Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the nirvana book...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.19.2008, 09:05 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
has anyone read this? im not a huge nirvana fan, im a fan, but not yknow, i dont buy into the 'greatest rock band of the 90's' thing, but i do think kurt could write a beautiful song and i really love in utero and i see them as a great band to be introduced to lots and lots of great bands because of kurt's tastes. anyways, this book, its soo much better than anything on nirvana ive ever read. i was at the uni book store and saw it and just started reading it, and its got everything on how people like buzz osborne, and calvin johnson, and dylan carlson all had a temendous influence on the band and kurt. the author (whos name i cant remember) also does a great job differentiating the scenes of late 80's seattle, aberdeen, and olympa. and its the ONLY book on nirvana, that talks about the entire band, and not just totally kurt obsessed, which it is still a little bit, but i guess he was a more compelling indiviual than krist novelesic. since i started reading it ive been going down to the bookstore everyday to read more and more till i finished it today. i recomende this to anyone who has ANY interest in nirvana, or even the musical landscape of washington in the late 80's. you dont need to be a nirvana obsessor to dig this book.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
batreleaser, are you as boring in person are you are on here?
Old 02.19.2008, 09:24 PM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

how the fuck do i make typing exciting to you? why the fuck would you expect you be entertained on a message board? why would you comment on my posts if they bore you? are you as much as a dick in person as you are on here? and no, i dont go on about music and books and shit about music in person because not everyone in the real world likes sonic youth and i wouldnt wanna bore people in the real world. so uhh, fuck off.
Old 02.19.2008, 11:16 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
i thought you meant the Nirvana Book of TAB, which is no longer available....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2008, 11:38 PM   #5
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that was a little harsh.... and yr usually so nice.

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2008, 11:43 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
how the fuck do i make typing exciting to you? why the fuck would you expect you be entertained on a message board? why would you comment on my posts if they bore you? are you as much as a dick in person as you are on here? and no, i dont go on about music and books and shit about music in person because not everyone in the real world likes sonic youth and i wouldnt wanna bore people in the real world. so uhh, fuck off.

strong language tends to make things exciting, unless of course it is in other languages like tebeji (Amharic) or domai (Vietnamese)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 12:15 AM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

maybe thats it i dont remember
Old 02.20.2008, 12:18 AM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde1

i can be a prick, but only to people i actually know and mean somethin to me yknow, picking fights on a message board where i just wana chat about tunes seems like such a big fat fuckin waste of time. norma j has had a bone to pick with me since i posted somethin about how i used to be a fucked up druggie. thanks though.
Old 02.20.2008, 12:26 AM   #9
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i don't find most if his posts boring. the only thing boring to me that he mentioned was nirvana.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2008, 12:41 AM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i don't find most if his posts boring. the only thing boring to me that he mentioned was nirvana.

haha
Old 02.20.2008, 12:54 AM   #11
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgarde1

I know.

I take it back.

Sorry, batboy/girl.
Old 02.20.2008, 01:08 AM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
I know.

I take it back.

Sorry, batboy/girl.

im a dude. apology accepted.
Old 02.20.2008, 01:09 AM   #13
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I infer of your initial post that this book is the one you mean. The other ones about Nirvana really do not have much info about any other bands. Here is some good shit about the whole scene(s), but what i find more memorable are the interviews...

This is the cover of the american edition. I think the book was released in the UK with a different cover. A nice photo by Stephen Sweet, if i remember correctly.

I bought it in a Borders bookstore in Carson City, Nevada last year when i was there visiting some family. I spent the whole time on there reading this one and hadn't any social activities with my cousins.

Anyway, time for me to go the fuck away from this thread. All the Nirvana ones on here tend to be flooded with shit. It's so repetitive it's boring.

yeah thats it

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth