Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston Gig Sun 27th Nov Dublin..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.24.2011, 02:28 PM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone off the board heading to this??

my buddy sourced this information about a record fair beforehand online and why i havent been able to think straight since!!?!

thoughts??

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=317137534969537
Old 11.24.2011, 05:37 PM   #2
jasona
empty page

jasona has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yep looking forward to it
jasona is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2011, 09:07 PM   #3
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I think greenlight mentioned before that he might be attending, so there's even potential that he tapes, and makes his recording available for all of us to enjoy.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2011, 01:42 AM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
FISHMONKEY !!! You're alive! How you been, my Irish brother?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going. His last gig in Tripod was great
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2011, 07:14 AM   #6
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
FISHMONKEY !!! You're alive! How you been, my Irish brother?

i'm good Slavo my good friend, just ticking along nicely, hows things with you? you still makin that sweet sweet music??
Old 11.26.2011, 10:04 AM   #7
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i'm good Slavo my good friend, just ticking along nicely, hows things with you? you still makin that sweet sweet music??

yeah, i'm trying. i'll have a gig next Wednsday, looking forward to it quite much.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.26.2011, 10:33 AM   #8
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
where are you playing?
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2011, 05:01 AM   #9
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
where are you playing?

Bratislava

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.27.2011, 07:12 PM   #10
jasona
empty page

Thursten at the gig took a large slug out of a fans hipflask and said it tasted like gods vagina ----LOL , wonder what type of whiskey it was.

great gig
Old 11.28.2011, 04:56 AM   #11
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/thurst...-43d1c7db.html

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2011, 08:49 AM   #12
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I think greenlight mentioned before that he might be attending, so there's even potential that he tapes, and makes his recording available for all of us to enjoy.

very true. everything's recorded in 24bit/48mhz. be sharing soon .

nice acoustic set, which included poems read by Thurston (dont know if it was his or someone's else) in between songs. yeah, set was compiled from all of his major solo albums PH, TOTA and DT. interesting to see acoustic version of PH songs by the way. i think on his tour to TOTA he performed PH songs on electric guitars.

happy to score DT on vinyl and some Mirror/Dash cd from their merchant table. actually i had a nice chat to guy who were at the table selling finding out he is from Sunburned Hand Of The Man band. so suddenly 3rd. member of SHOTM "caught on the scene" travelling with Thurson, hehe. Paul or Phil is his name, sorry i think i forgot. nice guy. i've noticed later he swapped with SY's tour agent for Europe at the table, what's his name, Carl Von somthing...ehrmm sory, from Belgium, who was there as well and probably travels with them around Europe. bump into T in the venue. i was so tempted ask him about split up with Kim and whole situation in SY, but just did not have guts, respect his private life and probably it would not be appropriate question from a stranger like me, as it is still fresh news. but then. i forgot to ask everything else, like why he put down his blog and lots of different stuff, hehehe. so only said halo to him.

sorry, missed support band. Tall First. was it? were they any good?

yeah, some funny moments and comments. that god's vagina, then Moloney... irish blood/descendad of Moloney clan (he actually end up talking to mic [could not understand, wha he was talking about?] before first encore while T was still at the backstage and someone came to him hug him or smth...funny). Button Factory venue and Olympia venue (which is close by and they played there in 90ties) confusion. was he for real or messing. i mean Olympia venue is bit, well..hehehe.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2011, 09:00 AM   #13
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
very true. everything's recorded in 24bit/48mhz. be sharing soon .

nice acoustic set, which included poems read by Thurston (dont know if it was his or someone's else) in between songs. yeah, set was compiled from all of his major solo albums PH, TOTA and DT. interesting to see acoustic version of PH songs by the way. i think on his tour to TOTA he performed PH songs on electric guitars.

happy to score DT on vinyl and some Mirror/Dash cd from their merchant table. actually i had a nice chat to guy who were at the table selling finding out he is from Sunburned Hand Of The Man band. so suddenly 3rd. member of SHOTM on "caught on the scene" travelling with Thurson, hehe. Paul or Phil is his name, sorry i think i forgot. nice guy. i noticed he swapped with SY's tour agent for Europe, whats his name, Carl Von somthing...ehrmm from Belgium, who was there as well and probably travels with them around Europe. bump into T in the venue. i was so tempted ask him about split up with kim and whole situation in SY, but just did not have guts respect his private life and probably it would not be appropriate question from a stranger like me as it is still fresh news. but then forgot to ask everything else, like why he put down his blog and lots of different stuff, hehehe. so only said halo to him.

sorry, missed support band. Tall First. was it? were they any good?

I look forward to hearing yr recording Rich! I think the guy on the merch desk was probably Paul LaBrecque from Sunburned/Head of Wantastiquet. What Mirror/Dash cd did you get?

Good to hear you enjoyed the set.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2011, 09:14 AM   #14
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
The Carl you are referring to is Carlos van Hijfte, from Holland actually, not Belgium. His daugther is playing with Thurston and Kim's daughter on the Murray Street cover.
Old 11.28.2011, 11:32 AM   #15
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
I look forward to hearing yr recording Rich! I think the guy on the merch desk was probably Paul LaBrecque from Sunburned/Head of Wantastiquet. What Mirror/Dash cd did you get?

Good to hear you enjoyed the set.

yo Stu! nice to see you again. uhmmm, wanted to pm you on fb, because last time you send me a link to that last L.R. release, well i found your link bit late and i could not dl it, or maybe it was megaupload problem. is it still alive? i would really like to hear it. cheers.

oh, could be him.

and it is I Can't Be Bought. they had Samara's stuff, Tall First Stuff, Thurston Stuff (not much, 2 or 3 titles, everything you have anyway), I've seen some Geene Moore/Thurston Moore and someone else (?) release. some free jazz they've done (i really wanted to get that one, but i spent 30 already for cd and DT vinyl + extra tick. and drinks for that nice chick i managed bring with me to accompanied me so....sometime later i suppose ) oh yeah and DT tshirts, or was it DT tshirts, i think so, g i am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
The Carl you are referring to is Carlos van Hijfte, from Holland actually, not Belgium. His daugther is playing with Thurston and Kim's daughter on the Murray Street cover.

g, of course, you're right, i'm sorry, i know he is from Holland. why did i said Belgium. sorry. probably because guy from SHOTM told me he lives in Belgium now for 5 years.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2011, 11:51 AM   #16
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
yo Stu! nice to see you again. uhmmm, wanted to pm you on fb, because last time you send me a link to that last L.R. release, well i found your link bit late and i could not dl it, or maybe it was megaupload problem. is it still alive? i would really like to hear it. cheers.

oh, could be him.

and it is I Can't Be Bought. they had Samara's stuff, Tall First Stuff, Thurston Stuff (not much, 2 or 3 titles, everything you have anyway), I've seen some Geene Moore/Thurston Moore and someone else (?) release. some free jazz they've done (i really wanted to get that one, but i spent 30 already for cd and DT vinyl + extra tick. and drinks for that nice chick i managed bring with me to accompanied me so....sometime later i suppose ) oh yeah and DT tshirts, or was it DT tshirts, i think so, g i am not sure.

g, of course, you're right, i'm sorry, i know he is from Holland. why did i said Belgium. sorry. probably because guy from SHOTM told me he lives in Belgium now for 5 years.

Yeah Paul LaBrecque lives in Belgium. I'm going to see Sunburned on thursday and he told me that he'd be there too. I'll hopefully see Thurston on friday and maybe saturday aswell... was the Gene/Thurston thing Owl Xounds? (sorry for all the questions but you know what i'm like I want to get everything! ) was it a cassette?

regarding the megaupload thing, it is still active I just checked... keep refreshing the page and it should work. I've had this problem a lot recently.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasona
Thursten at the gig took a large slug out of a fans hipflask and said it tasted like gods vagina ----LOL , wonder what type of whiskey it was.

great gig
i heard the guy tell him it was Vodka, Thurston said whats in it? and the guy said vodka
Old 11.28.2011, 12:05 PM   #18
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
was great gig especially for 20 euro, and picked up the album on vinyl, and the poster, was my first ever vinyl record, now all i need is a player can anyone help me out with what i should get?

I don't want to get just an okay one, wanna get a player that will be really worth while with good sound quality.
Old 11.28.2011, 05:20 PM   #19
jasona
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Rocket
i heard the guy tell him it was Vodka, Thurston said whats in it? and the guy said vodka

cheers
Old 11.28.2011, 05:52 PM   #20
EvdWee
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Yeah Paul LaBrecque lives in Belgium. I'm going to see Sunburned on thursday and he told me that he'd be there too. I'll hopefully see Thurston on friday and maybe saturday aswell... was the Gene/Thurston thing Owl Xounds? (sorry for all the questions but you know what i'm like I want to get everything! ) was it a cassette?

regarding the megaupload thing, it is still active I just checked... keep refreshing the page and it should work. I've had this problem a lot recently.

Paul opened for Sonic Youth last time they played in Brussels...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth