Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Last Gig You Went To And What Was It Like Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2014, 04:42 AM   #81
krischanski
children of satan

krischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asses
Obituary (with two other Death Metals from Berlin) at Bi Nuu in Berlin, two days ago.
It was loud and stinky and they only played twenty years old songs from their first three albums.
Nice Hair.
____
krischanski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2014, 04:26 AM   #82
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
Nope, just electronics and vocal, seems to be her setup now. Blazing incense sticks too hehehe

Saw her last night, thought it was great but way too short, she probably played for like 25 mins. Before her set I overheard one of the promoters asking her if half an hour was OK, I don't know if he was trying to lengthen her set or shorten it, but I reckon he wanted her to finish early so he could bugger off and watch the football. The cunt.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2014, 04:52 AM   #83
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Saw her last night, thought it was great but way too short, she probably played for like 25 mins. Before her set her overheard one of the promoters asking her if half an hour was OK, I don't know if he was trying to lengthen her set or shorten it. The cunt.

She probably played at least half an hour in Glasgow, though not much more. It was about the right amount of time.
Old 06.23.2014, 08:35 AM   #84
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Swans with xiu xiu as the opener.

god damn it was amazing. My frist swans show and I loved every second of it. All around awesome time last night. That shit was powerful!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2014, 09:04 AM   #85
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I'm debating if I should go again. I don't want to spend too much dough since I didn't work that much this weekend.....Butttt I want to invite this girl I'm talking to right now...
Old 06.23.2014, 09:05 AM   #86
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

And Xiu xiu like arrived late. Guy literally like flew in last night before the show....
Old 06.23.2014, 09:28 AM   #87
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

xiu xiu went on around 8:20, and by 9 his set was over. Swans were done at around 11:15? so about 90 minutes?
Old 06.23.2014, 01:45 PM   #88
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Haim. Dull and boring show.

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 06:21 AM   #89
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
EARTH

saw them for the second time. for a band whose music is so reliant on empty space, they are impossibly heavy. watching dylan and adrienne in particular is interesting, the theatricality of their movements is mesmerising.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2014, 07:23 AM   #90
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
The last thing that was really exciting for me was BADABOUM.

It's a pretty new band from Paris with members of The Dreams, Headwar, Dudu Geva.
They were super drunk, constantly changing instruments and managed to be really tight.
Usually rock gigs bore me after the second song, but this was so energetic and fun to watch and hear. gloomy fuzz and bear boned drums and creepy synth, angry women who scream at you in french - even after the gig. big YES.

that video doesn't really do them justice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qiw...Pl51FomsuzOsvu
so better go and see them live!
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2014, 05:21 AM   #91
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Daniel Higgs + Michael Zerang
it was horrible. really. Zerang is cool to hear and watch though, he's just fantastic. higgs totally ruined it for me.
we opened for them and sucked too.
Old 07.02.2014, 06:06 AM   #92
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I took my wife to her first show at Fitzgerald's in Houston this past Saturday night. This was my third trip to the venue since October (Legendary Pink Dots, Acid Mothers Temple) and the same place I first saw Swans 19 years ago on the 'The Great Annihilator' tour.

We arrived around 7:30 PM and were about fourth in line waiting for the doors to open. When waiting for such a thing, I'm always amazed at the sort of people who show up at shows. Everything from Gothic Queens of the Night to a couple who looked like they had spent the day hiking the Grand Canyon.

Xiu Xiu hit the stage at 9:20 PM and was done by 9:40. For this night, Xiu Xiu was just Jamie Stewart sitting at a card table connecting wires and tweaking knobs. I found it amusing that the security guys / bartenders / soundboard operators had their fingers stuck in their ears. It was so loud and came across to me as a pure crap. Just distorted reverb that sounded as if it had no plan or purpose. About five minutes in, Jamie started barking like a dog for a good twenty seconds.

Thor Harris started with a Gong and Cymbal solo just before 10:00 PM. Twenty minutes later, Phil Puleo joined on the drums and was quickly followed by, Christoph Hahn on steel guitar......by 10:30, everyone was on the stage.

Michael kept cracking jokes about their being a problem with the AC, but I believe it was turned off on purpose as I noticed none of the fans mounted to the walls or ceiling were working. It was hot and humid and at times it appeared Michael was concentrating to breath, but he also seemed to really be enjoying himself.

Michael did a good bit on gyrating and cavorting on stage, but I have no way of knowing if it was Thom Yorke like. Most of the band members were switching back and fourth between cans of Shiner and Lone Star Beer.

Setlist (what my ears recognized)

Frankie M
A Little God In My Hands
The Apostate
Just A Little Boy
Don't Go
Bring The Sun / Black Hole Man (I'm An Ass Hole Man)

To my surprise, my wife really enjoyed it! She keeps commenting about the "eye contact" and how they just fed off of each other......and how Michael would bring them up / down with his hand gestures......a few minutes after midnight, they were taking their final bows and it was all over.

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2014, 08:43 AM   #93
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

amazing show!
Old 07.03.2014, 03:09 PM   #94
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
Daniel Higgs + Michael Zerang
it was horrible. really. Zerang is cool to hear and watch though, he's just fantastic. higgs totally ruined it for me.
we opened for them and sucked too.

Zerang can get more music out of a temple bell than most drummers with a full kit!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 10:30 AM   #95
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
nice pictures bytor, strange to hear they're playing such comparatively short shows. presuming it's the physical demands of the new songs. when I saw them debuting the apostate back on those early 2011 dates gira was visibly exhausted at the end, although it was like 45 degrees...while I don't much care for the new record (like, at all) I imagine just a little boy would have been pretty incredible live.

caught total control at their album release show last week, pretty tiny venue, it's usually a wonderfully trashy club. crowd was shite though, a little tiff broke out between the band and some total cunt who was lobbing stuff at them all night. apparently it was their last show...

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 05:01 PM   #96
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Phil Minton!!

the weirdest bird in the forest

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2014, 12:18 AM   #97
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
ZZ Top, Ben Miller Band, Melrose & Ben Granfelt Band. All were just great!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2014, 02:22 AM   #98
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Phil Minton!!

the weirdest bird in the forest

I like that wherever he goes or whatever he does he makes funny noises.
i was part of one of these Feral Choir things 2 years ago. It was cool.
Old 07.17.2014, 03:51 PM   #99
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Saw OOIOO two nights ago. Twas amazing. They played a few songs of Taiga(Umo/Uma being my favorite!). Yoshimi screamed, sang, and trumpeted....The sound was perfect. My date enjoyed the show very much. She was groovin' haaaard to the music.

After the show I followed a member(he had a setlist taped to his back)....I tried to take it...but Yoshimi didn't let me ><

so here she is mocking me.

Old 07.20.2014, 03:57 AM   #100
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
JSBX was absolutely terrific! The best r`n`r-band of the world!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth