Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page My new album!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.19.2012, 04:33 PM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
hey here is a link to a free download of the first album from the free improv group that i play in called akud

http://akud.bandcamp.com/album/akud

hope you all like and i would love to hear what people think!

<3 <3 <3

http://akud.bandcamp.com/album/akud

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2012, 05:40 PM   #2
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
well i heard or the mouse folk and i liked a lot, the progression of the theme it's well done, the last section specially with that "dissonant arabic sound" gave the theme a magical moment . nice work . i will listen the other songs.

tell me more about the pot with water
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks.

Will listen tomorrow.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2012, 01:57 AM   #4
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
hey chrome noise tape.
thanks for listening! and thanks for your kind words about the first track. we are having our first show on monday and i am really hoping that we will be able to create some moments like that rather than sound like we are a just jamming or making noise or something like that.

and pookie, thanks, i hope you like it when you get to listening to it.

Old 11.27.2012, 01:52 PM   #5
fugazifan
invito al cielo

here is a recording from our first show last night.i urge you all to hear it because it was actually pretty great.

http://soundcloud.com/amithalf/akud-live-at-uganda

Old 11.28.2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Really like this. We should do a gig swap. Really very good indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2012, 10:48 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I miss just pressing record on the tape in the studio and seeing what happens, especially when fungus is readily involved. Personally, I dig this, in fact Gebunden (constrained) sounds a lot like a tune I have been working on recently called Orientated (it is a pun, has an Eastern twinge), I could see myself collaborating with y'all and helping y'all take this into some even more warped directions. However, alas, I live in LA and sonically have had to succumb to the reality of popularism, and since my ear is really fusion oriented anyways, I have had to largely abandon experimental music which is my passion and focus on stage-shows which people around town are interested in, and reggae and jam-band blues is the only live music scene in LA hip-hop aside that has some resurgent life. While I love creating deeply individualistic art, I fell in love with an audience, and as a musician it has meant a lot more to me to cater my sound towards making people dance and smile and sing along rather then trip them the fuck out. Well sometimes, after all, there are always opportunities to trip people out. I was going to join this band Panther Heart who play sound scape fusion of jazz and primal music, but that group disbanded, I was really digging sitting in with them. We were doing shit like what y'all are doing, only the way Carlos Santana or WAR would do it

By the way, nice stuff, really, which is what its got my sonic ear moving. How Is My Driving is my favorite, but I like drum work and noises

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Excellent stuff fugazifan. You've joined the very small handful of people on here (VERY small) who have made genuinely really good music.

But what do I know?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2012, 06:42 PM   #9
fugazifan
invito al cielo

hey you guys, thanks for all of your kind words. it means a lot to me.
if you have any recommendations of where i can send it so that people can write about it or at least here it i would be much obliged.

and suchfriends- thanks for your comments. i totally get you about wanting to make people enjoy what you re doing. i also play drums in an activist samba band. and also with Akud at our show we tried to stay clear of aking just noise but rather maintaining an experimental approach while still making music that kind of sounds like songs. but there is obviousy a difference between doing that kind of music and other music that is obviously dance and audience orientated.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth