Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2014, 09:29 AM   #5761
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Have you noticed how Gerrard's been going all out recently, trying to cultivate the Alonso look?

It's like Rodgers has told him, he's getting on a bit and should play deeper, like Alonso, and he's taken the whole comparison way too far.

He wishes. Still don't get why Liverpool ever let Alonso go.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 10:17 AM   #5762
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
How Chelsea-Arsenal ended without a red card is a mystery. Surprised Wenger and Mourinho weren't sent to the stands either, after their little tussle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNStWCtp5g

Costa and Fabregas have to be the best signings of the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
He wishes. Still don't get why Liverpool ever let Alonso go.

Don't laugh, but apparently Benitez wanted to replace him with Gareth Barry, who never even went there in the end.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 10:26 AM   #5763
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ i saw that push and it was hilarious. still, mourinho won on the pitch, the little fucker.

caught the chelsea/arsenal game in bits and pieces, and as usual (since i've been watching them) arsenal seemed to lack teeth. ozil pretty awful or am i wrong? terrible whenever i saw him anyway, losing balls like he had a repelling forcefield around him.

have no more brains left for west ham/ qpr. though i noticed rio ferdinand has been pretty heavily demoted. oh, 1-0! well congrats, hand or no hand.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 12:54 PM   #5764
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How Chelsea-Arsenal ended without a red card is a mystery. Surprised Wenger and Mourinho weren't sent to the stands either, after their little tussle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNStWCtp5g

Costa and Fabregas have to be the best signings of the summer.

Don't laugh, but apparently Benitez wanted to replace him with Gareth Barry, who never even went there in the end.

I like Barry, I like him a lot, but would I have him above Alonso? Non.

Im looking forward to the MOTD highlights for the Chelsea game. Is there a chance they could do the double?

Old 10.05.2014, 02:53 PM   #5765
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
getting off the prem for a second here. how do you think the neymar-messi-suarez lineup is gonna work. im salivating at the prospect.... I know there's alot of ego there but they are all willing passers too. I can't believe Suarez's first game back is going to be against Madrid. The drama!

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 03:06 PM   #5766
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
getting off the prem for a second here. how do you think the neymar-messi-suarez lineup is gonna work. im salivating at the prospect.... I know there's alot of ego there but they are all willing passers too. I can't believe Suarez's first game back is going to be against Madrid. The drama!

i think it's going to be insane, and most of the planet will want to watch

thanks for the reminder

oct 25?
Old 10.05.2014, 03:46 PM   #5767
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
getting off the prem for a second here. how do you think the neymar-messi-suarez lineup is gonna work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and most of the planet will want to watch

Fuck those Ninjaz

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 04:11 PM   #5768
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Fuck those Ninjaz

dead don't fuck!

=======

la liga question:

real madrid #4 atlético de madrid #5

how come?
Old 10.05.2014, 04:43 PM   #5769
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dead don't fuck!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...58_634x429.jpg

=======

la liga question:

real madrid #4 atlético de madrid #5

how come?

Madrid started the season pretty shakey actually. Lost a few games when they were incorporating new players. They seem to have hit some sort of stride now unfortunately. Atletico is just not the team it was last year. Still very good. But the loss of Costa, Courtois, and Luis (all to chelsea might a mention) has been tough to compensate for.

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2014, 05:00 PM   #5770
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Madrid started the season pretty shakey actually. Lost a few games when they were incorporating new players. They seem to have hit some sort of stride now unfortunately. Atletico is just not the team it was last year. Still very good. But the loss of Costa, Courtois, and Luis (all to chelsea might a mention) has been tough to compensate for.

yeeeees! thank you. i remember some bits (dimaria's last-minute flight to man u) and others i hadn't noticed (e.g. courtois, filipe luis).

i should check out one of real madrid's CL games on replay just so i can see their new squad. atlético didn't do half bad vs. juve!

========

PS- I MISSED ROMA/JUVE!!!!! juve won 3-2. pirlo played!! oh man i should have tried to catch that.
Old 10.07.2014, 03:41 AM   #5771
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
God I hate the international break. No Prem for a week and the papers trying to find something interesting to say about games against San Marino and Estonia. Love the tournaments but these extended qualifiers are a joke.
Old 10.07.2014, 11:35 AM   #5772
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
God I hate the international break. No Prem for a week and the papers trying to find something interesting to say about games against San Marino and Estonia. Love the tournaments but these extended qualifiers are a joke.

i haven't checked to see what qualifiers are coming up but i'm sure there'll be something worth checking (not san marino).

speaking of estonia, i miss big countries for football-- yugoslavia used to be a respectable football power until they splintered and started exporting refugees. the soviets were more powerful than russia.

anyway, if you have netflix *online*, they have these "30 for 30" ESPN documentaries. i am in the middle of watching one called "soccer stories" that pieces together things like: chile in the 1974 qualifiers (playing in a stadium holding political prisoners undergoing torture), maradona '86 (the hand of god and everything else), the loughinisland massacre, and other stuff like that (it's 2+ hours of short films). check it out if you can while your qualifying group bores you.
Old 10.07.2014, 01:11 PM   #5773
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Cheers. Don't have netflix but I'll see if I can find the Maradona one, especially.

The qualifiers have expanded, thanks to UEFA's stupid obsession with including more countries in the Euros and the CL. The unintentional result is it's now almost impossible for the bigger teams not to qualify. They know they can now afford to lose against each other, so long as they beat the minnows. If only Platini & co could embrace the 'if it aint broke' concept.

On a brighter note, Roy Keane's beard.

Old 10.07.2014, 02:22 PM   #5774
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i had to google the shipwreck's name (i was familiar with his name but not with his whole story). now i see he played in that 1994 world cup of the halftime massacre.

the chile piece is great too. damn! some players were big allende supporters. fifa as usual doing their awful shit. extremely watchable.
Old 10.07.2014, 04:15 PM   #5775
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Grantland has a great article about Meh-ssi

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.07.2014, 06:25 PM   #5776
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Grantland has a great article about Meh-ssi

awesome. thanks. the link wasn't in the front page so i did a search & found 2! (2 recent ones). the latest one is great, the old videos are fantastic, excellent writing too.

http://grantland.com/?s=messi
Old 10.09.2014, 04:53 AM   #5777
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, great article. Thanks. Feels weird that we're now talking about him almost retrospectively.
Old 10.09.2014, 06:45 AM   #5778
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

He's only bloody 27!

Old 10.09.2014, 11:35 AM   #5779
demonrail666
invito al cielo

That's what I mean.
Old 10.09.2014, 12:39 PM   #5780
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes but

a) he's been playing top level for 10 years already, which for lesser players it's often a whole career (21-31 or whatever).

b) his reputation for indestructibility was finally put to rest-- messi does get injured. and yes he's not going to croak next year (knock on wood) but at some point his body will start veeery slowly crumbling. i mean look at ribéry at the moment.

c) assuming he pulls a totti/scholes, he could play for another 10 years, so this could be il mezzo del cammin for him-- not a bad time to evaluate your (professional) life if you go by dante.

d) the older we get the faster time passes so yes, it's been that long --- he's been playing 10 years for the senior barça team already. "but it was just yesterday!".
239279286287288 289 290291292299339389 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth