Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.04.2012, 06:04 PM   #2201
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
MC were out anyway so they were playing with more of an eye on their game against MU at the weekend. I don't think they'd have beaten Dortmund anyway but the situation as it is meant there was only ever gonna be one team really going for it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2012, 06:10 PM   #2202
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
MC were out anyway so they were playing with more of an eye on their game against MU at the weekend. I don't think they'd have beaten Dortmund anyway but the situation as it is meant there was only ever gonna be one team really going for it.

they had a chance to make it to the europa league though, which ajax took instead.

but you're right, the prem is where their chances are at this point. still, what a fucked up collection of individual talent.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2012, 06:38 PM   #2203
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
The Europa League is a joke... none of the English, Spanish, German or Italian teams could really give a fuck about it because there's zero money to be made.

Even some Dutch teams are now starting to throw away EL-games and admit openly that it's hardly a priority for them because they want to concentrate on the national league to try and grab one of the two CL tickets... that's were the money is. I don't kow the exact figures, but in the case of Ajax for instance I'd be willing to bet that just the CL starting bonus from UEFA and the money earned from the television rights gives them a higher profit than wining the fucking Europaleague would... even if they had finished last in their group.
When a small league like the Dutch one is more important than the Europa League, then that says it all really... and recently that cunt Michel Twatini suggested to get rid of the EL altogether and expand the CL to 64 teams? Fuck off! The expansion of the Champions League has greatly devaluated the EL (and UEFA Cup before that) and killed off most of my entertainment in watching the CL games in the group stages. Every year I have to check again what country BATE Barisov and Nordsjaelland are from... no offense, but who gives a fuck, really? It doesn't get exciting until the knock-out phase and I hardly even watch it anymore before February.

/rant.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2012, 06:43 PM   #2204
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha, true, i don't give a fuck about the europa league, but i thought (mistakenly) that there was money to be made from extra matches.

bate-- those fuckers beat bayern 3-0, and i had never heard of them before. this is the first time i really get to follow the CL so i have nothing to compare it to, so no idea.

why you don't like platini? i'm not challenging your opinion btw, just asking, because i don't follow the news so close and don't know what he does. i only remember that during my childhood he was some sort of superstar.
Old 12.05.2012, 04:23 PM   #2205
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Pelanty To Celtic!

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2012, 04:26 PM   #2206
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Wahay!!

On a side note, my biggest annoyance in football in general is the way stadium announcers will go "The scorer of Arsenal's first goal number 16, Robin..." and then leave a gap for the crowd to shout the surname of the scorer. And then repeat this twice more. Fuck that annoys me. Thank god it never happens at Spurs.

Old 12.05.2012, 04:55 PM   #2207
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Wahay!!

On a side note, my biggest annoyance in football in general is the way stadium announcers will go "The scorer of Arsenal's first goal number 16, Robin..." and then leave a gap for the crowd to shout the surname of the scorer. And then repeat this twice more. Fuck that annoys me. Thank god it never happens at Spurs.

the germans do that and it sounds fucking great-- the crowd gets to chant the name of their favorite gladiator

anyway, bayern 4 bate 1. sweet revenge.

FUCKED UP red card for boateng in what should have been a yellow. he misses 3 games. fuck that.

chelsea won 6-1 and still got boned? daaaaamn. last year's champions! poor fuckers....
Old 12.05.2012, 05:02 PM   #2208
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the germans do that and it sounds fucking great-- the crowd gets to chant the name of their favorite gladiator

anyway, bayern 4 bate 1. sweet revenge.

FUCKED UP red card for boateng in what should have been a yellow. he misses 3 games. fuck that.

chelsea won 6-1 and still got boned? daaaaamn. last year's champions! poor fuckers....

Its been such fun watching the Chelsea fans, I'll look back on the last 10 days as a golden era.

How can you possibly like that announcer thing? Its the kind of thing that was designed for casual fans, the ones who come along and only know the top goalscorers name so they can pretend they give a shit the other 364 days of the year. "VAN PERSIE!! YAY I KNOW HIS NAME TOO!" Absolutely awful canned, corporate, shirt hoiking nonsense.

Old 12.05.2012, 05:12 PM   #2209
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Its been such fun watching the Chelsea fans, I'll look back on the last 10 days as a golden era.

How can you possibly like that announcer thing? Its the kind of thing that was designed for casual fans, the ones who come along and only know the top goalscorers name so they can pretend they give a shit the other 364 days of the year. "VAN PERSIE!! YAY I KNOW HIS NAME TOO!" Absolutely awful canned, corporate, shirt hoiking nonsense.

i don't know german, so i'm not sure it's exactly that, but it sounds great when they do it. lemme find you an example....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxAHwLOakw

don't know if your guys do it that way
Old 12.05.2012, 05:19 PM   #2210
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Thought this was an NFL thread
Blah
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2012, 05:21 PM   #2211
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
i don't know german, so i'm not sure it's exactly that, but it sounds great when they do it. lemme find you an example....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxAHwLOakw

don't know if your guys do it that way

Not only has that confirmed my feelings, it has the fucking Seven Nation Army chanting in it as well!!! *tears own hair out*

Old 12.05.2012, 05:27 PM   #2212
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wtf is a seven nation army? ha ha ha.

sorry about your hair
Old 12.05.2012, 05:44 PM   #2213
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
wtf is a seven nation army? ha ha ha.

sorry about your hair

Are you being ironic? Seven Nation Army is the White Stripes song. The worst White Stripes song ever.

Anyway, im glad Juventus are through, just for the memories. When they had Zidane, and Del Piero. What a team. And they still have Buffon. One more European cup for Buffon, it has to happen

Old 12.05.2012, 05:53 PM   #2214
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Are you being ironic? Seven Nation Army is the White Stripes song. The worst White Stripes song ever.

i haven't seen or heard the white stripes since they appeared in that jim jarmusch movie with the tesla coil. what was that, 12 years ago? i never liked them much before that anyway and paid no attention (yes, yes, i do live in a bubble of my own making).

Quote:
Anyway, im glad Juventus are through, just for the memories. When they had Zidane, and Del Piero. What a team. And they still have Buffon. One more European cup for Buffon, it has to happen

buffon and pirlo are awesome. i also like chiellini. i understand pirlo has been having a tough year because the don't rest him enough and "at his age" it takes a toll. but hell yes, nice team.
Old 12.05.2012, 07:59 PM   #2215
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Totally.
Old 12.06.2012, 07:48 AM   #2216
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Not only has that confirmed my feelings, it has the fucking Seven Nation Army chanting in it as well!!! *tears own hair out*

It's the one area of the game where the rest of the world could learn something from England. Seven Nation Army, that bastard Sloop John B one. The best chants are witty, ironic and usually bordering on the offensive or cruel but the main thing is they're funny. It's the one area of the game in England that stands against the processes of sanitisation. I know West Ham recently got in trouble for some anti-Semitic chants against Spurs but, while I can't condone them, it's better than the rent-a-fan chants I hear in the rest of Europe. And I almost gagged when I heard LA Galaxy fans chanting "thank you Beckham" during his final match. Ultimate chant fail, that one.
Old 12.06.2012, 01:13 PM   #2217
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's the one area of the game where the rest of the world could learn something from England. Seven Nation Army, that bastard Sloop John B one. The best chants are witty, ironic and usually bordering on the offensive or cruel but the main thing is they're funny. It's the one area of the game in England that stands against the processes of sanitisation. I know West Ham recently got in trouble for some anti-Semitic chants against Spurs but, while I can't condone them, it's better than the rent-a-fan chants I hear in the rest of Europe. And I almost gagged when I heard LA Galaxy fans chanting "thank you Beckham" during his final match. Ultimate chant fail, that one.

i don't understand half of what you're saying but i do recall watching a dc united/ la galaxy game where the dc fans were clearly and distinctly chanting FUCK YOU, BECKHAM, and you could hear in on TV. and of course LA lost, mhuaahaahaaahaa.

anyway about he rest-- i have no idea realy. not only am i new to european football outside of world cups, which is a matter of economics, but there's also a bit of linguistics involved-- i don't understand a word of the english (or irish) chants, when i hear them. for that matter, i have no clue what the germans say either--ha! but i do like it when the crowd screams the name because i though, hey, must be cool to hear the crowd call your name when you score (thats of course from my alien perspective).
Old 12.08.2012, 07:21 AM   #2218
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I was only being half serious about the chanting. I've no idea what the German fans are actually signing, either, although I still can't stand that Seven Nation Army thing.

Anyway, big week in the Prem. The Manchester derby on Sunday and hopefully Chelsea continue to crash and burn against Sunderland. And West Ham face a Suarez-less Liverpool (which will likely mean Gerrard suddenly plays a blinder and they batter us).

Oh and West Ham are now the 'preferred bid' for the Olympic Stadium, meaning they're now almost certain to leave Upton Park, with one of the most intense atmospheres in the Prem, for a 60 thousand seat mega-stadium they'll never fill and that'll have all the atmosphere of a giant car park. That's progress, apparently.
Old 12.08.2012, 07:32 AM   #2219
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses

Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2012, 08:50 AM   #2220
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama

ha ha ha--- that's brilliant!

----

demonYo-- ive never liked that goal chant, which i've always found annoying (even before knew it was a ws song)--- but i do like the calling of the names.

what if a bigger stadium means cheaper tickets???
61101108109110 111 112113114121161211611 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth