Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VI
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.26.2017, 01:45 PM   #1021
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I am just so irritated by him now. He looks like a destroyed human being, and he thinks he’s amazing. Fucking having strokes and shit at age 34 or whatever. Fucking ridiculous. Just *refuses* to *ever* put the goddamn codeine down. Looks like his gums bleed. Fucking sad. Seriously sad.

If Wayne’s career had ended about 6 months after Carter 3, he’d be a legend. Now he’s just destroying his own legacy. Idiot.
I don't believe that he thinks he's so great anymore. Back in 2014 he already said that he feels old and out of touch, and no longer considers himself the "best rapper alive" he once thought he was.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2017, 04:44 PM   #1022
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7rDXls2wVU

Back when Wayne was awesome. Pretty sure he doesn't even remember that he recorded this one..
Old 12.26.2017, 06:55 PM   #1023
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7rDXls2wVU

Back when Wayne was awesome. Pretty sure he doesn't even remember that he recorded this one..

This, for me, is THE cut from that era...

Lil Wayne/DJ Drama - “Canon” (Dedication 2)

Like the music from “Rocky” or something. He was truly a force of nature for a while. And this right here is my jam.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2017, 08:29 PM   #1024
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This, for me, is THE cut from that era...

Lil Wayne/DJ Drama - “Canon” (Dedication 2)

Like the music from “Rocky” or something. He was truly a force of nature for a while. And this right here is my jam.
I think that a lot of the fierceness in his raps came from his voice. If you pay attention to what he was really saying, then it was often nothing special. Although some of his lines seemed very corny on paper, his delivery made them work. He was also a lot younger than today but sounded older, more mature and even wiser. After Carter 3, his engineers started adding a high pitch to his voice that makes him sound like a 5 year old.

Of course, his performances got lazier and more predictable too.
Old 12.26.2017, 09:12 PM   #1025
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think that a lot of the fierceness in his raps came from his voice. If you pay attention to what he was really saying, then it was often nothing special. Although some of his lines seemed very corny on paper, his delivery made them work. He was also a lot younger than today but sounded older, more mature and even wiser. After Carter 3, his engineers started adding a high pitch to his voice that makes him sound like a 5 year old.

Of course, his performances got lazier and more predictable too.

And he stopped playing with different producers and just went for the DJ Mustard shit non-stop. And he kept saying he was growing and becoming more mature as a rapper, then he’d do an interview and say “I just wanna rap about money and slippery pussyand skateboarding. What else is there? Fucking pussy bitch *zzzzzzz* (nods off because of codeine)”

Fucking disappointment.
Old 12.31.2017, 04:05 PM   #1026
louder
invito al cielo

Any chance Kanye will drop something tonight?
Old 12.31.2017, 08:14 PM   #1027
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Any chance Kanye will drop something tonight?

Well, back in August he and Cudi and Takashi Murakami posted some stuff on Instagram that said “#EverybodyWins Dec. 31st.”

And he does like to drop New Year’s Eve singles.

But I’m starting to think it’s just another non-thing.

There is no way some awesome, fully-formed Kanye West album is just going to come out, with no warning, less than two years after TLOP. He’s not working at that pace anymore, and he had a rough 2016. I mean, I can hope — I DO hope that he drops at least one more classic critical and commercial beatdown to flip pop culture as we know it (FUCK UOU ROB, YOU KNOW IT’S TRUE YA BISSH!), but I’m not sure it will ever happen, and I certainly don’t think it’s going to happen tonight.

Probably just a Cudi single. Boooooring.
Old 12.31.2017, 08:34 PM   #1028
Severian
invito al cielo

Kanye has a unique opportunity though. Whenever he does choose to end his solo career — and I do think that will happen sooner rather than later — he can cap off the most amazing winning streak of albums in modern popular music by focusing all his energy on producing. He can continue to evolve sonically and influence new artists, which is what he loves to do, without all the pressure of being at the center of it all.

I hope against hope that he goes out on top like Seinfeld and the Beatles, and proceeds to have the solo artist’s version of a “solo career” ... producing amazing albums. Because even those who refuse to accept Kanye’s greatness and influence (YOU AGAIN ROB YA BISSH!) have to know that he’s the best fucking producer in the game.
42495051 52
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth