Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Origami Festival in Houston this weekend
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Info at www.tansustyle.com

Article from the Houston Chronicle about the event here

Last year I missed this event and I saw some of the amazing Origami creations in the paper and kicked myself for missing it. This year I am there! I have always loved origami and this is the cream of the crop.

all from one sheet of paper

gallery of origami

18 cranes folded from 1 continuous sheet of paper
This is the world's first 3D connected crane piece & took artist Linda Mihara 5 years to develop and create

Origami face created from a single, uncut pieces of paper using the techniques of origami tessellation by Joel Cooper

One uncut square of paper by Robert Lang

60 uncut rectangles of Wyndstone 'Marble' paper

"This model is one of the 54 uniform-edge polypolyhedra and is one of the hardest. It took a full day to assemble the units even after I'd folded them all."--Robert Lang

Aren't these beautiful? the exhibit will be up for a bit but this weekend is the opening of it. the artist's reception will be saturday between 6:00pm and 8:00pm

-Rob Instigator
Old 06.29.2007, 04:07 PM   #2
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
that is sick
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth