Old 03.19.2009, 04:23 PM   #41
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
shit man! that's gualbert!

motherfucker's got mad repp! he slices AND dices
he slips on banana peels

fuck. homogeneity....

where are all the people who love to RAWK OUT????????? so much drone/ambient/bleepbloop shit. you can't RAWK OUT! where's the catharsis in SUNN?

Rob, as much as I think you're a lovely guy, please do pick up one of your They Might Be Giants records from the shelf, hold it in your hands, and then re-read your post.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 04:25 PM   #42
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
shit man! that's gualbert!

yr [trollstike] hits Rob Instigator causing 10 points of damage (6 resisted).
you gain 5 points of trolling mana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Rob says it, I'm gualbert.
The rest of the message is not quite clear to me.

gualbert deflects yr [trollstrike]!
you lose 5 points of trolling mana.

I hate breaking even.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 04:34 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Rob, as much as I think you're a lovely guy, please do pick up one of your They Might Be Giants records from the shelf, hold it in your hands, and then re-read your post.

"I remember the book depository...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEdMYJ3alU

"They were not, not, not, not so great...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb4Lcw3rtsE

"black coffe's not enough for me..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkthnUdYro

"to take the house he built for her apart..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HkrvET6Uk
Old 03.19.2009, 04:41 PM   #44
sarramkrop

Please.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 04:43 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

me loving the nerd art-rock of TMBG in no way invalidates my deep and burning desire for RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 03.19.2009, 04:45 PM   #46
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
No, it just makes it funnier when you call out others for being musically wussy.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 04:46 PM   #47
sarramkrop

haha oh oh!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 04:58 PM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

Despite trying to shy away from negativity to a degree, I have to say there still is one band absolutely worth hating with every inch of my being, and that is -- of course -- the Mars Volta.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 05:09 PM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I gots to rawk
Old 03.19.2009, 05:11 PM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

and I like bands WAY more wussy than TMBG!
Old 03.19.2009, 05:18 PM   #51
sarramkrop

Name them!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 05:36 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

pedro the lion.....
Old 03.19.2009, 05:37 PM   #53
sarramkrop

PAEDO THE LION????

Shame on you. Shame.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 05:51 PM   #54
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Despite trying to shy away from negativity to a degree, I have to say there still is one band absolutely worth hating with every inch of my being, and that is -- of course -- the Mars Volta.

despite my aforementioned distaste for explaining my bits 'n bytes (there's typically none to give), I'm glad that you are finding a way to maintain Thee Golden Path with sorry fucks like Mars Volta in the world.

I've just known too many freaks that "pushed the limit" and found jesus because of it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>error break<<<<<<<<<<<<<

new data suggests that the intent of my original reply would be best served if you do actually find jesus and begin to sell His bibles door-to-door.

gawdspeed, fingerbutt. gawdspeed.
Old 03.19.2009, 05:55 PM   #55
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses

Old 03.19.2009, 05:57 PM   #56
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

that looks tasty.

ps: I got mail!

afk legba.
Old 03.19.2009, 05:57 PM   #57
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
^^ just saw sig.

Omg You Got My Present!

<9999

so glad customs didn't take it.
Old 03.19.2009, 06:37 PM   #58
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i went through that process, i was a pretty bad person, but i became really boring for years and i'm trying to be a slightly worse person now.

anyways for me the secret to self change is to take long walks early/late when no ones around, it kind of forces you to think about yourself, and i feel like the more concious you are of yr self, the less you'll be able to tolerate not fulfilling yr potential.
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 06:51 PM   #59
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You know, I've been posting in this board for ... uh ... well, since before this board was this board and around the time the old board was the new board. So, how many years is that? Like, 7? Jesus.

Well, supposedly, your body completely changes every 7 years. Well, I've heard that a lot, in movies. I'm sure someone knows, scientifically, what I'm referring to. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Anyway, I've realized a few things this week, after months of the most stressful time in my life. And, no, certain situations in my life haven't improved, but whatever. They will eventually. Anyway:

1) I seriously need to re-evaluate my priorities in life... My friendships, what I spend my time doing, what I waste my energy on.

2) I randomly looked back on a few of my old posts and cringed. Like all that MM hating back in the day. Man, what was wrong with me? I am not a fan of their music really, but you know, they seem like okay people, they work hard, enjoy what they're doing, you know.. whatever. I never personally meant to insult them as people. I wrote them and apologized, actually, a while back, because I felt bad, but I feel even worse now, because I shouldn't waste so much time on negativity, in any way. I think my approach to things like that needs to change. Not that I won't be rude and sarcastic and bitter and such in posts.... But sometimes it's best not to say anything. I shouldn't feel the need to voice my opinion about EVERYTHING. Anyway, to any bands who have stumbled across my rants on this board, well, I apologize if you took anything I said personally, but then again you should know that criticism is fun!

3) I have realized that the things that have made me happy for years don't really make me happy anymore. I have seen just about every movie I've ever had any interest in seeing, and all the other movies I want to see are just imitations of better films I've already seen. Music is still pretty cool, but very little of it wows me; when you try to seek out the weirdest, most "avant garde" shit ever for a long time... well, I don't think there's an adequate second part of that sentence, but let me just say most of my listening for the past 3 months has been ambient records, drone records, and solo acoustic guitar records. I just can't get into a lot of that spazzy, 6436346 time changes per second stuff anymore. Not that I don't love complexity, but jesus.. I dunno. Also, I pretty much stopped playing video games!

4) I have decided I need to become a more SPIRITUAL person. People will inevitably question how I could believe in God, but I do believe. I don't believe in religion... well, I like the idea of religion to an extent, but I don't really side up with any religion in particular. I will just say that I feel like the hand of God has touched me and showed me many things. And no that isn't a drug reference...........

5) .....because I am going to give up every drug I have been doing. Which admittingly isn't much, I've experimented with a few things, but I'm done with all of it. Okay, okay, I'll take some codeine every once in a while if I feel bad (I do have back problems)... but I don't "need" to take it to be happy.

6) I think I'm going to try to eliminate every negative energy in my life. I'm going to ATTEMPT to quit cursing, to an extent. I mean, okay, in the heat of passionate sex, I may scream "oh fuck! Oh goddamn!" but nearly every other time I use such words, it's because I'm angry or expressing negativity. I want to erase that. I don't see anything wrong with those words, I just don't need to be so negative. I can express myself without saying "this fucking dicksucking bullshit sucks a fucking dick that has shit on it from where it fucked an ass." Anyway, this will be the hardest thing to accomplish.

7) I enjoy some of the music I make, but I realized years ago it'll never be successful. Not because there isn't a market for it; there certainly is, but I've had a few "big" releases where I really got my hopes up... and ultimately they don't mean shi.. Oops. Ultimately, they don't mean anything. I am glad people like what I do, and I am happier that some people LOVE what I do, and I'm going to make music to some extent for the rest of my life, but I don't really have the energy at the moment to promote my work, trying to shove it down people's throats.. and I certainly don't want to try to SELL my work.. which, I've always been very generous with free downloads, but at the same time I know that pisses off or would piss off labels that will or would or may put out my work. Sooo... maybe I should just self-release everything and put everything up for free? I mean, who cares. I dunno.

I want to sell just about everything I own except for my guitar and some of my clothes and some of my movies. I don't want to be tied down to any thing or any place. I want to go in the woods more. But the ticks and snakes scare me. That is all.

Putting cynicism aside for just a second (i only use this board casually and or drunkenly), hats off for being willing to post something like this in a public forum, it sounds like the process of spelling out these points might be quite useful to you in an environment where people arent going to check up on you or expect anything out of what you say.

And you are right about MM (if you mean Modest Mouse) bar one song, so dont fret And play some Ikara Colt!

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2009, 07:43 PM   #60
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
And you are right about MM (if you mean Modest Mouse) bar one song, so dont fret And play some Ikara Colt!

i'm pretty sure it's MM as in magik markers, but modest mouse does suck horribly
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth