Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What's the worst show on Adult Swim?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Worst Adult Swim original show?
Assy McGee 4 13.79%
Stroke and Hoop 3 10.34%
Squidbillies 2 6.90%
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job 7 24.14%
Xavier: Renegade Angel 3 10.34%
Saul of the Molemen 2 6.90%
12 Oz Mouse 2 6.90%
Tom Goes to the Mayor 2 6.90%
Minoriteam 4 13.79%
Moral Orel 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.08.2009, 08:47 PM   #61
breligion
little trouble girl

breligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard sucka
The first times I noticed Xavier I was wondering to myself what sort of crappy new program was on Adult Swim. I wasn't really able to focus on it enough to get anything out of it the first few times I had it on in the background. One night, though, I wasn't my, ehm, usual self.. And ended up being amazed by an episode. I've caught a few more now, and it's growing on me.

PFFR is a band responsible for Xavier: Renegade Angel as well as Delocated (a pseudo-reality sketch show about people in the witness protection program..still trying to decide if I like this one).

PFFR were also responsible for Wondershowzen, which I'm sure some of you have seen.

My worst Adult Swim shows: Saul of the Molemen hasn't grown on me. Minoriteam was really bad...
breligion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2009, 10:20 PM   #62
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
this thread needs to be updated because Superjail is the best thing ever.

Superjail! is amazing.

It's so psychedelic and gruesome simultaneously.

BTW on Tim and Eric-

I hated it, then I loved it, and now I hate it again. Well I like seasons 1-3, but the new season is godawful.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2009, 11:10 PM   #63
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I just started watching this season. I stll love it
Old 04.09.2009, 12:08 AM   #64
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I missed Tim and Eric twice when they came here. Guuh who knew they would sell out.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 01:25 AM   #65
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
tom goes to the mayor

WRONG. ANSWER.

tom goes to the mayor is fucking fantastic. tim&eric awesome show is good, but it'll never live up to fucking gibbons,bass fest,&the whiz.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 01:47 AM   #66
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
GIRL! I said it wasn't the worst show.

and that comment was made like 15 months ago!

I love TGTTM. I watched the episode where David Cross is making a documentary for them just last night. I lol'd many times.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 06:07 AM   #67
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
One of the members of Tim and Eric.. I think Eric.. used to play drums for Ink and Dagger, who were an awesome post-hardcore/math metal band with the added gimmick that they were all vampires. They were sorta like the Icarus Line... but good! So, he gets points for that.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 04:15 PM   #68
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
One of the members of Tim and Eric.. I think Eric.. used to play drums for Ink and Dagger, who were an awesome post-hardcore/math metal band with the added gimmick that they were all vampires. They were sorta like the Icarus Line... but good! So, he gets points for that.

Are you sure it was a jazz band?

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?epis...1c34071cf504d8
Old 04.09.2009, 07:00 PM   #69
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
A friend of mine dated Eric back when he was a hardcore kid
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2009, 08:14 PM   #70
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
A friend of mine dated Eric back when he was a hardcore kid

ahahaha. are you serious? pictures, please. she had to have some pictures of him if they dated, right?

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 01:51 PM   #71
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
GIRL! I said it wasn't the worst show.

and that comment was made like 15 months ago!

I love TGTTM. I watched the episode where David Cross is making a documentary for them just last night. I lol'd many times.

oh thank god. i thought i was gonna have to choke a bitch.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 04:42 PM   #72
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

Ink & Dagger was a Vampire-themed punk band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that was active in the 1990s. The two permanent members throughout the band's career were guitarist Don Devore and vocalist Sean Patrick McCabe. Other members included Ashli State, Terry Yerves, Ryan McLaughlin, Joshua Brown, Jennifer Park, and Eric Wareheim, co-creator and star of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim shows Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 04:58 PM   #73
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Ink & Dagger was a Vampire-themed punk band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that was active in the 1990s. The two permanent members throughout the band's career were guitarist Don Devore and vocalist Sean Patrick McCabe. Other members included Ashli State, Terry Yerves, Ryan McLaughlin, Joshua Brown, Jennifer Park, and Eric Wareheim, co-creator and star of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim shows Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!.

lol nice.
Old 04.12.2009, 11:59 PM   #74
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I think 90% of Adult Swim is horrible, but my vote goes to Tim and Eric because that's a show some love and if you ever tell them it's stupid, not funny at all, and they try WAY too hard and think they are way funnier than what they actually are, they just say you "Don't get it", which I assume is their crazy lingo that it sucks and makes no sense. Tim and Eric is probably the stupidest show show I've ever seen in my life.

Personally, I think some who like it only say they do because it also gets a lot of hate (And rightfully so), so they want to make it seem like they are "cool" and "different".

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth