Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Some Questions for the Christians and overly religious
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.22.2010, 10:23 AM   #61
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Is your avatar a warning for everyone else?

yes, why not?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:23 AM   #62
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston has openly stated that it's sarcastically anti-Catholic, not that this really matters, Sonic Youth on one side or the other isn't lending great strength to that point...

hm
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:24 AM   #63
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Yes, I'm agnostic. You can't have any more intellectual integrity when it comes to God than to be agnostic. But this is also true of the invisible, pink, omni-present elephant I have living in my refrigerator.

Sounds to me like you just drink too much if you are seeing elephants

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:25 AM   #64
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i like the part "i have more intellectual integrity when it comes to god than einstein"

as for catholics, they're obviously wrong. just look at user glice and you can tell.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:25 AM   #65
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
suppose the word in vogue would be agnostic.

The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to knox again.
That was beautiful

Old 11.22.2010, 10:26 AM   #66
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Well I AM NOT THE MAJORITY as I have already stated.

I'm glad you consider yourself "open minded" but you are so sure about this belief in God. Not very open minded after all...

sure you do drugs, promote gay marriage and the legalization of marijuana. but when it comes to God your belief allows only one possibility. Why? WTF is that all about? Why not just be curious about it all and have some integrity about God?
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:28 AM   #67
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical.

And this is why I love music so much!!!!
Old 11.22.2010, 10:31 AM   #68
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpotbntmy
Thurston has openly stated that it's sarcastically anti-Catholic, not that this really matters, Sonic Youth on one side or the other isn't lending great strength to that point...

hm

I only know for certain that Thurston believes. I can hear the Lee does in every song he writes. There is a positive reference to spirituallity in most of his work, especially now that they are older. Albums like ATL, Murray Street and Nurse and the fucking eternal are riddled with little clues that no one would care to notice unless they themselves were spiritual.

I only know what I have researched about them and what I have HEARD THEM SAY in thier songs. I don't know the exact nature of thier beliefs, but they do not strike me as the type of ppl to not accept things that others do not. I do know that they are a group who questions EVERYTHING even the world of logic.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:31 AM   #69
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm glad you consider yourself "open minded" but you are so sure about this belief in God. Not very open minded after all...

sure you do drugs, promote gay marriage and the legalization of marijuana. but when it comes to God your belief allows only one possibility. Why? WTF is that all about? Why not just be curious about it all and have some integrity about God?

What is that one possibility you speak of?

Old 11.22.2010, 10:31 AM   #70
knox
invito al cielo

Old 11.22.2010, 10:33 AM   #71
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
And this is why I love music so much!!!!

Me too music makes me FEEL. The world of spiritual energy is all about feeling not seeing.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:33 AM   #72
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
What is that one possibility you speak of?

That one or more exist. Why can't none exist?
Old 11.22.2010, 10:34 AM   #73
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Courtney Love believes in satisfying herself with roman catholic incense burners

Old 11.22.2010, 10:35 AM   #74
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
That one or more exist. Why can't none exist?

That none exist. Why can't one or more exist?

same goes to you. you're as thick as the most fanatic religious person.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:38 AM   #75
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
That none exist. Why can't one or more exist?

same goes to you. you're as thick as the most fanatic religious person.

They could!!!! But so could the flying spaghetti monster.
I have NEVER denied that a God could exist... that is why I'm agnostic.
Old 11.22.2010, 10:39 AM   #76
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

If none exist than I have lost nothing. I have gained a lifetime of good intentions and love. If I believe in nothing I have lost all of existance there is no meaning and I should not care for anything but me. This leads to a life of selfishness and hate towards others for me. The only things that really make me happy are

1. pills (i am honest I know this still workin it out)
2. making someone else happy

I could give a fuck less about anything else. I lost my $3000 engagement ring yesterday and I was more concerned about it hurting my husband's feelings than the stupid ring. I dont care about that object as much as I care about him.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:42 AM   #77
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a believer in existence being divine, its a fact, but its most certainly confusing, and there is a lot that is unknown.

If I were to play the fool and take a guess, god would entail every fiber of existence, therefore you're all a piece of god. So are these words, every connotation, Antimatter discovered by scientists recently, this cat, his fur, throw-up, psychological makeup, dna.

I know they're spiritual Gail but... what that means varies. I don't deny it, I'm just portraying a stance of neutrality that I myself fall on because of the nature of life. I'm inclined to be that way, it's not entirely expressive of what I feel but it's what it is for the time being.
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:43 AM   #78
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
now is the only thing that's real.
Old 11.22.2010, 10:44 AM   #79
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
If none exist than I have lost nothing. I have gained a lifetime of good intentions and love. If I believe in nothing I have lost all of existance there is no meaning and I should not care for anything but me. This leads to a life of selfishness and hate towards others for me. The only things that really make me happy are

1. pills (i am honest I know this still workin it out)
2. making someone else happy

I could give a fuck less about anything else. I lost my $3000 engagement ring yesterday and I was more concerned about it hurting my husband's feelings than the stupid ring. I dont care about that object as much as I care about him.

Sorry, but that sounds REALLY selfish. If "salvation", or whatever you want to call it, is the only thing that gives you meaning or morality then there are other issues that you need to address.

Agnostics/Atheists do not lose their sense of purpose, morality or love.
Old 11.22.2010, 10:48 AM   #80
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpotbntmy
I'm a believer in existence being divine, its a fact, but its most certainly confusing, and there is a lot that is unknown.

If I were to play the fool and take a guess, god would entail every fiber of existence, therefore you're all a piece of god. So are these words, every connotation, Antimatter discovered by scientists recently, this cat, his fur, throw-up, psychological makeup, dna.

I know they're spiritual Gail but... what that means varies. I don't deny it, I'm just portraying a stance of neutrality that I myself fall on because of the nature of life. I'm inclined to be that way, it's not entirely expressive of what I feel but it's what it is for the time being.

I like the way you are approaching it. You are accepting and not judgemental to either party. None of us are "right" THough some do believe that they are.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth