Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm quitting my band
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.03.2007, 12:14 AM   #21
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall91
we're not just a cover band, we are the only all-girl motley crue coverband in the world.

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh, man!!! That's hilarious!!!!! I would love to see that. I hate Motley Crue, but I'd love to see women covering some of the most sexist, mysoginstic songs ever made. Iiiiiiironyyyyyy.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 12:33 AM   #22
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Whatrraya called? Girls,Girls,Girls: A Tribute To Motley Crue?

Post some clips sometime if you can! They were my faves in '85!

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 09:36 AM   #23
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Whatrraya called? Girls,Girls,Girls

yes, that is exactly what we are called, though i usually throw after it "NYC'S best and only all-girl tribute to Motley Crue." here is our myspace shall you want to befriend us:
www.myspace.com/girlsgirlsgirlsnyc

I can already play Piece of Your Action but the rest of the band doesn't know it yet. I'm the only diehard in the band Have not met any of them... yet. I think you already know the lengths I go to to meet my idols! This will take off, and they indeed will know who we are in good time. No clips available yet. We did video our singer auditions, but the sound quality was really bad in the room we were in when we picked our Vixen Neil who just quit. Sound quality was better with the tryouts who didn't make it, but I would rather not put anything up where we don't sound as awesome as we are. Right now we're thinking of recording some instrumentals to help us in our search for a singer. We'll see what happens. As soon as we do, they'll be up on the page.

Patty, aka Nikita Seis
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 10:21 AM   #24
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
well Thrasher02, any advancements on the whole band breaking up thing?
Old 02.03.2007, 10:22 AM   #25
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to tell him today in person. It'll be our last rehearsal.
I wonder how he's going to react.

Pfff I'm nervous.
Old 02.03.2007, 10:38 AM   #26
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
I'm going to tell him today in person. It'll be our last rehearsal.
I wonder how he's going to react.

Pfff I'm nervous.

i know, its not easy. just say it straight out, you'll be amazed at how relived you'll feel afterwards - its for the best.
Old 02.03.2007, 11:17 AM   #27
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
haha bands really are like a relationship. And its scary kicking someone out, because you fear "maybe ill never find someone else", but dont worry, plenty of other Rock fish in the sea.....get it...ROCK fish..BAHHAA :P
Old 02.03.2007, 11:34 AM   #28
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
maybe you can put it to him that if he practices more, maybe eventually he can get back in. that puts the onus on him to sort of prove himself if he really wants it. maybe you just have different goals.

i hope that you're kicking him out vs. you quitting. if he's the one who's not putting the time in, you shouldn't have to quit. on the flip side, if you do quit and you start your own band, you're in more control over finding exactly what you're looking for.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 01:19 PM   #29
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Well, hopefully it works out... My consists of my friend's lil brother on drums and his friend on bass or gtr depending on what I'm playing... and we've practiced like 3 times, and not since oct because their in highschool and it's hard to work schedules out (and I was working heavy on my 4-track for to get my cd done0... but now we've decided to jam again, which should turn out awesome, I hope. All the other ones were.

Also-- has anyone ever had success with putting up a flyer asking for band members? I put one up saying I wanted to start a punk band and got 0 replies. What the hell people.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 01:39 PM   #30
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i get to jam bassicly everyday, its pretty rad, its more of a jam band though. My brother on drums, and Thor on bass and me on the geet and who ever singing.
I want to get this girl to come drum, but she is to shy,very annoying.
Old 02.03.2007, 05:57 PM   #31
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnntt aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 06:59 PM   #32
heavium
bad moon rising

heavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's assesheavium kicks all y'all's asses
oh noes ! you quit ?

join one of mine. ;-)

you'll have to travel back and forth tho, hehe

but seriously.. if you're looking for a band, try to join one where the other musicians are more experienced..you'll learn a lot, after my high school band split i did this audition for a semi-pro band, those guys were ten years older than me (some almost twenty years older) but all very experienced, i stayed in that band for a mere couple of months but i did learn more in those few months than in those three years with my high school band;
heavium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 10:04 AM   #33
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
Because of the bass-player. He's a great guy but he's by far the most untalented muscisian I've ever met. He can't even play the easiest things without fucking up. The bad part is that there aren't any other bass players around here with the same musical interests. So how am I supposed to tell him this without making him pissed?

cant you just get a new bass player? or at just be a two piece?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 12:06 PM   #34
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Patty,

That's funny as hell.
Nikiti Seis?

HAHA.

Hayden
Old 02.05.2007, 02:11 PM   #35
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i've been thinking about doing the same thing. we recently drafted a friend of ours to play drums, mostly because i was juggling saxophone, drums, and electronics at the same time too often (and also because he has a truck), but he doesn't have a lick of music in his bones and can't play outside of a 4/4 rock rhythm and has no concept of tension or repose in music or anything like that. also, at times it feels like our singer is just keeping us for his back up band or something like that when his singing and same method of guitar playing may be what scares people away from us. everyone says that i'm wasting my time with this and that i should focus on doing solo work or working with someone different. i don't know.

the moral of the story? take his bass and kill him.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2007, 02:15 PM   #36
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
So, are you gonna update us on how it went down or are you gonna leave us hanging?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth