Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Circle Pit - Bruise Constellation
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.11.2010, 05:04 AM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
Boring. This is no different than Waaves in how boring and unimaginative it is.

it doesn't sound anything like waaaavves though.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2010, 01:04 PM   #22
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Record of the year maybe, love the royal trux/vaselines throwback vibe. Naked on the vague are great to, heaps of nothing is also in mine top ten(making it the third Australian top ten album with the dead c also in it). Even it was a shame they only played for 15 man wen i saw them and 4 only liked it....
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2010, 06:57 AM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
adam, did you get my messages?

On... soulseek? I haven't been on that computer, it's at my other house where I haven't been (been at my grandpa's), if that's where you sent 'em to. I haven't really been online much since I'm trying to work on my new documentary, and I won't be online much, if at all, until I finish it. I'm only online now because I have to wake my mom up here in 20 minutes so I am sitting around until then.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2010, 06:58 AM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
it doesn't sound anything like waaaavves though.

He wasn't saying it sounded anything like Wavves -- cuz it doesn't -- I think he was saying it's just simple, unimaginative, boring, etc.. maybe he was calling it overrated.. whatever the case, I don't think that at all, this album is far more creative and interesting than Wavves, or Vivian Girls, or Dum Dum Girls, or Brilliant color, or whoever hipsterrunoff is shilling.

The NAKED ON THE VAGUE album was pretty cool, I got kinda bored with it by the end, I'm sure they rule live.

Old 11.12.2010, 08:01 AM   #25
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
He wasn't saying it sounded anything like Wavves -- cuz it doesn't -- I think he was saying it's just simple, unimaginative, boring, etc.. maybe he was calling it overrated.. whatever the case, I don't think that at all, this album is far more creative and interesting than Wavves, or Vivian Girls, or Dum Dum Girls, or Brilliant color, or whoever hipsterrunoff is shilling.

The NAKED ON THE VAGUE album was pretty cool, I got kinda bored with it by the end, I'm sure they rule live.

Yeah, I didn't doubt DR was making a good point witht it. I would have chosen another band to compare them to, that's all.

Circle Pit: I have to say that I have been curious to check them out for some time because they were namedropped by Kevin Debroux on interviews a few times. When I first read about them I immediately thought that they were a pair of hipster poseurs, and even the way they look kind of irritated me in all its graphic referencing of certain other bands (Royal Trux above all).

Eventually I got round to listening to a couple of their songs on youtube, and even though I still cant' shake off a certain supsicion about them, the sort you reserve for a person that has been introduced to you and appears very pleasant but not trustworthy enough to immediately make good friends with, they write good songs that I enjoy in a thoughtless kind of way.
Old 11.12.2010, 11:35 AM   #26
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
I don't get the Trux comparisons either. Some good songs on there, it's driving music (like "Hurricane"). "Another Trick" sounds like something J Mascis would write. I will say that I think they're more of a solid band than any of those purposefully amateur-sounding fuzz pop jangle Wipers wannabes cluttering the indiescape right now, but that ain't saying much. Inoffensive. But I'm just not in the mood for drugged out/slacker vocals so it's probably me and not them.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2010, 01:44 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Word. Innofensive and harmless tunes can sometimes hit the spot for me, personally, when I'm just not in the mood for songs with lots of depth. I get bored with the power chords, too, especially when Wipers, Wire, and Naked Raygun did so many awesome things with them, like, 30 years ago.. but I do think this band actually has a bit more going on for it than any of the similiar current bands of their ilk.

Old 11.13.2010, 01:56 PM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

I don't have more interesting things to say right now apart from ''Wave Machine'' sounding at the start like they're a rock band from Manchester.

DC- the girl's singing?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth