Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New dates with Flaming Lips added on the homepage..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2006, 02:09 PM   #21
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretGirl13
Hey Krastian and jennthebenn---do either of you know what's up with Allentown fair tickets? I'll be living close to the fairgrounds in the fall, so it would be a crime not to go. I couldn't find a site selling them yet, but then again Allentown is so badly organized that I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't on sale for awhile.
Hey....I'm not sure. I'm guessing they probably won't go on sale for a little while longer either.
Old 05.21.2006, 03:34 PM   #22
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
does anyone know what site will be selling the tickets?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 03:49 PM   #23
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
i didn't see anything pertaining to these shows yet (maybe didn't look hard enough), but here's the site for the allentown state fair:http://www.allentownfairpa.org/
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 04:58 PM   #24
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
does anyone know what site will be selling the tickets?

most of the time state fair shows are free with paid admission to the fair so all ya got to do is go to the fair.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 12:53 AM   #25
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
NYC dates coming soon!
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2006, 08:49 AM   #26
Culley
empty page

Culley has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Yeah, I'll have to keep up to date on when tix are going on sale. I cover Iowa music scene on my blog and was blown away to see them playing Council Bluffs. It'll be a bit of a drive as I'm on the other side of the state, but... in fact, St. Louis might actually be a bit closer.

Regardless, Sonic Youth and The Lips in Iowa, who would'a thunk it. And, as somebody else said, not really sure why they just didn't drive 10 minutes to book it in Omaha?
Culley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 08:07 PM   #27
raycharlescansee
little trouble girl

raycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard sucka
Any word on when tickets go on sale for the "Omaha" show?
Old 05.27.2006, 03:41 PM   #28
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck yeah, that's all I can say. Thank God (Hendrix) that they are coming to Boston. I'd be very upset if they passed over us Beaners (and by that I mean Beantowners). This show ought to be fucking amazing!
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 04:27 PM   #29
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'm seeing them at the State Fair.
Old 06.01.2006, 01:07 AM   #30
Deniedwings
empty page

Deniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDeniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest

I might have to settle for this since I couldnt get tickets for the Electric Factory show.

Allentown Fair announces a ‘fair-fest’ of rock
Six hour show slated for August 31
For Release: Allentown, Pa. - Look out Bonnaroo and Coachella, two of the largest alternative band music festivals to be staged in the United States! This year’s Allentown Fair is having its own mini rock festival featuring four bands in a six-hour show at the fair’s grandstand concert venue Thursday, August 31.
Alternative rock pioneers The Flaming Lips, the underground duo from Bucks County Ween, the punk band celebrating its 25th anniversary SonicYouth , and the newcomer indie band from Great Britain The Magic Numbers will play from 5-11 p.m. Tickets for this concert go on sale to the public on Saturday, June 24 along with all shows the fair has confirmed by this date.
The Flaming Lips latest release, “At War With the Mystics,” debuted to critical acclaim at No. 11 on Billboard’s chart in March. The “Lips” have been around since 1983 with flamboyant stage shows that include lead singer Wayne Coyne riding around in a big gerbil ball and shooting confetti and fog into the audience. Coyne and fellow band-mates Steven Drozd and Michael Irvins are even joined on stage by a troupe of dancing Santa Clauses.
Ween’s roots date back to 1984 when Aaron Freeman and Mickey Melchiondo became acquainted in their 8th grade typing class in New Hope, PA. They started making music under the aliases of “Gene and Dean Ween,” and have since produced 13 albums with songs that have been used in movies such as the “The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood” and “Spongebob Squarepants.”
The original four members of Sonic Youth formed in 1981 playing what they have described as “experimental rock music.” Three of the four originals, guitar and vocalists Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon and Lee Ranaldo are joined by drummer Steve Shelley for a new release due out June 13 to celebrate the band’s 25th anniversary.
To round out the fair’s eclectic festival, The Magic Numbers have been described as a contemporary version of the ‘60s Mamas and the Papas and have been gaining a large following in Great Britain.
Tickets for this show are $39 and include admission to the fair when purchased in advance of the show date. There will be festival standing room in front of the stage and reserved seats in the covered grandstand.
For more information call 610-433-7541 or visit the dFair Web site at
www.allentownfairpa.org.
Deniedwings is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 01:12 AM   #31
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^Holy shit man.....thanks for the info.
Old 06.01.2006, 01:24 AM   #32
krastian
invito al cielo

They better sell booze so I can be drunk on the ferris wheel.

Old 06.02.2006, 02:38 AM   #33
Deniedwings
empty page

Deniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDeniedwings has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
haha that would be fun.

I hate Allentown.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:16 PM   #34
krastian
invito al cielo

I've never been there. It's kind of close to Pittsburgh, right?
Old 06.02.2006, 06:58 PM   #35
Almost Crimes
empty page

Almost Crimes has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I can't wait to see Sonic Youth and the Flaming Lips in Syracuse. Unfortunately there's no mention of the show on the website: http://www.nysfair.org/state_fair/20...andstand.shtml It's scary seeing all that country shit and waiting for Sonic Youth and Flaming Lips to pop up in that September 1st spot. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't gotten any word back yet. Hopefully this is still on, I'm really excited.
Almost Crimes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2006, 08:02 PM   #36
Deniedwings
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
I've never been there. It's kind of close to Pittsburgh, right?

hahahaa no its nowhere near pittsburgh. Its about an hour north of Philly.
Old 06.03.2006, 09:02 PM   #37
krastian
invito al cielo

Even better.
Old 06.03.2006, 09:20 PM   #38
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Pittsburg sucks. It's a shit city.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 03:09 AM   #39
Deniedwings
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Pittsburg sucks. It's a shit city.

So is Allentown. I wouldnt know where it is either if I didnt have an ex-boyfriend who lived there.

If anyone hears anything about tickets on sale, post it here. and if anyone has an extra ticket for the Philly show, hook me up
Old 06.07.2006, 11:50 AM   #40
raycharlescansee
little trouble girl

raycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard suckaraycharlescansee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycharlescansee
Any word on when tickets go on sale for the "Omaha" show?

Are we ever going to get on sale info????

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth