 PM   #9436
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Me and the fiancee watched Public Enemies

we turned it offf around 50 minutes in.
FUCKING BORING SUCK.
most of it is filmed through a yellow lens so as to make you think it is describing "old" events.
so shitty. right off the bat I thought, "did I miss something? did I accidentally fast forward this?"
nope, they jkust jump into bullshit with no reason for anyone watchingto care.

and then he meets some chick, and it becomes this ridiculous stupid boring love story.
then batman is in charge of hunting him down and billy cruddup is playing J Edgar Hoover, and looking fucking pathetic.

Just plain suck.

I give it a 1/10
Old 01.27.2010, 06:29 PM   #9437
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ I drove past some filming areas while they were shooting this. I haven't watched it...

I watched Begotten.....That shit was cool for like the first 20 minutes...the rest....was......umm.........kind of boring.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 07:58 PM   #9438
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Begotten is a masterpiece. Watch it on acid! Last 5 minutes are mindblowing beyond belief.

Old 01.27.2010, 11:16 PM   #9439
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Begotten is a masterpiece. Watch it on acid! Last 5 minutes are mindblowing beyond belief.

fuck yeh. Next time I grab some...I just might.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.28.2010, 05:16 AM   #9440
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

This film quickly reminds me why it is my absolute favorite, every time I watch it.
422462469470471 472 473474475482522572972 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth