Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mother F*** Dave Mustaine
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.26.2006, 04:07 AM   #1
ronnierubbish
empty page

ronnierubbish has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, yeah. I probably deserve this for liking Megadeth in the first place, but that a$$hole Dave Mustaine banned me from the 'Deth boards. Why, you ask? Because he just released a censored DVD (music videos and interviews were all bleeped), the packaging of which contained no warning of this, and some us were talking about it on the boards. That's it!

We were simply asking one another why/how this happened. Was it Dave (who's a born-again Christian) who ordered the "bad" words removed? The record company? What's up -- that's all we were talking about. And what do we get after being screwed by him once already? ... Banned!

That's okay. Now I can devote my full attention to the Sonics!

Old 03.26.2006, 05:45 AM   #2
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, but megadeth suck balls. as for dave mustaine, he is the largest arsefuck i know of in music. apparently after he fired his drummer, he banned him even using the megadeth name when talking about his previous work. so, he wasnt allowed to advertise the fact he used to drum for megadeth when he put out classifieds...

how in the name of fuck can you justify that?
Old 03.26.2006, 05:55 AM   #3
ronnierubbish
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor dan
how in the name of fuck can you justify that?

Neither I nor Mr. Mustaine can justify that. I sincerely enjoy Megadeth's pre-Countdown to Extinction output, though, and for that reason still hold out some hope for them -- kind of like how Pinkerton fans are still waiting for Weezer to return to glory. In both cases, I'm afraid, it just ain't happenin'.

Anyway, I had heard all the stories about how Dave was an asshole; I guess I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But now he's given me a reason to jump ship. Eh.
Old 03.26.2006, 06:03 AM   #4
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
going to the Mekhaadet message board and listening to their albums was yr biggest mistake.
Old 03.26.2006, 06:09 AM   #5
Signpost
stalker

Signpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's assesSignpost kicks all y'all's asses
Megadeth is one of the worst bands i've ever heard.
And banning peple for such reason is stupid.
Old 03.26.2006, 09:04 AM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnierubbish
kind of like how Pinkerton fans are still waiting for Weezer to return to glory

kind of like SY fans hoping for a return to pre-nurse glory aswell maybe?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 09:33 AM   #7
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I'm confused- you've been banned merely for questioning why it was censored? I can't think of even one logical reason for that.

Yeah, yeah. I probably deserve this for liking Megadeth in the first place, but that a$$hole Dave Mustaine banned me from the 'Deth boards.

Well...yeah, you probably do. No offense haha
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 09:55 AM   #8
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Why do so much people hate Megadeth? I really like their music. Its metal that doesnt get boring and has some talent. I like them better than Metallica.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 10:01 AM   #9
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
I used to listen to megadeth when i was big into metal, there's a famous story back in northern ireland about him being a stupid idiot.

Megadeth were playing in this leisure centre (forget exactly where) in a heavily protestant community some time in the late 80s, everything was going well until they come out for the encore and he says something like 'this is for the irish cause' and starts playing anarchy in the uk. Needless to say there were fucking riots breaking out and megadeth had to go lock themselves in their tour bus and get the fuck out of there before they were killed.
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 10:06 AM   #10
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
every ones down with free speach until it ofends them.

Old 03.26.2006, 10:18 AM   #11
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Remember the Megadeth music video where Dave Mustane is in the corner of a padded room and there are all these other Dave Mustanes' kicking him?
Oh Dave Mustane, your so crazy yet deep like the well.

silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 10:19 AM   #12
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

skin o' my teeth I think it is.

Old 03.26.2006, 11:08 AM   #13
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
How many other people has he banned 'cos of this?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 11:48 AM   #14
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

I dont also think that its really dave doing the banning.

Old 03.26.2006, 01:10 PM   #15
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
nah, that video is sweating bullets i think, because the lyrics on that one go "hello me, meet the real me" and so on

yeah, when it comes to metal, you can't really top 80's megadeth, they are awesome. but you like megadeth in spite of dave mustaine, kinda like liking bad brains in spite of them being raging assholes

but that's not megadeth anymore anyway, it's dave plus some people he found at the christian equivalent of m.i.t. it's the dave mustaine show and that's crappy

and what did you talk about in the megadeth board? "metallica suck!"? "nu metal is gay"?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 04:44 PM   #16
ronnierubbish
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
How many other people has he banned 'cos of this?

I can't be sure -- Megadeth's boards are set up in such a way that you can't even see the posts unless you're signed in (and, for obvious reasons, I can't sign in). They run a tight ship over there, and I have no idea who else has been banned. My guess is that everyone who was discussing the censorship topic got the boot.

What's ironic is that Dave once wrote a song called "Hook in Mouth," in which he talked about the beauty of free speech and how evil people like those in the PMRC are. Oh, Dave ...
Old 03.26.2006, 04:45 PM   #17
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
didnt dave mustaine actually die as a result of his drug use? i mean his heart actually stopped beating, maybe those few minutes where his brain was starved of oxygen really took there toll.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 05:04 PM   #18
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Now that he's a bornagain, he should rename the band Megalife
(or MegaLyfe/Megalyf).

Choose life, baby!!!

what a prick though. did anybody see his whiny ass in that 'tallica doc? oh man I wish they showed him talking to james too instead of just lars. Talk about an awkward conversation...

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2006, 05:12 PM   #19
soniczev
empty page

soniczev has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
(or MegaLyfe/Megalyf).

Choose life, baby!!!

what a prick though. did anybody see his whiny ass in that 'tallica doc? oh man I wish they showed him talking to james too instead of just lars. Talk about an awkward conversation...

He should just change it to MegaChrist and the Nails
Old 03.26.2006, 07:53 PM   #20
ronnierubbish
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
(or MegaLyfe/Megalyf).

And this is why I love you guys.

~ron

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth