Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2017, 04:16 AM   #48501
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
another 3hr. mix

Terry Riley - Untitled (Live recording of "Poppy Nogood and the Phantom Band All Night Flight" from the "Purple Modal Strobe Ecstasy with the Daughters of Destruction All Night Flight" concert at S.U.N.Y, Buffalo, N.Y., March 22, 1968.)
Roberto Gerhard - Audiomobiles I 'Sculpture' 1959-67 (Options Electronic Explorations From His Studio + The BBC Radiophonic Workshop 1958-1967)
Hrvatski - Routine Exercise
Asadollāh - Rezā-Qoli Shahnāz (Early Recordings From Iran, 1906-1933)
Crash - File Ou Passe (Thsi track previously unreleased; recorded in 1984 on 4 track Teac recorder and mixed on Revox A77.)
Vereker - Disconnect Sewer Election Vengeance (excerpt)
Vengeance - Freak Animal
Public Image Ltd - Rise
Psychic TV - Unclean
Marcus Schmickler & Julian Rohrhuber - Dedekind Cuts
Morphosis - Shadow
Slowdive - Crazy For You
Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - White Dwarf Butterfly
Vromb - Le Jouet Electrique
Kevin Drumm - Rediki (excerpt)
The Fall - Wrong Place, Right Time
Macronympha - Deconstructed Fragments Of A Thrown-Away Past (excerpt) /These tracks were recorded by Macronympha during 1997 at Red Zone studio using mainly motorized sounds and the mechanisms of common household machines, along with raw metal sounds and source tape material provided by Tim Oliveira and All Brentnall./
Radian - Steriant
Gescom - random tracks on shuffle (reissue of 1998 MiniDisc, which was the first ever MiniDisc-only release.)
Mike Shiflet - Rice Field, May 2006 (Ichinomiya, Japan, night)
Ron Morelli - Island Bore
Mark Fell - The Occultation of 3C 273: part 5
Sightings - Infinity Of Stops
Russ Garcia and His Orchestra - Venus /1958/
John Mannion - Slice Through The Centerpoint (excerpt)
Surgeon - Untitled 1
Organum - Aurora /performers: Christoph Heemann, David Jackman, Dinah Jane Rowe, Eddie Prévost, Jim O'Rourke /
Piano Magic - (Music Won't Save You From Anything But) Silence
Jason Lescalleet - Staring At The Sun's Reflection In The Water
Pale Saints - Kinky Love /Nancy Sinatra cover/

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 05:54 AM   #48502
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I'll admit here that I enjoy solo Robert Plant, so what does that say about me?

Yes - Fragle is such a classic. I've seen Yes once in concert and it was on the Big Generator tour way back in 1988 (29 years ago this month). Heart Of The Sunrise, Yours Is No Disgrace, And You And I, Starship Trooper......all of these tracks were 17+ years old when I saw them performed 29 years ago and I still enjoy them just as much today!

King Crimson is a band I've slowly come around on over the years. Not because they aren't worthy, but I was probably listening to too much Genesis, Pink Floyd and the like. Court Of The Crimson King, In The Wake Of Posiden and, Islands, are the three KC albums I'm familiar with.

Texas Overnight a call in talk show from Midnight-4:00 AM uses Sleepless by King Crimson as the shows intro music.

Discipline = any reason it goes for so much? I've seen the vinyl go for as much as $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I want to say i've been into Led Zep now, which I am but, it's embarrassing and not cool.

but I've really been digging Yes -Fragile and King Crimson - Red/Discipline.

back to back playing two songs from those albums: Heart of the Sunrise and One More Red Nightmare.

prog proggy prog in yr face. or rather in my face.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2017, 05:59 AM   #48503
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
These three hour mixes, is this a playlist for a radio show or podcast? Or do you have all these tracks on your MP3 player and just listen to them in this order? Impressive list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
another 3hr. mix

Terry Riley - Untitled (Live recording of "Poppy Nogood and the Phantom Band All Night Flight" from the "Purple Modal Strobe Ecstasy with the Daughters of Destruction All Night Flight" concert at S.U.N.Y, Buffalo, N.Y., March 22, 1968.)
Roberto Gerhard - Audiomobiles I 'Sculpture' 1959-67 (Options Electronic Explorations From His Studio + The BBC Radiophonic Workshop 1958-1967)
Hrvatski - Routine Exercise
Asadollāh - Rezā-Qoli Shahnāz (Early Recordings From Iran, 1906-1933)
Crash - File Ou Passe (Thsi track previously unreleased; recorded in 1984 on 4 track Teac recorder and mixed on Revox A77.)
Vereker - Disconnect Sewer Election Vengeance (excerpt)
Vengeance - Freak Animal
Public Image Ltd - Rise
Psychic TV - Unclean
Marcus Schmickler & Julian Rohrhuber - Dedekind Cuts
Morphosis - Shadow
Slowdive - Crazy For You
Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - White Dwarf Butterfly
Vromb - Le Jouet Electrique
Kevin Drumm - Rediki (excerpt)
The Fall - Wrong Place, Right Time
Macronympha - Deconstructed Fragments Of A Thrown-Away Past (excerpt) /These tracks were recorded by Macronympha during 1997 at Red Zone studio using mainly motorized sounds and the mechanisms of common household machines, along with raw metal sounds and source tape material provided by Tim Oliveira and All Brentnall./
Radian - Steriant
Gescom - random tracks on shuffle (reissue of 1998 MiniDisc, which was the first ever MiniDisc-only release.)
Mike Shiflet - Rice Field, May 2006 (Ichinomiya, Japan, night)
Ron Morelli - Island Bore
Mark Fell - The Occultation of 3C 273: part 5
Sightings - Infinity Of Stops
Russ Garcia and His Orchestra - Venus /1958/
John Mannion - Slice Through The Centerpoint (excerpt)
Surgeon - Untitled 1
Organum - Aurora /performers: Christoph Heemann, David Jackman, Dinah Jane Rowe, Eddie Prévost, Jim O'Rourke /
Piano Magic (Music Won't Save You From Anything But) Silence
Jason Lescalleet - Staring At The Sun's Reflection In The Water
Pale Saints - Kinky Love /Nancy Sinatra cover/
Old 02.01.2017, 05:10 PM   #48504
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2017, 03:59 AM   #48505
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
These three hour mixes, is this a playlist for a radio show or podcast? Or do you have all these tracks on your MP3 player and just listen to them in this order? Impressive list!

hi. yes. those are mixes from Jim Siegel´s a.k.a. Ning Nong /drummer in Raspberry Bulbs (Blackest Ever Black), ex Other Music staff who still works for a record store somewhere in NY, DJ and radio host)/ radio show he used to have at WFMU for a year. all of his mixes are so good and no talking. they are available in archives where you can listen to them online, which is good, coz I can go through them one by one since I wasn§t able listen to them all because of Europe - States time difference back when he was on. still putting out great mixes and do radio shows there and there.

Ning Nong Radio juxtaposes current and classic experimental music with exotica, post-punk, and many other things. it somehow makes sense.

https://wfmu.org/playlists/NI

Old 02.02.2017, 11:26 AM   #48506
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Thanks for the feedback!

I love WFMU and have their app downloaded on my iPhone. For those who don't know, you can open the WFMU app and download any program they offer in their archives. Doing it via the WFMU app only allows you to DL the more recent shows (about 6 months worth). For older shows, go to the WFMU website where you can DL to your computer / MP3 device and archives go back for years.

Quote:
hi. yes. those are mixes from Jim Siegel´s a.k.a. Ning Nong /drummer in Raspberry Bulbs (Blackest Ever Black), ex Other Music staff who still works for a record store somewhere in NY, DJ and radio host)/ radio show he used to have at WFMU for a year. all of his mixes are so good and no talking. they are available in archives where you can listen to them online, which is good, coz I can go through them one by one since I wasn§t able listen to them all because of Europe - States time difference back when he was on. still putting out great mixes and do radio shows there and there.

Ning Nong Radio juxtaposes current and classic experimental music with exotica, post-punk, and many other things. it somehow makes sense.

https://wfmu.org/playlists/NI

EDIT: unfortunately, none of the Ning Nong shows are available in the WFMU app. While searching Ning Nong, I stumbled upon: Noise & Syrup......just downloaded the last show.

If anyone is interested, The Avant Ghetto is the WFMU show I listen to the most.
Old 02.02.2017, 04:19 PM   #48507
greenlight
invito al cielo

right. o.k. you should check his mixtapes on WFMU via your comp. then. I think those are best from other mixtapes of his you can find on net. here are links to some of them anyway.

some of his mixes on mixcloud:

https://www.mixcloud.com/blackeneddi...-14-ning-nong/

https://www.mixcloud.com/thirteen-th...-mix-for-1313/

https://www.mixcloud.com/thelotradio...adio-05262016/

https://www.mixcloud.com/workin_nigh...hrashing-hair/

https://www.mixcloud.com/workin_nights/wn-155-untitled/

https://www.mixcloud.com/workin_nigh...-oversprinkle/

his mixes on type records (those are more shoegaze orientated):

http://typerecords.com/typecasts/37

http://typerecords.com/typecasts/8

I am glad you like WFMU. some great stuff you can hear on there. I am a big fan of a freeform radio. do you know new NY radio http://www.thelotradio.com Bytor Peltor? please do check it out. click on the link. it is a radio on a different level (with camera in studio) you will see why and it's freeform. some great shows. some of them weekly, some of them biweekly, some one time off. plenty of interesting people from around NY area coming to play there. do check it out. my fav. would be Sensoria every Thursday from 8 am till 12 am with Clay Wilson and Certain Creatures, then Hiro Kone´s one and then Brian Chase´s from Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs one, or the one from producer Takuya Nakamura, or Ari Stern (he plays some obscure stuff!!!), plenty of musicians, producers and interesting people play on there.

Old 02.03.2017, 05:45 PM   #48508
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Thanks for the list of mixes and suggestions. I started with the top of the list and enjoyed it very much. Tarcar - Visions Of The Night (Blackest Ever Black) is a great discovery for me I'll slowly get around to hearing all of the mixes.

I don't know a thing about freeform radio, but I'll check it out! I listened to The Lot Radio a good deal when it first started.

A radio show I think you would enjoy is: How Do You Live?. Hollow Earth Radio is a streaming only station and the show comes on at Midnight PST (2:00 AM in Texas)......serious turntable manipulation and other fun "live in the studio" mixes.

Quote:
some of his mixes on mixcloud:

https://www.mixcloud.com/blackeneddi...-14-ning-nong/

I am a big fan of a freeform radio. do you know new NY radio http://www.thelotradio.com Bytor Peltor? please do check it out. click on the link. it is a radio on a different level (with camera in studio) you will see why and it's freeform.

In my jeep I've been listening to Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Zuma, as I drive around town.
Old 02.04.2017, 08:50 AM   #48509
greenlight
invito al cielo

B side

Old 02.04.2017, 08:53 AM   #48510
greenlight
invito al cielo

Old 02.04.2017, 09:11 AM   #48511
greenlight
invito al cielo

Bill Evans "Peace Piece" with first 6 min. of Timothy Leary from The Psychadelic Experience on the top of it. goes well together.

Old 02.04.2017, 09:22 AM   #48512
greenlight
invito al cielo

Old 02.04.2017, 09:24 AM   #48513
greenlight
invito al cielo

"Musique Climatique"

Old 02.04.2017, 09:38 AM   #48514
greenlight
invito al cielo

"El Diversado"

Old 02.04.2017, 10:00 AM   #48515
greenlight
invito al cielo

Side2Side

Old 02.04.2017, 10:50 AM   #48516
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Most recently:

"Dumb" sounds so great.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2017, 12:00 PM   #48517
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Actually never got the reissue tho I want it.
Old 02.04.2017, 12:22 PM   #48518
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Actually never got the reissue tho I want it.

Of In Utero? Really? Well, shit man. Buy it up. If only for the 2013 remix. It sounds simply incredible. Really — not that the original master was lacking in any way, because it wasn't, and it still sounds just fine, but the 2013 mix is a hell of a headphone experience, especially if you grew up with the original album blasting in your ears. It sounds fresh and new and more powerful than before. I don't think I would have bothered with the reissue if not for that.

I never bought the Nevermind reissue, but this one's a must.
Old 02.04.2017, 03:55 PM   #48519
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Plan to get both eventually.
Old 02.04.2017, 06:06 PM   #48520
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Plan to get both eventually.

I wish they'd reissue Incesticide and Unplugged. I forget if there's anything from Unplugged that isn't on the album, but it would be cool to have a remastered copy with notes and whatnot. Same for Incesticide, and even Wishkah. These were treasures for us back in the day. Wishkah felt like a blessing from God homself. I'd pay for an expanded reissue with photos and other cool shit.

Also, "Aneurysm" on Wishkah is one of the single best moments in the history of Nirvana. Not "Aneurysm" the song necessarily, but that performance of it.. rarely has a live version been so definitive.

Blah
1926232623762416242324242425 2426 242724282429243624762526 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth