Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hollinndagain
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.02.2006, 10:39 PM   #1
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Just picked this up today, re-release of two different AC live performances in 2001. And i'm digging the hell out of it, anyone else like it?

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2006, 10:42 PM   #2
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I have it on a cdr... i was thinking about buying it but I decided on a couple of kerouac books instead. I listened to the first track of my cdr though, pretty good. I'll l have to get a copy sometime
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2006, 10:52 PM   #3
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
Just picked this up today, re-release of two different AC live performances in 2001. And i'm digging the hell out of it, anyone else like it?

shit son, that is the best record ac every did. one of my top 3 favorites of all time from anyone. it sounds like my high school cheerleading team on acid chanting over some weird opium addicted african tribe performing 'rebirth' . i wanted to kill my parents and go into the woods and cover myself in leaves....

got me so excited about animal collective until i started listening to their other stuff which wasnt nearly as interesting, oh well though. I still have a cdr copy i made when someone uploaded it up on the sy board (the old one), i have been waiting for the reissue for so long.

anyways, ive been meaning to order the lp reissue and cd this week but dont have the money yet.

is that a mic'd popcorn machine at the beginning of the record????
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2006, 10:56 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I really want it. I don't know if I'll be able to find it anywhere near me. I'll have to get it off of Amazon.
Old 11.02.2006, 10:57 PM   #5
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I really want it. I don't know if I'll be able to find it anywhere near me. I'll have to get it off of Amazon.

DONT GET IT OFF AMAZON! GET IT OFF ANIMAL COLLECTIVE THEMSELVES!

paw-tracks.com
Old 11.02.2006, 10:57 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
got me so excited about animal collective until i started listening to their other stuff which wasnt nearly as interesting, oh well though.
Say what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
DONT GET IT OFF AMAZON! GET IT OFF ANIMAL COLLECTIVE THEMSELVES!

paw-tracks.com
Okay.
Old 11.02.2006, 11:03 PM   #7
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Say what?

yeah, i really cant listen to any of their other stuff, if i do then i will hate it and it will ruin my perfect imaginery vision of the band i have in my head, it sounds crazy but thats just how weird i am about these things. i tried listening to a couple of tracks off of each of their albums and it almost ruined it for me, they just didnt sound as good at all. so i cant listen to anything from them but this anymore... i guess you cant say i am a true fan but whatever, i atleast love one of their records...

...although i do love panda bear's solo work, check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMLF6...related&search=
Old 11.02.2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

That video is great!

What album/song is that? I'd love to buy that from Paw Tracks too.

Edit: From Young Prayer? That is the only one I can find.
Old 11.02.2006, 11:18 PM   #9
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
That video is great!

What album/song is that? I'd love to buy that from Paw Tracks too.

Edit: From Young Prayer? That is the only one I can find.

i heart that video too. i have no idea of what its from ( its the only solo stuff i have listened too) but its beautiful....
Old 11.02.2006, 11:20 PM   #10
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

When I can afford it, I'm going to buy Hollinndagain and Young Prayers.
Old 11.02.2006, 11:27 PM   #11
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

cool, if i get some sort of cash flow going i will too.

my friend just buys tshirts and stuff off them and acts like he loves the band but never buys the records, what a loser....
Old 11.02.2006, 11:30 PM   #12
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I have it on cd-r too...nice and trippy.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2006, 11:31 PM   #13
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

I'd be really annoyed if I knew the guy.

I want to find a good shirt. I might buy one from the store, but I'm they only have 1 in my size, and I'm not sure if I like it. I really want to go to a show and get a shirt there, but they are still in Europe.
Old 11.03.2006, 11:00 AM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i've said it once, i''ll say it again:

my favorite animal collective album along with the prospect hummer ep.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2006, 11:02 AM   #15
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
i think i'll go pick it up this weekend. I hear they're coming out with a live box set this winter.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2006, 12:33 PM   #16
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i've said it once, i''ll say it again:

my favorite animal collective album along with the prospect hummer ep.

prospect hummer is fuckin great. Probably my favorite.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2006, 01:25 PM   #17
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I ordered it online along with the Wowee Zowee release and got an email several days ago notifying me of their shipment. Should get to me any day now. Cant wait!

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth