Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page bjork...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.29.2008, 07:25 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ive been listening to bjork again big time these past couple of days. she really is amazing. her records all have the most beautiful textures, atmespheres, beats, everything. not to mention her voice is one of the most beautiful ever, i mean shes gotta be up there with i dunno, aretha franklin for sheer vocal power. my favorite female solo vocalist/performer probably ever, and shes gotta be the best of the last 15 years or so. i was just wondering of those who dig her on this board, whats your favorite alblums by her? i dont think shes had one misstep up untill last year with volta (which sucks, huge dissapointment, it aint terrible but i was expecting it to be one of the best of the year considering its bjork and she had the likes of brian chippendale, timbaland, antony, chris corsano, all those icelandic brass muscianas, just so many great collaborators)

my faves:
homogenic (produced by mark bell of lfo and howie b, huge beats, great lyrics, bjork's vocals one the top of her game, wildly experimental in comparison with earlier works, her best record)/

medulla (way underrated, the whole fucking record is almost made exclusivley from the human voice for fucks sakes! this alblum gets my pic just for sheer idea, without even counting the quality of the tracks)

any other bjork fans in the house?

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
She is one of the most consistantly brilliant artists, and very unfashionable. Cue lots of posts telling you how shit she is, and how over-rated, and how she smells like poo.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I've been a fan incidently, since I bought the first KUKL album (1983?).
Old 02.29.2008, 07:31 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I love Bjork. She's so fly. That bitch is crazy, though. I wouldn't fuck with her.
Old 02.29.2008, 07:32 PM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
she's awful, she sucks.
Cheeky.
Old 02.29.2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I got Holiday in Europe the other week. That's one of the Kukl records. I was surprised at how much better it was than the Sugarcubes (who had some AMAZING singles). Bjork is a bit to ubiquitous for me to ever remember how good she actually is when I get round to listening to her. But that's definitely my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I ordered The Sugarcubes' Life's Too Good a week ago. I'm also interested in the KUKL stuff.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 08:25 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a huge fan of her albums, but I do like some songs, and I love her videos.I think she's pretty cute.. or was.. I dunno.. she's older now..And her husband (?) Matthew Barney is one of the worst human beings in the history of existence.Her voice is interesting.She's an interesting person... a bit overrated overall but yeah. I'm glad she exists.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2008, 08:36 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm not a huge fan of her albums, but I do like some songs, and I love her videos.I think she's pretty cute.. or was.. I dunno.. she's older now..And her husband (?) Matthew Barney is one of the worst human beings in the history of existence.Her voice is interesting.She's an interesting person... a bit overrated overall but yeah. I'm glad she exists.

haha, i think its so hilarious how matthew barney is considered either brilliant, or a complete wank off idiot. either way, im glad he reps pig destroyer, dont have any opinion other than that, ive never seen his movies.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 02:03 AM   #11
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Cue lots of posts telling you how shit she is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
she's awful, she sucks.
Quote:
...how over-rated...
Quote:
She's an interesting person... a bit overrated
Quote:
...how ubiquitous...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Bjork is a bit to ubiquitous for me...
Quote:
...and how she smells like poo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
and she smells like she's pooed herself
You people.
Old 03.01.2008, 02:08 AM   #12
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i like bjork. i like the sugarcubes. also, she's pretty in kind of a weird way.
Old 03.01.2008, 07:08 AM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Matthew Barney is one of the worst human beings in the history of existence.

It surprises me how you nearly always manage to say something wrong. Are you an internet art project?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 03.01.2008, 07:53 AM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
No, I'm not, but if I were, my art would still be better than his.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 08:01 AM   #15
Glice
invito al cielo

ADHD! ADHD! Nonsense.

Quote:
Old 03.01.2008, 10:51 AM   #16
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
ah Bjork I remember when she was in the SugarCubes & when she fucked up that reporter totally awesome. Check for her live dvd's hardly any errors...

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
i was just wondering of those who dig her on this board, whats your favorite alblums by her?

Old thread:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...241#post434241

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
my faves:
homogenic (produced by mark bell of lfo and howie b, huge beats, great lyrics, bjork's vocals one the top of her game, wildly experimental in comparison with earlier works, her best record)/

medulla (way underrated, the whole fucking record is almost made exclusivley from the human voice for fucks sakes! this alblum gets my pic just for sheer idea, without even counting the quality of the tracks)

Homogenic is my fave too. I wanted to give Medulla a new listen but I can't find my copy.
Old 03.01.2008, 06:53 PM   #18
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Respect? Yes.
Enjoy? Hell no.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 12:33 AM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
sorry but i've always disliked her.

there was a time when i liked "army of me" but, seriously, it's only half a good chorus and lazy/annoying song/vocals/instrumental/songwriting like 99.9999% of her stuff. seriously, what i don't like about her is how she tries to compensate mediocrity with "excentricity".
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2008, 07:46 PM   #20
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Respect? Yes.
Enjoy? Hell no.
That is how I feel. I think I've listened to like 5 of her albums hoping to "find something" in the music that I dig/relate to, but it just ain't happening.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth