Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café IV
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2015, 03:21 PM   #1161
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i said it'll be an album of the year contender and y'all probably thought i was overreacting, haha. it's all good though.

Well, I am genuinely amazed by the accuracy of your prediction on this one. I'm sorry I reacted that way. I think Barter 6 was still fresh in my head. I know we both expected something amazing on Young Thug's debut, based on the material Thug had made available at that point.

When that turned out to be the biggest disappointment of the year, I guess I stopped believing that a (relatively) untested rapper could be expected to make a "Best of the Year"-caliber release on their first official true LP.

I'm still approaching big, heavily hyped debuts with extreme caution.

Anyway, Vince really has done something special and extraordinary here.
I was pretty sure I still preferred ALLA up until yesterday, but then I put on the second half of ALLA after Summertime '06, and it seemed pretty slow by comparison.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2015, 08:35 PM   #1162
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
They are prob my 2 fav albums of the year right now, with joey and bronson following.
Old 07.04.2015, 11:21 PM   #1163
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I just noticed, 6 months into 2015 w no lil b. Huh.
Old 07.05.2015, 11:14 AM   #1164
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Yo my darlings, so me and a friend have decided to get into the t-shirt/vest selling business, along with him selling prints of his paintings. So I figure I might as well try and hawk the tops on here.

Introducing our first top, and hopefully the first of many, the Kanye Vest. Here's the link to our Etsy page Etsy

Hopefully some of you dig it and the like. I expect Rob Instigator, El Symbols and Suchfriends will pining for a Kanye Vest to add to their collections.

Love//

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2015, 11:51 AM   #1165
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
you can get Wayne's album for free now: http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Fre...pe.720506.html
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2015, 11:53 AM   #1166
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
wow, i didn't expect it to be that bad. it was worse than IANAHB2 for me. i don't even remember a single song.. the production sounds like some circus music, with really corny female singer hooks on many songs (a la Em's album "Recovery").

his verses on "Smuckers" and "M's" were some of his best ish in a while, and now we're getting this. ugh.
Old 07.05.2015, 01:37 PM   #1167
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha I remember you bigged up her album so much I decided to check it out mfw Awful, just awful. Although, to be fair, it's probably the only time I've thought you were way off on a recommendation.

This sums up how awful she is...

Kendrick vs. Iggy
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ClCV7WNxzQA

hilarious.
Old 07.05.2015, 01:43 PM   #1168
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

What makes it worse is the amount of people actually cheering it. I weep.

Old 07.05.2015, 01:45 PM   #1169
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

In other news, I FINALLY heard Frank Ocean's Channel Orange album for the first time today. I know, I know I should be slapped. I gonna file this one under 'what took you so long, yer dingus'. Great album.

Old 07.05.2015, 01:47 PM   #1170
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
In other news, I FINALLY heard Frank Ocean's Channel Orange album for the first time today. I know, I know I should be slapped. I gonna file this one under 'what took you so long, yer dingus'. Great album.
the good news is he has another album coming out, supposedly this month!

and it's titled "Boys Don't Cry".
Old 07.05.2015, 01:50 PM   #1171
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

Aye, I read about his new album coming out, then realised I hadn't even listened to his last one. Odd considering how many people I had banging on about it to me.

Super Rich Kids and Pyramids are my favourite so far. I'm sure that'll change with each listen.

Old 07.05.2015, 01:51 PM   #1172
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Aye, I read about his new album coming out, then realised I hadn't even listened to his last one. Odd considering how many people I had banging on about it to me.

Super Rich Kids and Pyramids are my favourite so far. I'm sure that'll change with each listen.
it's truly one of those albums where i can't pick a favorite song because every fucking song is so good.
Old 07.06.2015, 09:53 AM   #1173
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wow, i didn't expect it to be that bad. it was worse than IANAHB2 for me. i don't even remember a single song.. the production sounds like some circus music, with really corny female singer hooks on many songs (a la Em's album "Recovery").

his verses on "Smuckers" and "M's" were some of his best ish in a while, and now we're getting this. ugh.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's a shame, but Weezy's done. TKO. Carter V, if ever released, is going to have to be the end. If people keep waiting around for things to get good again, he's going to keep making crap that he promises will be dope, and we'll keep getting our hopes up and he'll keep crushing them.

Let's face it guys: Carter and Carter II were his classics of their era, and eventually they'll be forgotten. C3 was a fluke, with great production being more responsible for its timelessness than Wayne's actual talent. It's a great record, but set those lyrics against typical, dead on arrival beats like those on- well - just about every album since C3, and C3 would be just as forgettable.

C4 had a moment or two, and so did most of his tapes, but homie's done.

Drake has surpassed him as a rapper and a creative voice and even a brand. And Drake's a former child soap actor, the most unlikely rap star ever. Wayne should bow out.
Old 07.06.2015, 09:54 AM   #1174
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Now we're talking some exciting ass shit.
Old 07.06.2015, 10:08 AM   #1175
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Carter 3 was great because he recorded enough material for like 5 albums and hired a f'ing editor to condense down into one album of good stuff. Truth is at that period, he could have made it a double LP and it would have still been great.

But after that.

Well I love Rebirth, but I love it cuz it's weird. I love it cuz it's kind of bad.

I Am Not A Human Being I & II both have their moments. I more than II. But in both cases they're not so different from mixtape material man. I mean honestly, they're collections of outtakes. II actually has tracks on it that were released as promo singles for Rebirth.

Carter IV is good. I mean, it's gotta be the best thing that he's done post-Carter III anyway.

Then you got the mixtapes. So many mixtapes...

No Ceilings is the only truly great one.

Dedication 3, 4, 5 are all pretty meh. Sorry 4 Tha Wait is alright. Same with it's sequel. Nothing I'd even really think of throwing on for any real reason.

We Are Young Money was good. Rise Of An Empire, not so much.
Old 07.06.2015, 10:16 AM   #1176
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yo my darlings, so me and a friend have decided to get into the t-shirt/vest selling business, along with him selling prints of his paintings. So I figure I might as well try and hawk the tops on here.

Introducing our first top, and hopefully the first of many, the Kanye Vest. Here's the link to our Etsy page Etsy

Hopefully some of you dig it and the like. I expect Rob Instigator, El Symbols and Suchfriends will pining for a Kanye Vest to add to their collections.

Love//

That's an interesting drawing and all- might be cooler if the style was used to caricature political villains- but I would *never* wear that. Of course, I've never worn anything without sleeves except for the undershirts I wear under my work clothes (which still embarrass me even though I'm the only one who sees myself in them), so maybe I'm a too J. Crew for your look.

But listen, if someone started marketing a line of dress casual clothes with tasteful and unassuming embroidered Dead Kennedys or SY or Aphex Twin or Kanye logos on the breast pockets or cufflinks, I think that person could make a lot of money with the aging punks, acid heads and thugs who need to look professional at work, but don't want to stop repping their hardcore roots.

Metalheads in particular would probably flock to a fashion line like this, since so many of them have IT jobs which allow for nothing but the occasional neat ponytail as a means of self expression.

Maybe you could get in on this. My girlfriend makes clothes and sells them on Etsy (you know her as E. noise field if at all) and is kind of brilliant when it comes to DIY fashion. And I briefly spent some time taking Graphic Design electives in college, so. Maybe we could all be happy opportunistic capitalists together!!! Have your peopl call my people (ie PM me) if you're interested.

*Fistbumb*
Old 07.06.2015, 10:37 AM   #1177
Severian
invito al cielo

I'm not gonna lie, it's really interesting watercolor artwork, reminiscent of a lot of myth-based cultural children's books I was exposed to as a sprat in the early '80s. One on Irish folklore comes immediately to mind.

I think it's inventive, even though the influences are clear, and I think it's pretty interesting, but... Well, how do I put this? ... I just... I don't think anyone who liked Kanye West would probably wear that. It's like... If someone REALLY LOVED Ronald Reagan, would they sport a t-shirt with his "Land of Confusion" video puppet on it?

Know what I'm saying? I think this artwork would be great, for example, in a comic book that featured a number of celebrities as the main characters, and focused on the worst, most vapid elements of the celebs' personalities. Maybe if you applied that style to an image of the famous Kanye teddy-bear, it would feel a little more like a celebration of the guy. But he looks like a PCP addict who's not above buggering infants in that particular frame.

Sorry- not trying to be a dick. It's fascinating... Really...and maybe it would appeal to a young black Ye fan. But it's just really weirding me out, right now. Looks like my own face when I'm on far too high a dose of mushrooms and looking in the mirror.

No offense.
Old 07.06.2015, 11:19 AM   #1178
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Miguel is on the charm offensive this week. The R&B star has made a new claim that he makes “better music” than sort-of nemesis Frank Ocean.

With his new album ‘Wildheart’ out now, Miguel was speaking to The Sunday Times about his relationship with Ocean.

“I wouldn’t say we were friends,” he admitted. “To be completely honest - and no disrespect to anyone - I genuinely believe that I make better music, all the way around.”
not gonna lie, Miguel is very talented.

his new album is very very good.
Old 07.06.2015, 11:35 AM   #1179
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
look at da flicka da wrist....
Old 07.06.2015, 11:53 AM   #1180
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Now we're talking some exciting ass shit.
i find current R&B just as exciting as hip-hop, with innovative artists like Frank, Miguel, PARTYNEXTDOOR, D'Angelo who made an epic comeback last year, The Weeknd and Jeremih whom it's great to see killin' the Billboard charts..
49565758 59 60616269 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth