Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Michael Richards uses the naughty "n" word.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2006, 02:53 AM   #21
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
This is just a publicity stunt.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 03:32 AM   #22
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
lets switch places, white guy in the balcony heckling chris rock.
chris rock flys of the handle and starts blurting derogatory comments about crackers and whiteys and that kinda deal

wouldnt be as big a deal.

you look like a closet racist.

2 wrongs don't make a right. if someone calls you a "cracker-ass", that doesn't give you a reason to express racist comments and have it be "acceptable".

racism is not acceptable nor should it regardless of color of skin.

there is a big difference between Chris Rock making fun of the way a white guy dances or plays basketball and Michael Richards talking about "hanging *iggers by there feet with a fork up their ass".

if you can't see it, then you need help.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 03:37 AM   #23
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
regarding Richards, he looks like a full-on racist in an "old-school" way. it was obvious when he singled out "afro-americans" and how "they should come together in solidarity to fight racism"...it wasn't just african-americans that walked out, it was EVERYBODY. he should've said it was good that "all people regardless of race" come together in solidarity to fight his racist comments and not just single out "afro-americans"(as he put it).
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:04 AM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
why don't you watch the video before you start spouting that sort of rhetoric. he didn't just say the word, he verbally attacked the guys in the crowd.

there isn't any criteria for using the word. if you choose to use it for whatever reason, know the possible ramifications and hope that someone doesn't take it the wrong way and go batshit the way i tend to.

It seems that Reading Comprehension was not one of your best subjects in grade school, since I wrote basically the same thing and then you replied in your admittedly "batshit" way.
Quick question...is "batshit" like "apeshit" and you were just too self-conscious about using "apeshit?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt Q. Einstein
I was about to write something similar (to !@#$%!) like, "I should watch it just to get a sense of the context," but then I stopped myself thinking, "is there an appropriate context?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
It seems that the sole criterion for using that particular word is that one must be black.

This must have been what got you all riled up.
What part of the statement isn't true?
It's correct that no one needs to be saying it, but it's also correct that black people are the only ones that can say it.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:55 AM   #25
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The way to solve this is to think how they'd have handled it in a Seinfeld episode if Kramer had made a similar mistake. For the life of me right now, I can't imagine how they'd have handled it. Hmm...

Jerry: Wow. (with a slightly judgmental smirk) You made a huge mistake, you know.

George: Huge. HUGE!

Kramer: (shaking) I know, Jer. I know!

Elaine: What are you going to DO!!

Kramer: (stammering) I I I don't know. Help me out, guys. Help me OUT!!!

Jerry: (rubbing chin thoughtfully) I don't know. This is a tough one.

George: Tough, TOUGH!

Elaine: You have to do something.

Kramer: What? WHAT?

Jerry: Have you thought of apologizing?

George: Yes, of course. That's brilliant. Apologize!

Kramer: Apologize?

Jerry: Yeah! Apologize.

Kramer: You think it will work?

Jerry: Of course it will work.

.... I don't know. You get the drift?
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 12:03 PM   #26
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
that's a riot!

gotta spead it around
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 12:29 PM   #27
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
It seems that Reading Comprehension was not one of your best subjects in grade school, since I wrote basically the same thing and then you replied in your admittedly "batshit" way.
Quick question...is "batshit" like "apeshit" and you were just too self-conscious about using "apeshit?"

This must have been what got you all riled up.
What part of the statement isn't true?
It's correct that no one needs to be saying it, but it's also correct that black people are the only ones that can say it.

nobody threw a shitfit when george carlin used the word. richards used it in a completely inflammatory way and in a completely different context. that "apeshit" comment wasn't even remotely funny and comes off as a tad racist.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 12:30 PM   #28
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
you look like a closet racist.

2 wrongs don't make a right. if someone calls you a "cracker-ass", that doesn't give you a reason to express racist comments and have it be "acceptable".

racism is not acceptable nor should it regardless of color of skin.

there is a big difference between Chris Rock making fun of the way a white guy dances or plays basketball and Michael Richards talking about "hanging *iggers by there feet with a fork up their ass".

if you can't see it, then you need help.

agreed.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 11.21.2006, 01:08 PM   #29
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-harmony
This is just a publicity stunt.

I sort of got that feeling about it. Like when Andy Kaufman got on David Letterman. But I don't know.

I was kind of disturbed watching the apology. I felt really bad for the guy. He looked like he has been through hell. And people were laughing. There was nothing to laugh about. It was kind of sick and sad. There is no forgiveness in America for doing something he did, and he knew it, and Jerry knew it, and so did David Letterman. He apologized for his actions, but from now on, he is going to carry the stigma of being a racist. Soon enough, they'll probably have Peter on Family Guy watching Seinfeld and Kramer blurting out something racist. They'll probably have SNL jokes about it, etc. He's a guy I know a lot of people have really come to love in his role as Kramer, and to a lesser extent his roles in film, and he's completely defamed himself by a momentary loss of control.

What he did was completely wrong, but I think everyone is capable of doing what he did, which is the really scary thing to me. We still have that hatred inside of all of us, and it may be several generations before it fades away, but of course by then, new hatreds will arise.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 02:23 PM   #30
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Now, I'm sure I'll be called a racist because of this statement, but Golden Child is completely right. Reverse-racism is just as unacceptable as Kramer's comments. It's such a bullshit facade put on by people such as SuchFriends and EyeballGrowth. I mean, when people try to tell me I'm a racist for thinking Nas is a terrible artist THEY are out of line.

In summary, the lot of you are idiots.
Old 11.21.2006, 03:50 PM   #31
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Now, I'm sure I'll be called a racist because of this statement, but Golden Child is completely right. Reverse-racism is just as unacceptable as Kramer's comments. It's such a bullshit facade put on by people such as SuchFriends and EyeballGrowth. I mean, when people try to tell me I'm a racist for thinking Nas is a terrible artist THEY are out of line.

In summary, the lot of you are idiots.

Hayden you are a douche bag,yr so eager to have an opinion that you'll come out sounding like an idiot just so you can argue!
The real Facade is when white people act like they really care when someone calls them "Honkey or Cracker" It doesn't effect white people at all. Have you ever been called a cracker and went home and was deeply bothered by it? No! Because yr white and yr in charge so shut the fuck up, and quite whining just to whine it doesn't affect white people the same way it does other races. And do you know the origin of the wyrds cracker and honkey? Honkey came from white cops who would honk at black people and cracker came from the slave masters who used to crack the whip, so crackers and honkeys are people who oppress black people, Michael Richards is a rat shit eating honkey motherfucker. That's as plain as day, I've been doing more thinking about what he said and the context in which he said it and it is plain racism, not prejudice, it's not based on a stereo type the comments he made are comments of racial superiority. I take back the fact that I accepted apology, fuck that cracker.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 03:53 PM   #32
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

if chris rock went on a tirade and personally attacked audience members, it would've been just as bad and no one would excuse it.

i like nas, but if you don't, i won't call you racist.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 11.21.2006, 03:54 PM   #33
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
Hayden you are a douche bag,yr so eager to have an opinion that you'll come out sounding like an idiot just so you can argue!
The real Facade is when white people act like they really care when someone calls them "Honkey or Cracker" It doesn't effect white people at all. Have you ever been called a cracker and went home and was deeply bothered by it? No! Because yr white and yr in charge so shut the fuck up, and quite whining just to whine it doesn't affect white people the same way it does other races. And do you know the origin of the wyrds cracker and honkey? Honkey came from white cops who would honk at black people and cracker came from the slave masters who used to crack the whip, so crackers and honkeys are people who oppress black people, Michael Richards is a rat shit eating honkey motherfucker. That's as plain as day, I've been doing more thinking about what he said and the context in which he said it and it is plain racism, not prejudice, it's not based on a stereo type the comments he made are comments of racial superiority. I take back the fact that I accepted apology, fuck that cracker.

word to all of this.

and i never accepted that weak ass apology. but he wasn't apologizing to me in the first place, b/c i'm not anyone's "nigger".

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 11.21.2006, 04:11 PM   #34
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

What he did was completely wrong, but I think everyone is capable of doing what he did, which is the really scary thing to me. We still have that hatred inside of all of us, and it may be several generations before it fades away, but of course by then, new hatreds will arise.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Speak for yourself.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 04:25 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you know, the word, whatever, it's been done, it can mean a number of things, what he meant by it, i didn't really follow. what really got to me was the Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a fucking fork up your ass.

a) who the fuck is "we"?

b) does he want to reinstate lynchings?

that to me was incontestably the real fucked up thing to say.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 07:05 PM   #36
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Speak for yourself.

Oh, so you're perfect and harbor no hatred towards anyone and you always say everything completely PC in every single situation.

Everyone has hatred in them, including yourself. If you got really really furious with someone and they got you into a rage not quite into a violent rage, you at this point have enough restraint for your fists but not for your tongue. You'd call them all sorts of acceptable slang- motherfucker, douchebag, etc. But you wouldn't ever in rage call them a cocksucker, fag, kike, nigger, spic, cracker, goop, jap, chink, or something else now would you?

When you are angry with someone, and you can't hit the, you want to assault them with your words, and you will instinctually use anything that you know. Bigot or not, people when angry will often channel society's hateful energy to supplement their own.

But get off your high and mighty fucking horse.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 07:07 PM   #37
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
The way to solve this is to think how they'd have handled it in a Seinfeld episode if Kramer had made a similar mistake. For the life of me right now, I can't imagine how they'd have handled it. Hmm...

Jerry: Wow. (with a slightly judgmental smirk) You made a huge mistake, you know.

George: Huge. HUGE!

Kramer: (shaking) I know, Jer. I know!

Elaine: What are you going to DO!!

Kramer: (stammering) I I I don't know. Help me out, guys. Help me OUT!!!

Jerry: (rubbing chin thoughtfully) I don't know. This is a tough one.

George: Tough, TOUGH!

Elaine: You have to do something.

Kramer: What? WHAT?

Jerry: Have you thought of apologizing?

George: Yes, of course. That's brilliant. Apologize!

Kramer: Apologize?

Jerry: Yeah! Apologize.

Kramer: You think it will work?

Jerry: Of course it will work.

.... I don't know. You get the drift?
dead on.
Old 11.21.2006, 08:51 PM   #38
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
it's just as bad w/the seinfeld theme:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TNmQq9v-4XU
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:38 PM   #39
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Oh, so you're perfect and harbor no hatred towards anyone and you always say everything completely PC in every single situation.

Everyone has hatred in them, including yourself. If you got really really furious with someone and they got you into a rage not quite into a violent rage, you at this point have enough restraint for your fists but not for your tongue. You'd call them all sorts of acceptable slang- motherfucker, douchebag, etc. But you wouldn't ever in rage call them a cocksucker, fag, kike, nigger, spic, cracker, goop, jap, chink, or something else now would you?

When you are angry with someone, and you can't hit the, you want to assault them with your words, and you will instinctually use anything that you know. Bigot or not, people when angry will often channel society's hateful energy to supplement their own.

But get off your high and mighty fucking horse.

I am on no horse, and do not claim to be perfect, but to say that 'we're all capable of this' and 'We still have that hatred inside of all of us, and it may be several generations before it fades away' is assuming that I have or anyone has an inherent prejudice against a specific race, and its ok to say things like this when you're mad, because you're a hot head. I'm positive my grandpa had more than his share of bad things to say about Poles or Germans, but that doesn't mean I have the same feelings.

Its like saying its ok that people in South can be racist because its so ingrained in their culture and history.

And no, believe it or not, not everyone who gets mad turns to personal attacks against the person their mad at. I don't argue, because chances are it doesn't matter what I say anyway. How many times have you changed your mind because someone told you off?

If someone of any race or nationality, gay, straight, whatever has offended you, they are not a nigger, or a spick, or a fag, they are just a bad person regardless.

"several generations before it fades away". Yes, with your philosophy, you could not be more right.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 11:14 AM   #40
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire

I couldn't bother reading the entire thing at once. Yes, I am a douche bag. Thanks for noticing. I've never been bothered by anything anyone has said to me. Insults are complete shit and should be ignored.

I didn't even watch Kramer's clip. He's an idiot. So what? It's not as if anyone else in hollywood is an acceptable human being.

I hope you realize I wasn't referring to 'honkey' or 'cracker' when I said reverse-racism. I'm talking about the bullshit assuming and shit that goes on by not only minorities but also by idiots of caucasion decent.

I resent being called a racist for not liking certain shitty generic rap music.

Anyways, I didn't mean to come off as a douche bag. It just really bothers me how much press coverage a man who uses the n word gets. It's a tad bit overkill.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth