Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Girls Rock! DC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.19.2009, 11:48 AM   #181
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
^^^ totally

She was right about that, but then again, she didn't even take her own advice, really. The only album she really played guitar on was their first one and she was good. But later she relied on Erlandson (a MAN) to play the guitar, especially on CS.

The thing that pisses me off most about Courtney is that she is full of extremely smart, good ideas. But she never follows through with them. She gets distracted and gives up on them before they ever really come to fruition.

I also totally agree with you here. I also think that CL's criticism of riot grrrl was kinda stunted because she didn't really offer alternatives.

You know, drugs really do turn people into hypocrites and prevent people from reaching their potential.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 02:50 PM   #182
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
the difference between me and you is that i DO NOT preach.

i just have a voice...people can choose to agree, or disagree. i dont believe there is a set "right" or "wrong" idea for most things.

you are just someone i happen to dissagree with on virtually everything youve ever posted. call me ignorant...i dont care. i ENJOY not liking you.

I don't see how my responses are any more "preachy" than yours... oh, that's right! because they have a "feminist/feminazi agenda" attached! i honestly find that assumption to be pretty hilarious. everybody has their own background/cultural & theoretical grounding and you very cleary have your own. it's kinda pathetic that you got some sick pleasure out of harassing me online but once again, whatever, i just seriously hope that you regulate that type of behavior to the internet man....

i'm glad that you can at least admit that you get some sort of strange fulfillment out of yr hatred of me. be aware, cuz im positive that no matter what i do or say, it will continue.

i'm so done by now.

and to the rest, yalz got me listening to hole all day!

Old 08.19.2009, 03:10 PM   #183
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
but..NOOOOO, courtney is a hypocritical bitch that does drugs.

it's so clear how little of what i type you actually read, which makes this conversation all the more hilarious. because obviously all you want to do is attack me.

i'm out to the phone store so peace out (or not, whatever you want)

Old 08.19.2009, 03:12 PM   #184
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't listened to hole in such a long time. Pretty on the inside is a good album.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 03:15 PM   #185
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Live through this is second imo.

Old 08.19.2009, 03:16 PM   #186
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
pretty on the inside got me into hole. live through this kept my interest.

celebrity skin is not hole.
Old 08.19.2009, 03:19 PM   #187
static-harmony
invito al cielo

Malibu and Celebrity skin are the only Hole songs I like from that album.

Old 08.19.2009, 03:19 PM   #188
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
their first singles are so so so so fucking brilliant

i am OBSESSED with retard girl
Old 08.19.2009, 03:24 PM   #189
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Ah, I haven't left yet....got kept at work...

Retard Girl is amazing!

20 Years in the Dakota (and yes, i know she smashes riot grrrl on this one...once again, people are allowed to have contradictory interests) and Burn Black are probably my favorite Hole songs...I really value most everything on My Body the Hand Grenade...

Old 08.19.2009, 03:27 PM   #190
Satan
invito al cielo

the guitar sound on retard girl especially but also on the other early shit sounds so dirty and nasty and awesome. & there are few people who sing with such genuine rage.
Old 08.19.2009, 03:29 PM   #191
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
the guitar sound on retard girl especially but also on the other early shit sounds so dirty and nasty and awesome. & there are few people who sing with such genuine rage.

I soooo agree with you here.

Old 08.19.2009, 03:38 PM   #192
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
hole are rubbish!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 03:39 PM   #193
Satan
invito al cielo

did that really warrant an exclamation point?
Old 08.19.2009, 03:40 PM   #194
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
courtney was right on about riot girl. she defied traditional roles by SHOWING us that she could rock just as hard as the boys

if all that riot grrrl was meant to be was a way for girls to 'rock just as hard as the boys' then it was a lot less interesting than I thought. Despite the name, there were boys involved in riot grrrl too and from my memory the idea was never to reach some kind of equilibrium with the rock world. My memory of it is that it was more an attempt to find some kind of an alternative to it. It rejected ideas like technique, gear fetish and and other coventions that were staples of the mainstream rock world, and had begun to find their way into alternative rock via bands like dinosaur. A lot of those ideas were borrowed from the post-punk/c86 era but, as secondhand and maybe even naive as those ideas may have been, they were far more exciting than merely campaigning for women to be taken seriously while rocking out during guitar solos. Vixen had already sort of done that.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2009, 03:41 PM   #195
Satan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
if all that riot grrrl was meant to be was a way for girls to 'rock just as hard as the boys' then it was a lot less interesting than I thought. Despite the name, there were boys involved in riot grrrl too and from my memory the idea was never to reach some kind of equilibrium with the rock world, it was an attempt to find some kind of an alternative to it. It rejected ideas like technique, gear fetish and and other coventions that were staples of the mainstream rock world, and had begun to find their way into alternative rock via bands like dinosaur. A lot of those ideas were borrowed from the post-punk/c86 era and, as secondhand and as naive as they may have been, they were far more exciting than merely campaigning for women to be taken seriously while rocking out during a guitar solo.
okay.
Old 08.19.2009, 03:42 PM   #196
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if this is truely the case....then how come the stooges, hendrix, nirvana, led zep, the doors, the new york dolls, bowie, etc are some of the most influential bands in history?

all those fuckers did A LOT of drugs.

there are exceptions to everything...but, the proof is in the pudding.

how many of those bands lost members, split up, or turned rubbish due to drug use?
Old 08.19.2009, 03:43 PM   #197
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
did that really warrant an exclamation point?
yes!
Old 08.19.2009, 03:45 PM   #198
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
if all that riot grrrl was meant to be was a way for girls to 'rock just as hard as the boys' then it was a lot less interesting than I thought. Despite the name, there were boys involved in riot grrrl too and from my memory the idea was never to reach some kind of equilibrium with the rock world. My memory of it is that it was more an attempt to find some kind of an alternative to it. It rejected ideas like technique, gear fetish and and other coventions that were staples of the mainstream rock world, and had begun to find their way into alternative rock via bands like dinosaur. A lot of those ideas were borrowed from the post-punk/c86 era but, as secondhand and maybe even naive as those ideas may have been, they were far more exciting than merely campaigning for women to be taken seriously while rocking out during guitar solos. Vixen had already sort of done that.

yeah, it's not like a rock version of hollywood feminism which means women get to maim and kill on screen as much as men do.
Old 08.19.2009, 03:47 PM   #199
Satan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yes!
merzbow blows!
Old 08.19.2009, 03:49 PM   #200
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

he blows up holes!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth