Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2014, 01:46 PM   #5141
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, Jozy had a grade 2 hamstring tear so he was essentially never coming back in the World Cup.. Lets hope he heals and is back in top form for 2015

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 01:59 PM   #5142
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and just when you thought it wasn't coming, here's (finally!) the zonal marking analysis of the usa-belgium game

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/07/...-breakthrough/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 02:18 PM   #5143
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and just when you thought it wasn't coming, here's (finally!) the zonal marking analysis of the usa-belgium game

This article just rehashed we we already discussed.

Clint and Bradley were playing out of position and it showed, Cameron replacing Beckerman put him playing out of position and oddly took out a player who had been very effective in the group stages.

The problem in midfield didn't need any kind of analytical breakdown, the simply eye test revealed that, though I think our midfield suffered from so many people playing out position. For all his brilliant scouting, I think Jurgen failed to scout his own team well enough to adjust to Jozy's absence..

Old 07.03.2014, 02:33 PM   #5144
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
This article just rehashed we we already discussed.

i didn't hear a word from you about belgium… but of course you knew everything already!
Old 07.03.2014, 02:37 PM   #5145
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i didn't hear a word from you about belgium… but of course you knew everything already!

Belgium attacked the shit out of us, 39-17, indeed 17-5 shots on goal. What more was there to say?

Oh yeah, did you not notice where I posted above that clearly our stamina outlasted Belgium as they looked out-gassed after Green's goal?

How about you either engage in civil conversation or just keep me on the block list, but always being an asshole is getting old.

This is a message board. People post messages. Just because we post things, doesn't mean we pretend that we know everything, but it also doesn't mean you get to pretend you know everything too

Old 07.03.2014, 02:39 PM   #5146
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I try to enjoy talking futbol with you, indeed I wish I had the patience to deconstruct all your condescending macho bullshit so I could learn from what you actually do know more about futbol than I do, which is indeed A LOT, but you are always such an asshole about everything you fucking post it becomes a futile exercise. Why try to learn from somebody who is just trying to shit on you? You don't want to share your knowledge with people, you just want them to remain more stupid than you so you can protect your fragile sense of being better than everybody else. Take a risk, share your experience WITHOUT the condescending bullshit, you may make some actual friends in this world instead of a bunch of frenemies

Old 07.03.2014, 02:40 PM   #5147
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i don't know shit which is why i read michael cox.

fucker is the messi of post-match analysis!
Old 07.03.2014, 02:41 PM   #5148
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I wasn't dissing Cox in the least, but I am sick of your condescending bullshit. I read Cox too if you didn't know, and I wasn't shitting on that article so much as stating the obvious, but you always want to shit on people so you took your chance. Don't be so surprised when people fling your shit back at you yo..

Old 07.03.2014, 02:43 PM   #5149
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hey, you might be wrong! :P
Old 07.03.2014, 02:45 PM   #5150
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I can always be wrong about futbol, in fact I post on this thread to try and learn from folks who follow it more in depth than I do since I am absorbed in basketball..

but in calling out your condescending bullshit, I am spot on. Again, you have social issues here, learn to play nice or simply keep me on the ignore list like you've promised but lied about so many times now over the years..

Old 07.03.2014, 03:03 PM   #5151
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i thought you dismissed the michael cox articles waaaay too lightly
Old 07.03.2014, 04:19 PM   #5152
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 04:38 PM   #5153
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ ha ha ha ha

must spread more butter

--

ANYWAY

7 germans with the flu for tomorrow!

and

LANDYCAKES STRIKES BACK

i hope he starts coaching
Old 07.03.2014, 06:03 PM   #5154
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Thought he was spot on re the dropping of Beckerman. I can only think something must've happened before the game. A small injury maybe or some kind of argument. Tactically it made no sense at all.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 07:20 PM   #5155
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thought he was spot on re the dropping of Beckerman. I can only think something must've happened before the game. A small injury maybe or some kind of argument. Tactically it made no sense at all.

read in the comments some people thinking he had put cameron to mark fellaini (since cameron has more legs)

---

and did you read the donovan article? it's pretty good. i hope more criticism of that sort follows-- for all the good klinsmann has done, he hasn't been infallible; unfortunately we don't have much of a fútbol press here to really dissect a manager's decisions and keep him on his toes like it happens in countries with a bigger tradition. funny that the article appears in the guardian, of all papers! (i read the washington post daily, and there was no mention).

klinsmann's biggest nemesis in the press in recent times has been one michael wilbon, a tv talking head who has no fútbol background whatsoever, the whole scandal ultimately being around klinsmann's past comments about the US having no chance to win the world cup (realistic for most of us reasonable people, but treasonous for that fool wilbon somehow, so that the fucker asked klinsmann to go back to germany). e.g. see http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nsensical-rant if you can read the whole thing. on the other end of the spectrum, press conferences (at least as published here) tend to be blow job sessions: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014...quote-sheet-jk

landycakes, on the other hand, makes a better representative for the rational opposition-- and as much as i see the positive that klinsmann brings, it's always good for the boss to have an opposition, or he may be led astray by his own delusions.
Old 07.03.2014, 08:24 PM   #5156
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- i found mike obiku!

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com.../index?page=49

he's (right now) at the bottom of that page

rank #930 out of…. A MILLION PEOPLE?

Old 07.03.2014, 08:28 PM   #5157
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

landycakes, on the other hand, makes a better representative for the rational opposition-- and as much as i see the positive that klinsmann brings, it's always good for the boss to have an opposition, or he may be led astray by his own delusions.

I read it. I have to back Klinsmann. His approach was in hindesight perhaps a bit overly cautious but it did get you through a group most of the world thought you had no chance in, and you finally went out to a very good team by a scoreline that didn't honestly reflect the imbalance in quality that night. I'm not sure any tactic would've had that much impact on that game. A critical tone in the media is important but, in this instance, while we can all go over what he should or shouldn't have done, the USA overachieved in this world cup and he has to take a lot of credit for that.

My only general criticism of Klinsmann is he perhaps pays too much respect when you play European sides. That was most obvious for me when you played but never really went for a Portugal side that looked absolutely there for the taking that day. You said yourself that he doesn't appear to trust American players who aren't playing in Europe and I'm starting to agree.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 09:47 PM   #5158
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Maybe but for too many of them it simply wouldn't be an option

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to demonrail666 again."

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 09:48 PM   #5159
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
hello, I'm Kanamori

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2014, 10:53 PM   #5160
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I really like how Landon has embraced the role of Villain over the past recent weeks in media interviews..

tomorrow is a HUGE game in Brazil-Colombia.. Mexico and Chile made Brazil look very vulnerable.. They haven't lost in Brazil in decades! My philosophy about win-streaks in sports is they are bad luck, the sheer math is against you.. After enough wins any given team is bound to lose, let alone with any actual shortcomings in the roster or matchups (which to be sure Brazil have several)

Brazil loses its epic, Brazil wins its epic.

208248255256257 258 259260261268308358 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth